help for a newbie

Moderator: ACOT Employee

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

help for a newbie

Post by average_kim »

I wanted to start entering some of the challenges here, but I can't figure out how to post a picture of my layout to a thread? I thought I saw a topic on this, but can't find it now. Help, please?
Kim

Image Image  
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Re: help for a newbie

Post by PezKat »

It differs a little by what browser you have (some let you just copy the Image and then paste it into your thread). First post your project in the Gallery. I use Firefox - I then right-click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location" You should have a 2nd window/tab open with the thread you want to post in - click on the Insert Image icon (in the middle, looks like a picture frame) and Paste, then hit Enter. That's it! Now if you want to *link* the post to your Gallery page (recommended - it makes it much easier for people reading the thread to leave you Gallery love!), go to your Gallery page and copy the address in the browser bar. Then in your post, click on the image in the thread so that it's highlighted, click the Link icon (the chain 2 left of Insert Image), past the address, and Enter. Done!
Image Image
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

PezKat wrote:It differs a little by what browser you have (some let you just copy the Image and then paste it into your thread). First post your project in the Gallery. I use Firefox - I then right-click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location" You should have a 2nd window/tab open with the thread you want to post in - click on the Insert Image icon (in the middle, looks like a picture frame) and Paste, then hit Enter. That's it! Now if you want to *link* the post to your Gallery page (recommended - it makes it much easier for people reading the thread to leave you Gallery love!), go to your Gallery page and copy the address in the browser bar. Then in your post, click on the image in the thread so that it's highlighted, click the Link icon (the chain 2 left of Insert Image), past the address, and Enter. Done!

OH, I didn't know how to link...cool!
Debbie

average_kim
Cherry Cropper

Post by average_kim »

Thank you! I'll give it a try!
Kim

Image Image  
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Btw, welcome! :)
Image Image
average_kim
Cherry Cropper

Post by average_kim »

PezKat wrote:Btw, welcome! :)
Thank you! I had been entering some online blog challenges and ran across a friend who entered challenges here, and I thought, "Of course I should be entering the challenges where most of the prizes are GC's for my fave online sb store!!"
Kim

Image Image  
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Welcome Kim, there are really great challenges every month! Glad you joined us!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

Welcome aboard! You are a great example why we love newbies here. You have already caused many of us here to learn something new! I learned how to "link." Thanks.
Bibi
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

debamas wrote:
PezKat wrote:It differs a little by what browser you have (some let you just copy the Image and then paste it into your thread). First post your project in the Gallery. I use Firefox - I then right-click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location" You should have a 2nd window/tab open with the thread you want to post in - click on the Insert Image icon (in the middle, looks like a picture frame) and Paste, then hit Enter. That's it! Now if you want to *link* the post to your Gallery page (recommended - it makes it much easier for people reading the thread to leave you Gallery love!), go to your Gallery page and copy the address in the browser bar. Then in your post, click on the image in the thread so that it's highlighted, click the Link icon (the chain 2 left of Insert Image), past the address, and Enter. Done!

OH, I didn't know how to link...cool!

Me either! I'll have to give it a try, too
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

Welcome Kim!!! Delighted your here!

I'm so glad you have helped others link their photos. I love it when they link them on the challenges I host, makes it a one click process to leave some love that way. The other is a two click process by clicking on your nick then click on gallery. And wink, when you have some of the ladies who do massive numbers of layouts a month then I have to find the layout. So yay!!! Everyone is learning how to link!
average_kim
Cherry Cropper

Post by average_kim »

So glad to be of service, lol! March turned out to be a busy month; I only entered the one challenge! But I'm hoping April will be better! I've started a layout for one, so far!

And, I have Google Chrome as a browser now, but I got it quite by accident; I'm like a kid on the internet sometimes--just clicking and hoping it turns out alright:greenconfused:!

And, I just noticed the little comment alert on the main homepage to know when someone replies and comments--learning something new every day! lol
Kim

Image Image  
SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

Hi Kim, WELOCME!!! It took me a while to learn how things work around here too. Once you get comfortable here you will LOVE IT.

Return to “Contests & Challenges”