Post by Miss Daisy-NC »

Count me in.....sorry for your lost..((((HUGS)))))  I lost a son 10 years ago
Charlotte
scrap-o-holic
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 21

Re: Scrap It Forward with Great Prize Package

Post by scrap-o-holic »

I'm SO in!  What a great honor for all of us on the MB to have the opporunity to help you and your family in this way.  Nicole, your son is blessing you in many, many ways.  I pray that you will not stop sharing your son and the rest of your family with us.  Hugs, Becky
Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour might actually turn out to be a retard in tin foil!
Trentonleemom
Cherry Tart

Post by Trentonleemom »

Thank you all so much!  This is giving me something to look forward to and be excited about, and for that you will never know how much of a gift that it.  Can't wait to see the beautiful LO's I have looked at all of your pages, and LO's and they are all spectacular.  I couldn't ask for a better group of ladies to help me with this project for my son's memory.  Me and my children will have this to cherish forever.
Cherry Blossom

Post by »

Just wanted to provide an update:

There are some beautiful layouts rolling in already.  I think we are in the range of 20+ layouts and a pre made book.  You gals ROCK!

I've noticed that shipping of 12x12 layouts seems to be pretty high.  I will be going over to my local post office, if I don't make it today, on Tuesday to see if they can give me some tips on sending for less shipping.  I'm thinking if you place in with cardboard/chip board and wrap in craft/plain paper that it might be less expensive to ship than sending in the po boxes.  I will also send you a confirmation when your layouts are received in case you want to send without delivery confirmation.

An update to the prize listing will be coming this week.  Waiting for a couple items to show up and then I will post update.

Again, I want to thank everyone for their participation.  It is truly appreciated.

"Scrap It Forward..."  Schree
Trentonleemom
Cherry Tart

Post by Trentonleemom »

This is unbelievable, I had no idea so many wonderful people would get involved in this.  I will never be able to thank you all enough. 
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

ScrapNSister1 wrote: Just wanted to provide an update:

There are some beautiful layouts rolling in already.  I think we are in the range of 20+ layouts and a pre made book.  You gals ROCK!

I've noticed that shipping of 12x12 layouts seems to be pretty high.  I will be going over to my local post office, if I don't make it today, on Tuesday to see if they can give me some tips on sending for less shipping.  I'm thinking if you place in with cardboard/chip board and wrap in craft/plain paper that it might be less expensive to ship than sending in the po boxes.  I will also send you a confirmation when your layouts are received in case you want to send without delivery confirmation.

An update to the prize listing will be coming this week.  Waiting for a couple items to show up and then I will post update.

Again, I want to thank everyone for their participation.  It is truly appreciated.

"Scrap It Forward..."  Schree
I was talking to a postal worker. Told him I needed to mail out 12x12 papers. He said to send it first class mail. should only be $1 - $2 for mailing out. Time will tell! I still need to mail mine out. I thought I had till the 5th! But it's till the 15th :)

Christine
jaziscrapper
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 152

Post by jaziscrapper »

I would love to do this as well to help in the healing process not for the contest.

Is there any type of list for the lo's being created so there aren't too many in each category?
Cherry Blossom

Post by »

Great, this has been awesome.  Layouts that we don't have many of yet are summer related, water sports, skate boarding and anything cruise related would be fabulous too.  Thanks for participating.
kcatt79
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by kcatt79 »

You have scouts listed as a theme, what rank was he in scouts?
KN

wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/
Cherry Blossom

Post by »

Hi there.  Just wanted to let you know that I sent your question to Nicole.  Should have an answer for you soon.  Thank you so much for participating.
Cherry Blossom

Post by »

For those that have not noticed because of reading the most current entries in the thread, the initial post has been updated with more fabulous items in the prize package and some shipping tips.  Thanks everyone for participating, you all ROCK!  ;)
kimberly9
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by kimberly9 »

Hi,
This is my first post since I am new to this site and kinda new to scrapbooking but I would like to do a layout to help out. I have a13 year old son and I can't imagine what my life would be like without him, so anything I can do to help would be a pleasure.
Cherry Blossom

Post by »

Hello Kimberly, that is great.  I sent you a private message.
Trentonleemom
Cherry Tart

Post by Trentonleemom »

my ex husband is not being the nicest person right now.  He was going to get me pictures from Trenton's scouting as he did the scouting with his dad.  So I am not sure if I will be getting nay pictures from him for scouts.  I am also not sure as to his rank.  He was going into the 8th grade in school if that helps at all.  I have 2 boys in cub scouts and it goes by grade.  Again thank you all for the support in this I am in awe of all of you.  I have alot of summer, skateboarding, holidays, and cruises with Trenton, and family pictures with Trenton.  Also several soccer pictures.  Thank you all again
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

I will also be doing this and participating...I am in Oak Harbor WA, so I hope to be able to get my LO's in the mail and them get to you fast....but most of my stuff on the site here is digital, I am a traditional scrapper as well....so I will be putting something together and sending it your way...what a LOVELY thing to do!!!  and I am so sorry for your loss~
Image~Angie~
nun69
Cherry Jubilee

Post by nun69 »

can you let me know roughly about your Disney vacation? do you have lots and lots of pictures like I do? I am open to do many different LO's but I just finished my Disney album and have some good ideas...so just trying to get an idea....
Image~Angie~
Trentonleemom
Cherry Tart

Post by Trentonleemom »

I think I have about 1o really good pictures of our Disney vacation.  As I didn't have a digital camera 7 years ago alot of the pictures "disapeared" with Trenton as he had to show his friends.  As you can imagine he was not super careful with them at the age of 6.  I hope this helps.
nun69
Cherry Jubilee

Post by nun69 »

ok...I'll make up one Disney LO and then I'll make something else...what do you have the most pictures of?
Image~Angie~
Trentonleemom
Cherry Tart

Post by Trentonleemom »

Most pictures I have are from summer/lake and family.  He was also in a triathlon last summer where he finished 3rd out of 51 kids his age I have several pictures from that. 
Trentonleemom
Cherry Tart

Post by Trentonleemom »

I am getting sooooo excited I can not wait!!  Only a few more days.  Thank you to all the ladies that have taken part in this you have given me something to look forward to, and right now that means so much. 

Return to “Contests & Challenges”