Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Fall is so lovely!
My absolute favorite season is here, and it will be around for way too short a time.  :)  We had lows in the high 30's this week, with highs in the 60's and 70's.  Back to lows in the high 40's and temps in the high 70's next week, but the leaves are changing, the air is crisp, and it just fills my soul!
3 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

CraftyDoer

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Fall is so lovely!
I love to hear that! We are finally and officially out of the hundreds this week! It's windy too and it makes for a perfect day to scrapbook!

Happy Fall!
1 user liked this post:
Doing all the crafty things.

Image ImageImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

JessM wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:19 pm
I love to hear that! We are finally and officially out of the hundreds this week! It's windy too and it makes for a perfect day to scrapbook!

Happy Fall!

Jess!  I didn't recognize your new screen name. ;)  I would die if it was 100 degrees in October. lol
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

CraftyDoer

Sweet Cherry Pie

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:21 pm
JessM wrote:

Happy Fall!

Jess!  I didn't recognize your new screen name. ;)  I would die if it was 100 degrees in October. lol 
Oh no! Should I change it back? I was trying to be cool like all of you and have a cool screen name and not just my actual name LOL

Oh, my DH absolutely HATES it here lol I'm a native so I'm used to it lol We have tons of activities lined up for the "cooler weather". First up is outdoor movie night!

1 user liked this post:
Doing all the crafty things.

Image ImageImageImage

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

Just got back from Houston. Almost DIED coming out of the plane. 99 degrees in October? Good grief!!!!
2 users liked this post:
Image  ImageImageImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:09 pm
My absolute favorite season is here, and it will be around for way too short a time.  :)  We had lows in the high 30's this week, with highs in the 60's and 70's.  Back to lows in the high 40's and temps in the high 70's next week, but the leaves are changing, the air is crisp, and it just fills my soul!
My favorite time of year and yes, it doesn't last long enough!!  I love the 50's at night and 70's during the day.

1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

JessM wrote:

Happy Fall!
No 100's for me.  We had enough of that over the summer!

1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

JessM wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:30 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:21 pm
JessM wrote:

Happy Fall!

Oh no! Should I change it back? I was trying to be cool like all of you and have a cool screen name and not just my actual name LOL

Oh, my DH absolutely HATES it here lol I'm a native so I'm used to it lol We have tons of activities lined up for the "cooler weather". First up is outdoor movie night!

Nah…don’t change it back.  We’ll get used to it! :)   I love outdoor movie nights, but we don’t get many here, because it’s too humid and buggy in the summer and too cold in the fall (after the sun goes down). lol
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

VickiR wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:42 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:09 pm
My favorite time of year and yes, it doesn't last long enough!!  I love the 50's at night and 70's during the day.

Me, too!

1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I used to love seeing the trees changing color!  Some changed in Florida but not many.  And up here it's almost all evergreens - cedar, spruce and hemlock.  Some of the bushes turn a kind of brownish yellow but mostly things just turn brown.  Not very pretty but definitely fall-ish!  But when winter comes and the snow is on the ground and in the mountains it's pretty.  And in the spring it's even MORE pretty when the crocuses poke their pretty flowers through the snow!  And all the other flowers start blooming!  :)

rkokes

Cherry Blossom

It's gorgeous here in Colorado.  I stopped three times during my walk to take pictures!  The sun was hitting the trees just right this morning to make them extra colorful, and there was a rainbow-all with mountains in the background.  Love it! 

I am thinking it will be pretty different tomorrow though as it is raining pretty good now with a chance of snow flurries. 

I guess I should be glad I got some pictures while I could!
2 users liked this post:
Image  Image  Image  Image Image

VALERIE 03/22

Cherry Bomb

Lisn2cats wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:35 pm
Just got back from Houston. Almost DIED coming out of the plane. 99 degrees in October? Good grief!!!!

DON'T BLAME YOU I WOULD HAVE DIED NOT LITERALLY OF COURSE..................... VALERIE

VALERIE 03/22

Cherry Bomb

I ALSO LIKE FALL WITH THE COOLER TEMPS............. I'M NOT 1 FOR THE HEAT LIKE SUMMER BRINGS AND THE HUMIDITY.................. BUT FALL YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU..................... MY MAPLE TURNED COLORS THIS YEAR BUT MOST HAVE FALLEN OFF ALREADY...................... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....... OH WELL SUCH IS NATURE........ VALERIE
1 user liked this post:

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Lisn2cats wrote:

This is my pain lol I love north of Houston and it is insane.  I love cooler weather amd changing seasons.  I'm not a native Houstonian I've always lived where there are mountains and cooler weather.  This is not my forever home lol I hope to move back to a mountain area. You came during our second summer.  90 is cooler than previous years 😅
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

We got two lovely cool days of the lows in the fifties and even 46. It was amazing for Texas this time of the year. This is literally our second summer time.  We using don't get cooler weather until Januaryish. I hope we get snow this year but that's a rare thing here.  I was hoping to start a fire in my fireplace but two days of cool weather isn't enough time for that.  
1 user liked this post:
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

Nana01

Sweet Cherry Pie

I love Fall. My grandsons are coming over today to play in my leaves (I have a lot). I can't wait.
1 user liked this post:
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

ImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Florac74 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2024 3:59 am
Lisn2cats wrote:

This is my pain lol I love north of Houston and it is insane.  I love cooler weather amd changing seasons.  I'm not a native Houstonian I've always lived where there are mountains and cooler weather.  This is not my forever home lol I hope to move back to a mountain area. You came during our second summer.  90 is cooler than previous years 😅 
I would definitely not survive the Texas summer. lol  I hate our humidity, but it is usually not much over 90 degrees, and that is scattered throughout summer.  Although, this summer was one of our hottest (and driest) on record!

Laura
 Image    Image         

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

We are having an awesome autumn in central MT. But saw my first snow yesterday when we travelled down to a more mountainous area yesterday. That season will be rapidly approaching. Just about died in FL when I was there visiting a week ago or so.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Lisn2cats wrote:

Welcome to Texas where it's  always hot 8 months of the year.  

We finally got a cold front this week.  Temps down from the 100's to the 60's.  We are supposed to get rain this weekend.  Crossing our fingers.  Next week will be back in the upper 90's.  Sigh.  We really don't have  a Fall per se.  It's  really hot and then December and January  it's  very cold.  
:) Kelly 

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee