Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

evolution
I know we've tossed this one around before.  I watched a PBS program the other day about 'hand walkers"....this group of people who are genetically programmed to walk like apes.  I've never heard of such a thing!  Anyway, the guy said it really draws the link between apes as our ancestors.  What are your thoughts on this?  Are we related to apes?  What about the cave men and such?  Where do those fit into history?
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"

amtmhj

Cherry Cola

evolution
To me, evolution is indisputable. It's science, not faith...and me being me, believes in science.Jr

Flasher

Cherry Crush

evolution
I agree 100% with Jr.  She sums it up best for me as well.  Indisputable.

FurBaby_Mom

Wild Cherry

evolution
{resisting posting a picture of Curious George....}I agree.  We were at the museum the other day and they have the skeletons of "man" over the years (many years).  It's really amazing.  Eli even asked if people used to be monkeys!

Wendy-Gale

Bowl Full of Cherries

evolution
God made me
Image 39 layouts in 2008 Image

ScrapEgypt

Cherry Bomb

evolution
The geologist in me can only vote one way - evolution.  No doubts.
Cielle

ImageImage Image

Pegster

Sweet Cherry Pie

evolution
without a doubt it is evolution for me too!
Peggy

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

evolution
I agree with Jr. We are still evolving for that matter however, I think the human race will not survive to see any difference from our current form.

ScrapEgypt

Cherry Bomb

evolution
Anyone looking for the connection between apes and humans.......just come to my house!   My teenage boys are definitely the "missing links!"
Cielle

ImageImage Image

LKappy

Cherry Garcia

evolution
If you believe in evolution, does this mean you do not believe in Adam and Eve?   

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

evolution
If you believe in evolution, does this mean you do not believe in Adam and Eve?I have heard that some people believe that evolution is part of god's plan. So, I guess they believe in both? 

Flasher

Cherry Crush

evolution
LOL, Cielle!

ScrapEgypt

Cherry Bomb

evolution
Okay - I'll jump in here. I am not a religious person.  Spiritual, perhaps, but not religious.  I appreciate the role that religion has played in our history, and how it has influenced art, science, literature, architecture, etc .  But while I believe that some things written in the Bible are based on actual events, I do not take the Bible as "fact."   So, while I am open to the idea of Adam & Eve existing - I  guess I really don't believe in them being the first "humans."  (throw sticks softly, please!)
Cielle

ImageImage Image

Flasher

Cherry Crush

evolution
Very well said, Cielle.  I couldn't have said it any better.  

PopPop

Cherry Blossom

evolution
God created Adam and Eve.  We are their decendents.  Could God brought other "people" to life before Adam and Eve?  Yes, quite possible.  They were not present in the Garden of Eden, but they could have been.  Actually the human is evolving inself every day.
Jeanne

PopPopto her 2 DGS who both are autistic. The oldest one named me PopPop when he was 2 and it just stuck!

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

evolution
I believe in both evolution and that God created man. I think He created man to evolve- just as we still are.

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

evolution
I believe in both. 

There is nothing to say that the people God created looked differently than we do now.  

WE're still evolving.   Poeple now are bigger (not just heavier, but taller too) than peole of a couple hundred years ago. 

I still want to know why, when he painted Adam and Eve in the Cistine Chapel, that Michaelangelo gave them belly buttons..............

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

evolution
I still want to know why, when he painted Adam and Eve in the Cistine Chapel, that Michaelangelo gave them belly buttons..............hhhmmmm, good point! I just may "borrow" that one day.

mykidsmom

Cherry Jubilee

evolution
God created man in his image.  I'm thinking that He does not look like an ape...

Kathy

Cherry Cropper

evolution
I'm a creationist.  I fully believe the Biblical accounts...all of them.That's not to say that man/animals/all life on earth hasn't adapted in someway to the changes that the introduction of sin has caused.  But evolution?  That humans ascended from lower orders?  No.

Return to “General Debate”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee