Please Please more prayers

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sweetjanette
Cherry Berry

Post by sweetjanette »

In March I decided to help my Niece, by requesting temporary gardianship of her daughter.  Her daughter was taken away from her from CPS because of her father's alligations. My niece's father is an aweful man who is obsesssed with her daugher and no one sees that.I ended up gaining custody in April and I thought that I could buy my niece some time to clean this up, but she really doen't care about her daugher who just turned 5. Now I have to decide to Adopt her daughter and never let her see or talk to her parents again, which is the stipulation. Need some strength and prayer.  Janette
torysmom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 17

Post by torysmom »

WOW, you must ahve strength to do what you have already done...sounds like you have basically saved a little girls life.i hope God gives you the strength to keep doing whats right.
stangGirl
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 13

Post by stangGirl »

Praying God's strength and guidance over you! 
Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 223

Post by Emsdancemom »

Prayers for you and for her.
jsilva
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 85

Post by jsilva »

Janette you have a  very big heart and i have seen your neice grow since you have had her. I know this has put a great strain on your family but i truly believe got works in many ways.  I see an angel here that maybe no one else in your family sees.  she is a blessing and yes i think you have saved her. But i must say you must follow your heart my dear friend.
sweetjanette
Cherry Berry

Post by sweetjanette »

Thank you to all. 
sweetjanette
Cherry Berry

Post by sweetjanette »

Update!!  I just found out that my niece will be loosing her rights to her daughter and looses all services for her and her daughter will be put up for adoption.Since she is currently homeless she may not find out until the day, because she hasn't wanted to call her worker to find out what she wants.I was told that I was the first choice and 99% chance to get her.  Life altering decision. Oh my goodness, pray for me.
CarolinaGrl
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 21

Post by CarolinaGrl »

I pray that God touches those that have any say in this matter that they can see your love and commitment for this little girl..... and that you get to adopt her/ have permanent custody of her.I pray for your strength.  
scrapaholic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 5

Post by scrapaholic »

praying you are able to adopt her, she needs a loving home with all she has been through.
Have a coke and a smile!Image
Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top

Post by Emsdancemom »

Praying the your little girl is given to the home that she so badly needs. And strength for you in all that you will have to deal with.
sweetjanette
Cherry Berry

Post by sweetjanette »

Now things keep getting harder and harder and more demanding and demanding and frustrating and frustrating.I am at wills against my sister.  She wants custody, but she will never get it, because she was in the home where the child was removed and since I have the child I have first priority.  She wants her daughter to appeal just for the heck of it, but then that prolongs the adoption decisions for this little girl.  She has to force her or bribe her daughter to do things for her own daughter, which I feel is wrong.  She must finally find her own way.  No matter what has happened wrong or right -  it has happened and a little girl's future is at stake.I would like temporary guardianship, but it will have the stipulations we have now, which are too hard to do.Grandpa is obsessed with the granddaughter (that I have)  that he is trying to cause trouble in our trouble free family unit.My DH is frustrated and wants family support for this child, other than what we already get, but no one is able.  Either by $$ or time. Due to court orders also.Should we just take ourselves out of it and let this little girl go back into the system?  Should we continue to disrupt, face the unknown,  and change our family life for her? Need more prayers until D- day August  6th.   
torysmom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 17

Post by torysmom »

you are the shinning light in this little girls life....if you really want to adopt her then you have to put up the big fight and stand up for her.  Do you think going back to her mother/grandmother will really be the best for her.  If she goes back into the system she may not have a family placement, she will feel as if her family doesn't want her.  at least if you have her 5 years from now if everyone has their lives back together maybe she can at least see her mother.  This little girls life has to be first priority and trying to get her some stability is important.  You are in a very difficult situation, my prayers go out to you that you are able to make the best deicisions for her.
Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top

Post by Emsdancemom »

If it were me I would continue to fight for that little girl. But you need to remember that because this is a family member unless you totally cut them off you will be going through this kind of garbage for years and years. It will be a tough choice. You will continue to be in my prayers.
Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top

Post by Emsdancemom »

Do you have any news?
sweetjanette
Cherry Berry

Post by sweetjanette »

More news!!!We have to wait until Feb 2008, for the final outcome.  So far, my niece has stilll not complied with the reunification process and so this might just be the last go round we have to do.This special little girl just got her first school pictures, this special little girl just won an award for being the best citizen in school. Mom's missing out.  But my sister can now be a bigger part of her life and that's a plus.Thanks for the wishful thoughts and prayers as we still need them.
ArmyWife95
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 160

Post by ArmyWife95 »

Praying for a happy ending!  Children never decide who their parents are going to be and it sounds like she definitely needs to be with someone whom will treat her with love and caring.  Good Luck and you will be in my prayers.
Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top

Post by Emsdancemom »

I will continue to pray for you and that little darling. Sounds like she is doing well in school and that will be a huge plus for you.I am glad that she is also getting to spend time with her Grandma.
sweetjanette
Cherry Berry

Post by sweetjanette »

MORE UPDATES!  It is coming down to the wire in FEB 2008.  She may soon become up for adoption.Mother is not complying still. 
Emsdancemom
A Cherry on Top

Post by Emsdancemom »

I hope it works out for you!!!! You and your little niece will continue to be in my prayers.
shamish
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by shamish »

Wow.... I just read all of this!  You are in my prayers.... You are an amazing person.  This girl is lucky to have you!!!
{shannon}
Life is not made by the dreams that you dream but by the choices that we make.

Return to “Prayer Talk”