Chiropractor anyone?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Anyone else visit one?  This morning was my very FIRST visit which included free consultation with x-rays.  Going back this afternoon to go over the films with the doctor and decide whether I need further treatment with them.  Not sure how it all works but if it means going "drug free", I'm ALL for it!Anyone wanna share their experiences, thoughts or views? In the past (15-20 yrs ago), I was sceptical of the practice but through research, personal testimonies and continued interest, I've seen the benefits and successes of their work.
moodyonceamth
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 653

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by moodyonceamth »

You know, I always thought chiropractic was kind of hoodoo, and that they'd just keep you coming back to keep charging you more money.   But last year I fell at work and hurt my back and neck really bad.  There was a chiropractor on our Workers Comp list so I decided what the heck.  He was so nice!  I went a total of like 6 times and felt fine!   I would really recommend it.
Vicky
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 96

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by Vicky »

I went to the one near here that Alec suggested and he made such a difference for me.  I have carpal tunnel problems and problems with me knees.  They don't bother me much anymore.  And if it starts to I go in for a tune up and am good to go again.  I haven't been back to him in quite a while. Also, I used to get migranes, since I went to him and told him, it has been 5 years since I've had one.  
Vicky
Get crackin at that scrappin!
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by Laura Fiore »

I really like how the chiropractor makes me feel, but I can't afford to go as often as they seem to think I need to. I have a $2500 deductible on chiropractic, so I limit my visits to when I can't stand it anymore!
Cherry Jubilee

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by »

I go to the chiropractor regularly for various issues.  Most recently, that's the type of doctor I've been seeing for my tennis elbow problem.  It's taken 3 months of therapy, but it's a heck of a lot better now.  No drugs, and no surgery.  So, I'm all in favor of chiropractors.
queenie_swb
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 149

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by queenie_swb »

I've been going to a chiropractor regulary (sometimes semi-regularly when the back's behaving) for over 25 years.  Injured my back/side when I was 9, and then a number of years the chiropractor found my legs aren't the same length and my hips aren't the same height.  So, for me, regular back adjustments keep me happy.  It's been a good experience for me.
~Sara~
LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH and LEARN!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2366

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by Art_Teacher »

My chiropractor has kept me from having to have surgery for a herniated disc or more steroid epidural shots....I spent two very bad episodes where I could barely move, so if I have to visit him once a month to keep aligned and pain-free...you bet I will!  Luckily, my insurance pays and he takes what they pay, so I don't end up owing him tons of money.
Janet
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 515

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by Janet »

I go to the chiropractor....I needed one this fall and it has been a very good experience.  I get a therapeutic massage and then he 'cracks' me and gives me suggestions...and I feel good. I went to another one about 12 years ago for a long while because I hurt my back really, really bad.  I liked her as well.  As a matter of fact, I tried to get into to her this fall, but she couldn't get me that day and this guy did. 
Leeanna
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 128

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by Leeanna »

I have never had a need to go, but I would go if something ever came up, I've heard great things from friends.
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Amy ~ That's the general consensus that I've been hearing from others.  I've recently noticed tingling in my fingers and toes and a numbness in my lower back... we got free 15 minute massages yesterday (a holiday gift from Corporate) and the gal who gave me my massage and heard my symptoms handed me the referral for a free exam/x-rays.  Told me it would be in my BEST interest to "just check them out".  So... that's where I'm at for the moment.  Really looking forward to what they can do. 
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Thanks for all the feedback gals!!
sweetpeas_mom
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 271

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by sweetpeas_mom »

I love ours! You do have to watch the ones who are just in it for the money. I have heard of one "large" company here who makes you keep coming back time after time. Our Dr. is awesome. We can call him at anytime and he'll open up the office for us. I went to him last spring when I had the bad whiplash from my snowmobile accident, and I go every 6-8 months just to get realigned. I went to him through my pregnancies too when I was having sciatica problems and lower back. I have a problem where my head doesn't exactly sit right on my neck (no comments from the peanut gallery!!!) and he will whip it around which is so cool and when I sit up, I can actually breathe better! I also have one leg shorter than the other and I get callouses on my feet, but after I go to him, and get realigned, the callouses go away because I'm walking "right" again.
~Marcy~

New Consultant with AC Bailey Designs!

http://www.mypersonalpage.shoppingcarts ... arcyM.html
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Wow! Great experiences!  I have a sciatic nerve problem too (since I was 16) so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for that.  Currently, I can only sit for about two hours before I have to get up, stretch or change positions. If this works out and I see positive results, I'd like to visit as many times as I need to... and hopefully the insurance will cover it!
scrappinchic
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by scrappinchic »

I had good results for about 2 years and was totally off any meds.  Unfortunately, my doc moved his office and I can't afford anyone else.Laura
Gypsymonkey
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 441

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by Gypsymonkey »

My dr. and physical therapist referred me to a chiropractor.  I finally went.  The day after that when I went to pick up my dd (who was 4 at the time) to put her down for a nap, I had to tell her to jump down out of my arms before I dropped her.  Instant back spasms where I couldn't lift my foot an inch off the floor without being in excruciating pain.  When my dh got home, he took me back to the chiro. who whent he saw how much pain I was in, called my dr. right away.  I think I scared him (hehehe).  Anyway, I haven't been back since.I've had both friends and family members however, who have had wonderful experiences.
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by Queen Mum »

I never believed in them until my late husband went to one.   THe first few visits he went by ambulance.    HE couldn't walk.   The doctors at the VA said he'd walk with crutches for the rest of his life.   They wanted to put  him on permanent disability.

He got better and went to work as a mail handler at teh post office. 
(His death, many years later, had nothing to do with that disability)I also see one pretty regularly.   I have a curve in my back and arthritis in my back and sometimes just sitting in a booth at a restaurant will leave me in agony.   (I no longer sit in booths)  Oh what a difference a good chiropractor makes.
Irocz7
Cherry Jubilee

Chiropractor anyone?

Post by Irocz7 »

I LOVED going to a chiro, it was heavenly.  My X rays showed that my spine was curved and it was making my right hip higher.  I even walked funny.  After going a few months my spine was straight and I felt lighter.  I also went to him for my migraines.  I would come to his office on the second day of a 3 day migraine and he would adjust me and use acupressure.   Then I would walk out with no migraine!!  I still use his acupressure on myself when I have a migraine.

Return to “General Talk”