June Music Challenge *WINNER*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

June Music Challenge *WINNER*

Post by pawprints »

Thank you all for sharing your stories of the songs that have meaning to you. I enjoyed every one of your wonderful layouts. The winner, courtesy of random.org, is...

#4 grama of 2

Congratulations! I will be sending you a $5 ACOT gift card!

Thank you to everyone for playing along!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With everything that went on with the mb crash and me not having access to my participants I extended the due date for this challenge to 11:59 pm July 7th.

This month's music challenge was inspired by Denise's thread "Do any songs make you teary eyed?" I don't want this to necessarily be a "sad" thread, so my challenge is for you to pick a song that has a deep meaning for you. It can be a song that makes you teary eyed, or it can be a song that makes you extremely happy. It just should have some meaning to you. Maybe it reminds you of how you feel about your dh or one of your children. Maybe it is the song you danced to at your wedding. Maybe it reminds you of something silly you or someone you know does whenever they hear it. Maybe it reminds you of a lost loved one. Just pick a song that when you hear it it has a special meaning for you. Use the song title, or a lyric from the song, as your title. Then scrap about it. Journaling would be great but I'm not making it a requirement in case it is something you don't wish to journal about but would still like to scrap the memory. Just let us know what the special meaning is that the song has for you.

As usual open to paper, digi, hybrid, cards, crafts, or whatever this inspires you to create.

Multiple submissions are allowed.

May be combined with one other challenge as long as that challenge allows it.

Please post your creations to this thread (there will not be a spot in the gallery for it) by the end of the month. A random winner will win a $5 ACOT gift card from me! Entries will be accepted up until the time I pick my winner.

I apologize for not doing a new layout this month, but I am posting one from my gallery that I did a while back. Denise's thread brought back the memory of a song that has a very deep meaning to me… "Can't Stop Loving You" by Phil Collins. It was a song that was very popular when Cider was sick and it used to come on the radio almost every time I made the 30 minute trip to the vet with him, which was quite often. The first line… "so you're leaving, in the morning" would just set me off and the whole song just hit home because I knew I was losing him. I would cry my eyes out the whole time it played. And after losing him I couldn't hear it without bawling my eyes out. It's been 11 years and it still makes me so teary eyed when I hear it. I call it Cidie's song. This is the page I scrapped about it...

My journaling reads: In the winter of 2003 Cider became sick with cancer. He was only six years old and one day he seemed to be fine and then the next thing we knew he was sick. Cider fought hard and we fought along with him. The ride to the vet was far and we made many trips back and forth all winter and spring. That year the weather was relentless, and we made most of our trips in pouring rain, snow storms, and even a blizzard. I used to refer to those storms as tears from the sky, as it seemed as though the world knew the intense sadness in our lives. During most of our trips, the song “Can’t Stop Loving You” by Phil Collins would come on the radio and the lyrics would hit me hard. As soon as it started with “so you’re leaving…” I would burst into tears. The song would play almost every drive we took to the vet and to this day when I hear it I always get tears in my eyes. I refer to it as “Cidie’s Song” and it will always have a special meaning to me.

I hope you all have fun with this. After my dd's wedding I hope to scrap a new layout for this challenge too. I'll update if I do.

Participants:

1) DianeH
2) StacyLeeD
3) Kari_H
4) grama of 2
5) Christi S.
6) Verity_DD
7) CarrieG
8) joannie
9) blbabe1234
10) sweetsour
11) blfonty
12) Deanna13
13) Retiree3
14) cajenkins81
Last edited by pawprints on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:48 am, edited 20 times in total.

Image Image Image

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Re: June Music Challenge

Post by cajenkins81 »

great challenge! When I was reading the sad song thread, I thought "man, this would be great for some sort of challenge" lol.  great minds think alike! I've got a couple ideas for this one... 
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

Oh Barb...reading the journaling and seeing that layout brought tears to my eyes again. I know how strongly that song meant/means to you and how much you loved Cider. He was such a beautiful boy.

Great challenge as always and I have a song in mind. I'm gonna try to do this one.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Cherry Blossom

Post by »

Fun challenge....and what a sweet page and story!  
"If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun."

Kathy
sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Oh boy, I haven't even responded to Denise's thread because I just have too many to name.!  Music is such a huge part of my life. I am sure I can narrow it down though... Hopefully make a page as dear as yours.
 Karrie

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5433

Post by Deanna13 »

Wonderful challenge! Image
Image Image ImageImage
Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 627

Post by Berta R. »

So many songs are coming to mind right now.  This will be fun!  Image
***Berta***
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

I think I have the perfect picture and song. Thank you for this challenge.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
mommyribs
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 76

Post by mommyribs »

Great challenge.  Really want to give this one a try.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Have a "magical" day
DianeH
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 38

Post by DianeH »

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine" was a song that I use to sing to my daughter all the time, and even made it her ringtone on my phone.  Now she sings it to her daughter, Katie, who is in this layout.

StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Post by StacyLee »

I really, really like this idea, and I LOVE your example! Great idea for a challenge.
Stacy

ImageImageImage

StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Post by StacyLee »

Here's my submission,  I chose Country Roads by John Denver.  When I started pulling papers out I couldn't believe I had paper with music notes & the "cherished memories" label from Simple Stories' Documented line, perfect fit! The picture is of the gravel road leading to my childhood home, on a farm in Missouri.  I took this picture on what I didn't know at the time would be my last visit with my Dad before he became very ill.  He was so sweet to drive me all over and around my little home town. Sweet memories, thank you so much for posting this challenge, I really, really enjoyed making this page tonight!
Stacy

ImageImageImage

Kari_H
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 246

Post by Kari_H »

I chose "Run for the Roses" by Dan Fogelberg. I just love horses, theyre such majestic and beautiful animals! 
Kari ----- "Women with whips, 82% more likely to get what they want."

Check out my site! http://countryroadphotography.zenfolio.com/
grama of 2
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 160

Post by grama of 2 »

I chose "Pooh Corner" for my music.  This little red boy is"Christopher Pooh Bear" aka: Chris or Pooh.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Wow - I'm still sniffling from the sample page & you guys are choosing awesome songs from my childhood, lol!  Music is a huge thing in my life so hopefully I can come up w/something to fit the pics I have printed right now.  Great challenge!
Image Image
Christi S.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1467

Post by Christi S. »

Hi all - Here's my layout.  My niece used to immediately stop crying whenever I sang "Happy Girl" by Martina McBride to her.  She'd look up at me and look so serious for a moment and then give me the biggest grin.  I am combining this with the color challenge.

Thanks for looking.
Christi S

~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

Verity_DD
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 5

Post by Verity_DD »

ImageHere is my layout on my hubby... The song i chose is A Thousand Years by Christina Perri Image
Last edited by Verity_DD on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

here is mine:  I discovered after some reflection that this song holds a lot of meaning for me 
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

I chose the title of the song "Daddy's Hands" for my title of my song. The chorus of the song really hit home!

"Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle 
But I´ve come to understand.
There was always love in Daddy´s hands."

- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Re: June Music Challenge Due July 7

Post by pawprints »

Due date changed to end of day July 7th.

Image Image Image

Return to “Contests & Challenges”