Shooter kills 8 at Nebraska mall..

Moderator: ACOT Employee

MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

How sad.... President Bush just left the state an hour before this happened....http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071205/ap_ ... l_shooting
Midge
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 213

Post by Midge »

Wow...sad is right.
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top

Post by MOM2SNOX »

I shuddered when I read the part about the 29 y/o man with his 4 y/o daughter shopping for Christmas... too close to home with my own almost 4 y/o.  I can only imagine what he was thinking at that moment.
LKappy
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 106

Post by LKappy »

If people feel the need to kill themselves, I think that is so sad...but WHY take others down with you???? Innocent people....Can't go anywhere anymore and feel safe... 
~*Lisa*~

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1505

Post by Charleneanne »

this is such a trajedy   senseless
scrapaholic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 5

Post by scrapaholic »

how terrible those poor families and right at the holidays.
Have a coke and a smile!Image
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

What a senseless tragedy for so many.
ImageImage
TheFiberLady
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 266

Post by TheFiberLady »

that is so sad! especially at the holidays
tscrappin
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by tscrappin »

I live 50 miles away from there-it has been on the news here every hour with updates.  Such a tragedy.Actually a total of 10 people were killed-that includes the shooter.  I guess they have a sucide note that the shooter wrote.  Hard to believe that he was only 19 years old.
Theresa
Love To Scrap!!
Pegster
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 263

Post by Pegster »

I do live here..in Council BLuffs which is connected to Omaha ..I work at Creighton University Medical Center and we were the trauma center today and many of the victims were brought and it was just horrible. The news is non stop and them my dd calls me in the middle of all this and says..I just finished class (she goes to Creighton U) and she was heading to the Westroads... and was just at the mall when she heard all the sirens.  Wow..last night she told me that she hoped class got out early cuz she wanted to go the mall and I had forgot all about that in all the craziness...thank goodness class didn't get out early, although she woudln't have been going to Von Maur if she had went..but neverless it is all very frightening.My son who is 21 and has aspergers (autism) was a wreak by the time  I got home..too much on the TV and took a long time to calm him down.  I feel so overwhelmed and sad now and I think it because you never think it is going to happen where you are...but it does.
Peggy
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top

Post by MOM2SNOX »

((((((Peggy))))))  I'm so glad your daughter wasn't in the area.  And give your son a GREAT BIG hug!! I'm sure it'll do you BOTH a world of good after today's events...
Pegster
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 263

Post by Pegster »

((((((Peggy))))))  I'm so glad your daughter wasn't in the area.  And give your son a GREAT BIG hug!! I'm sure it'll do you BOTH a world of good after today's eventsTHank you so much big big hugs were definately needed last night. so now off to work I go and will hear more and more about this of course there.  It really does wear on a person emotionally. Nothing else at all was on TV last night and I just kept hearing it over and over...so I turned the tv off..just too much..
Peggy

Return to “General Talk”