We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: July Technique Challenge
DianeH wrote:Image

I used tearing, stamping, faux stitching, and inking. Great challenge! I combined with the "Scraplift the Guest Designer" challenge!:-D
Look at you using a big circle and the torn paper, Diane! FUN photo and story to go along with it! Thanks for lifting me and taking my challenge! :)
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

natalie4 wrote:thank you for an awesome challenge i used
gesso
stamping
and tim holtz distress stain in stormy sky

I LOVE all your distressing and you used the perfect accents! Thanks a bunch for playing along with my challenge, Natalie! :)
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

sweetsour wrote:This is my son and his gf Kym last Halloween. The title is something one of their buddies put on facebook, that I thought was cool.
So I LOVE how it turned out, but OMG 4 hours from start to finish!!
lol OVERBOARD on the technique as you can see, there is distressing, misting, painting (probably can't tell but the upper left corner is crackled with TH distress crackle paint), stamping and embossing, masking, ripping, sanding, ripped cardboard... most of the gears and clock parts are real.
It's so heavy I had to mount it on chipboard LOL
I am probably going to give it to them for Christmas!
Combo' d with the Shape challenge so there are hexagons painted, stamped and masked and sprayed, and some of the little gears are brads, as well as the little brads holding the title.
I LOVE all your distressing and you used the perfect accents! Thanks a bunch for playing along with my challenge, Karrie! :)
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Retiree3 wrote:To distress my LO, I used misting, painting, tearing, sanding, and inking.
Love that decorative background paper and all the misting, Donna! The seashells are perfect and thanks for playing along! :)
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:Here is mine. I inked the edges of my paper, tore a few sides to reveal the underside of the background paper, misted the paper and my alphas, and sewed a few corners of the photos.

All the tearing is perfect to go along with the chewing and love your handstitches, Brandy! Thanks for taking my challenge! :)
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

robkaynel wrote:Lots of distressing on this one: 1) Used distressing tool around bg edges 2) ink splatters 3) inked all the edges 4) acrylic paint around the edges of the clear arrows & 5) tore the edges of some layers.

I still haven't figured out how to post my layout here but here it is in the gallery: http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/175480

Robin

I linked for you.

oohhh....I love all your distressing, Robin! The sequins and splatters sprinkling down through your page is just wonderful! Thanks for playing along! :)
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

CherryTat wrote:Here is my entry....

I distressed and inked edges of some of the papers, sanded the Core'dinations cardstock paper, the doilies are misted with Glimmer Mist and its also sprayed on the layout, the scrabble tiles are sanded/distressed and inked, and the small crown is a stamp, the hinge and clock are heat embossed

How pretty with all the distressing! I love your work with the doilies and glimmer mist, Darlene! Thanks for taking my challenge! :)
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Charleneanne wrote:this is old MME super heavy duty cardstock pp. Had to wet the front edge of the card to tear it. sanded the top and edges of the card with an emery board and then inked the edges. Stamped the greeting and then went over that with dimensional pearls. Gave the entire card a misting with smoke blue perfect pearls. Oh and I added a little washi tape inside to make the paper tearing show more. I like it. Very masculine I think.
Very cool with all the distressing! I love your torn edge with the striping! Thanks for playing along, Charleneanne! :)
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

mgehrke wrote:Here's Mine - I did misting, tearing and sewing.

Love your doily and great job with the distressing! Wonderful work with your misting and stitching, Mildred! Thanks for playing along! :)
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

ScrappyBug wrote:I combined with the sketch challenge.

I used ink, walnut stain, tearing and glimmer mist

I love all the tearing and your titlework, Melissa! Thanks so much for playing along! :)
Image Image ImageImage

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Here's mine!

I had SO much fun doing this page! I bought my first bottles of misting ink this weekend and decided to use them on this page. I think I'm hooked! I LOVE this! I love the distressed look. For this page, I used - misting, stamping (bubble wrap mailing envelope), inked edges, bent corners on some of the papers, on one spot there is a piece of paper that got ripped up (I tried to remove some washi tape and it happened on accident - on the left of the pic on the white/tan chevron...) and lastly, I used a pencil eraser on the blue cloud (cut out by hand BTW) and erased until it looked white. Oh my goodness, I'm in love with my new misting spray and with misting as a technique! The misting spray is "Tuxedo black" and I found it in a clearance bin in Branson on our trip this weekend. It has this charcoal gray look with shimmer in it. LOVE! I also used foam squares for some dimension on the cloud. The only thing I don't love about this page is the title, I couldn't think of anything else, but I loved that these alphas match the misting ink.
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

anazelia

Cherry Cola

here is mine. I inked, distressed, and stamped.

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

cajenkins81 wrote:Here's mine!

I had SO much fun doing this page! I bought my first bottles of misting ink this weekend and decided to use them on this page. I think I'm hooked! I LOVE this! I love the distressed look. For this page, I used - misting, stamping (bubble wrap mailing envelope), inked edges, bent corners on some of the papers, on one spot there is a piece of paper that got ripped up (I tried to remove some washi tape and it happened on accident - on the left of the pic on the white/tan chevron...) and lastly, I used a pencil eraser on the blue cloud (cut out by hand BTW) and erased until it looked white. Oh my goodness, I'm in love with my new misting spray and with misting as a technique! The misting spray is "Tuxedo black" and I found it in a clearance bin in Branson on our trip this weekend. It has this charcoal gray look with shimmer in it. LOVE! I also used foam squares for some dimension on the cloud. The only thing I don't love about this page is the title, I couldn't think of anything else, but I loved that these alphas match the misting ink.
I'm so glad you had fun playing with all the distressing, Carolyn! Such a precious photo and I love how you used all the washi tape! Thanks so much for playing along! :)
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

anazelia wrote:here is mine. I inked, distressed, and stamped.

Love the look of this with all the distressed edges and those banner strips! Thanks so much for playing along, Ana! :)
Image Image ImageImage

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I used inking, tearing, stamping, misting and faux stitching

ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

oceanbreezes423 wrote:I used inking, tearing, stamping, misting and faux stitching

Love your hexagon banner and all the distressing! Thanks for taking my challenge, Susan! :)
Image Image ImageImage

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

here's a digi page from me - I have stitching, the tag is inked, the paper is distressed w/ stamped dots, I have paint splatters on the photo and the butterfly tail is stamped.
ImageI also used this page for Brandy's SL the GDT challenge
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

scrappininAK wrote:here's a digi page from me - I have stitching, the tag is inked, the paper is distressed w/ stamped dots, I have paint splatters on the photo and the butterfly tail is stamped.
Wonderful design, Heather and love the little butterflies! Great job with all the distressing! Thanks for playing along! :)
Image Image ImageImage

pattim

Cherry Tart

Wow! Wonderful work ladies...I love all the techniques everyone's used on their pages!

This is my first time jumping in to join a challenge here. I couldn't resist when I saw your post Deanna since I LOVE distressing. :)

Here's mine.........Pumpkin Patch

-Stitching: a bit of machine stitching and some hand stitching too (French knots near the top left and cross stitches on the right side).
-"misting": it's actually watered down acrylic paint spray (instead of ink) that I mixed myself.
-Inking: on the paper pieced pumpkin accent.
-Stamping: I stamped the flourish and then doodled around the design a bit.
-Distressing Tool: I used a Making Memories tool that I got YEARS ago in a CKU event. I just love that thing and use it all the time. I distressed the edges of the newsprint pattern paper and the piece of date paper on the bottom left.

-----------------------
Eeek! My LO is huge...sorry about that! I linked to a photo I uploaded in photobucket. I tried to make it small, but I couldn't get it small and still clear. Any resizing suggestions welcome. :)

ETA...Thanks Deanna! I was able to figure out my image size problem. :)
p a t t i
my blog: {Crafting Life}

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

pattim wrote:Wow! Wonderful work ladies...I love all the techniques everyone's used on their pages!

This is my first time jumping in to join a challenge here. I couldn't resist when I saw your post Deanna since I LOVE distressing. :)

Here's mine.........Pumpkin Patch

-Stitching: a bit of machine stitching and some hand stitching too (French knots near the top left and cross stitches on the right side).
-"misting": it's actually watered down acrylic paint spray (instead of ink) that I mixed myself.
-Inking: on the paper pieced pumpkin accent.
-Stamping: I stamped the flourish and then doodled around the design a bit.
-Distressing Tool: I used a Making Memories tool that I got YEARS ago in a CKU event. I just love that thing and use it all the time. I distressed the edges of the newsprint pattern paper and the piece of date paper on the bottom left.

-----------------------
Eeek! My LO is huge...sorry about that! I linked to a photo I uploaded in photobucket. I tried to make it small, but I couldn't get it small and still clear. Any resizing suggestions welcome. :)
I love all your distressing, Patti! The misting is just the perfect touch and wonderful choice of accents! Thanks so much for playing! :) The sizing is o.k. anyway! I usually size mine 700-800 and if you add them to our gallery it generally seems to resize them when you link them here. Maybe if you're using a link from Photobucket it doesn't. I don't really know.
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee