Pretty much accused of being a bad mom...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Midge
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 213

Post by Midge »

So, I've kind of mentioned it here in the baby forum and on MySpace but Jax has had the stomach flu since last Monday. He is a VERY vocal baby...not just crying but I swear he's part Wookie. Well, today, my upstairs neighbor (single, young girl) comes down and tells me that he cries too much and that I need to do something about it.I asked her, frankly, what did she expect? He's a baby...I'm not going to beat him, shake him or muffle him. He's sick and has been for a week and half.She says he's been crying for a month. (To myself, I say he's been noisy since my c-section but I refrained).Jaxon has been uncomfortable with teething (he's working on three at the same time), and being sick and going from violent diarrhea to constipation...he's not exactly comfortable and then on top of that he's learning to walk and he cries out in frustration when he falls or hurts himself...BUT...he's a really happy baby, and for the most part, unless it is REALLY bad he just grunts and stuff.So, she's like "It's making me want to move". And I said, "Go for it". She said, but "I'll break my lease" and I said "Not my problem". I told her "I was doing my best, all but standing on my head to make him as comfortable as possible and what does she want me to do?" She was in the process of answering...Then a light bulb hit, I realized that I didn't have to listen to it. I may live in an apartment and I might share a floor/ceiling with her but I don't have to be bashed at my door. So, I told her to take it up with the office and shut the door in her face.If you've made it this far, thank you. It made me feel really crappy this morning...and then realized that her anger was hers and I didn't have to be upset, too.
torysmom
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 17

Post by torysmom »

Don't listen to her!!!  you are not a bad mom!
evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 555

Post by evilqueen »

Don't pay any attention to her.  She was probably has PMS. 
-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

What a witch! I like the way you handled it though. Good for you!
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

Geez the nerve of some people....................well someday she may be a mom & understand. But. don't let her make you feel like a bad mom even for a second.
ImageImage
Keling
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1509

Post by Keling »

Just wait until SHE has kids!!!
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

((((((((Midge)))))) You have no obligation to explain yourself to her (or anyone else)! Hang in there! And vent away!
TinaH
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by TinaH »

Good for you! Sorry your little guy has not been feeling well.
Midge
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 213

Post by Midge »

Thanks, gals.
deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

I probably would have hit her!  Good job shutting the door.Jenna
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

I see it from both sides. When I was single I worked long hours, and it bothered me that people around me partied ALL the time.  Think of it this way....if you were trying to get him to sleep and she was up with a wild party...how would you feel?NOW, that being said, I am totally on your side when he is sick.  I think it is a communication thing.  Just talk.  If she wants to leave....let her.(((hugs))) 
Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Post by Kara »

I think you deserve an award for being so good. You are so not a bad mom!!!
Image \ ImageImage
Irocz7
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 149

Post by Irocz7 »

What a wenchy poo, she must not have kids. 
TheFiberLady
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 266

Post by TheFiberLady »

get her a pair of 10 cent ear plugs and nicely wrap them and give them to her and tell her you are sorry for all the loud crying and hopefully this gift will make her feel better, then laugh and walk away,... wait take a pic and scrap it for his baby album lol
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

I'm sorry that your baby is sick, and I'm not saying that girl has the right to come to your door, but from the perspective of someone who doesn't have children, I can tell you that my tolerance for a crying baby is lower than that of the baby's mother or any mother for that matter.  So if she doesn't have children, I wouldn't take it personally.  She may not have had much exposure to children, and probably doesn't know that baby's cry when they are sick which can last for such a long time.  I think you have to give her the benefit of the doubt, she doesn't have children so she didn't expect to have to deal with them and the noise they make.  That's what sucks about living in an apartment. 
Leeanna
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 128

Post by Leeanna »

Ditto Koala's comment.
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

I know how you feel and you are not a bad mom....I had a neighbor that lived below me that complained to the housing office {lived in gov't housing} that my DD {when she was 2} was too loud running up and down the hall..HELLO...she's 2 and that was all I had to say about that...at the time DH and I werre seperated and I was going to lab school so the least of my worries was Sam running up and down the hall....so don't sweat it, if she doesn't like, then she can move!
Image~Angie~
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

Midge great big (((Hugs))). It's hard enough to comfort  a sick baby without someone else sticking their two cents in. Good for you for realizing that the problem was on HER end!! 
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

Loved how you dealt with it!  Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
davsar
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 631

Post by davsar »

Hope your little guy starts to feel better!!

Return to “General Talk”