Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Brandon Singer

Site Admin

New Message Board
So, there is a new message board in the works. It will be much nicer that this current board with many more features (no more frames). I'm not sure when I'll have it done by, but I hope it will be soon.So everyone, what features could you not live without? Which features don't you care for? What would be the worse thing for the new message board? What would be the best? What would you think if the new message board didn't have any of the old posts or post counts?
-Echo

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

New Message Board
Ummmmmmmmmm- are there problems with this one? 

How would it be nicer?

girlsmommy

Cherry Bomb

New Message Board
I like it the way it is.   I HATE change!
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.

corriekate

Cherry Bomb

New Message Board
More Smilies...Oh and automatically put the newest replies first?

Keling

Cherry Jubilee

New Message Board
Our post counts are signs of pride for most of us - I wouldn't want to give those up!!!

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

New Message Board
No old posts?????????????????????  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  I have a ton saved for future reference. More smilies would be nice.  I will tell you, I can't stand the way 2peas looks so please don't do something similiar.... 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

asset

Wild Cherry

New Message Board
I must say- I like this message board better than others I've been to (not just scrappy)- the topics on the left w/ open threads on the right. I think it's slick.... No old posts? Potential for mass chaos maybe?   As long as we still have our smilies.

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

New Message Board
Couple of quick questions...are we going to lose our post counts.... or our pm's?I am excited to see what it is going to be like!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
SUS ImageImageImage

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

New Message Board
oh gawd...I just read your whole reply...yeah that is what I get for skimming personally I am with Keling. The post count is a matter of pride to most of us and I would hate to lose it or my pms. 
SUS ImageImageImage

Vicky

Cherry Jubilee

New Message Board
I like the choice of All Topics - then I just go through and read the ones I want. If old posts are lost,  if we happen to have them 'Saved' will those remain?   I could see a lot being lost if everything is just gone. ETA:  This is my favorite layout of all the boards I've been on.

sweetpeas_mom

Chocolate Covered Cherry

New Message Board
I wouldn't like NOT being able to have the old posts. Would it effect the gallery?
~Marcy~

New Consultant with AC Bailey Designs!

http://www.mypersonalpage.shoppingcarts ... arcyM.html

-LATE-

Cherry Delight

New Message Board
You can't get rid of the post count!!  Silly boys!
Michelle

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

New Message Board
This is my favorite board layout too -love the threads on the right with the list on the left.I've worked hard on my post count!!!!  and have lots of saved topics that I would hate to loose!Jenna

lizziej

Bowl Full of Cherries

New Message Board
What would be the worst was to have a new message board - period!!!  What's wrong with this one?  I don't know what's wrong with the frames - I've never had a problem with them. The layout of this MB is wonderful - it is SO easy to keep up with new threads and posts, for one.  I think this layout is what sets it apart from all the others out there. WHY THE CHANGE????

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

New Message Board
I pretty much agree with everyone! I don't like the set up of pretty much any other MB. But htis one is simple, easy to navigate. I hate the ones that have the whole boxes everywhere to click on a topic. This one gives you a clean list and is so much easier to look at. So I'm hoping that that format doesn't change!I like seeing how many posts I have and what anyone else has! So please don't lose that! As well, I save topics for a reason. Like agood joke, I want to go back and be able to look at it again later. That's why I save it.So hopefully we won't lose the old posts either.I do like the idea of newest post at teh top. Kinda a pain in the butt to have to go to the bottom or next pages to see the next comment.When I'm looking at the list of threads, I'm thinking that I don't need to know how many people have viewed it. I never look at that, but I do like to see the number of replies. Helps when it's your own thread so you know if there's a new reply to look at. 

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

New Message Board
Don't change a thing!!! This is my FAVORITE layout of ANY board! I like the topics on the side while you cans croll down the messages!  You can't see that on other boards!! Worse thing for the new message board.... the new message board!

bayouscrap

Sweet Cherry Pie

New Message Board
I agree with everyone else I love the frames! I love being able to see the posts on the left and the messages on the right. I really hate going back and forth to see threads. I'm not a person who is afraid of change by any means but I love the ways that this message board is different from others. I do not like the formats of the other message boards. I would hate to lose the post counts and the old posts too.On the not of things I would like, I would love a spell check and different fonts and maybe being able to add a different signature, not a large one but a blinkie like this.   
Michelle
Born to Crop not to Mop!

ImageImage

bayouscrap

Sweet Cherry Pie

New Message Board
One more thing as far as the newest message coming to the top. I can see some like that I do not I get confused I have to go all the way down to the bottom as see it as they came in so I know what is going on. Plus if the newest on is on top then to see the oroginal message you have to go all the way down to see it. A good compromise would be giving us the option for us to chose whether we want that or not. That way if someone want it they can chose it and if they don't want it they can keep it the way it is. It's good if you've already replied to a message but if you haven't then it's not.Something I've seen on other boards is it keep the order of how it's posted but it remembers where you left off and takes you back to that spot. Now that would be nice. 
Michelle
Born to Crop not to Mop!

ImageImage

Brandon Singer

Site Admin

New Message Board
You wont loose your post count, I just asked that for the fun of it (I actuly already have that part working on the new board)I'll make sure that it has most/all of the old posts that are on this board.The smilies, unlike this current message board, I can easly add new ones. So I'll make sure that there are more."Oh and automatically put the newest replies first?" - Thats an option in the new message board.The gallery will not be effected at all with this change.This message board will still be here to be able to look at for a while after the new message board. Though you won't be able to post to it. That way you will be able to see all your saves, PM's and such. But I will try to get those converted to the new message board so this old message board isn't needed at all.A small sample of new things for the new message board: You will be able to save drafts of your posts. You will be able to put more than just text in your signatures (Blinkies included) Many, many new PM options And many more.
-Echo

JenniferP

Sweet Cherry Pie

New Message Board
I like my old, saved posts.  Please don't get rid of them.  Also, the post count needs to stay.  And I like the navigation with the list on the left and the post on the right.I would like something that would let me have a dark background again though.  And maybe a signature that automatically comes up and doesn't require me clicking a box all the time.
~Jen

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee