Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Wacky Wednesday 9-11
Did you know that doughnuts originally never had a hole in the middle?  Originally referred to as "oily cakes" the doughnut hole is most often credited to a sailor named Captain Hanson Gregory.  His mother would pack "oily cakes" for him so he wouldn't get hungry on his voyage.  It is said that during a storm, Gregory had trouble holding on to both his oily cakes and the steering wheel.  So, he skewered the oily cakes onto the spokes of the steering wheel.  This created the hole in the middle, and also eliminated the most unappetizing part -- the often raw, uncooked center!

Now, who wants doughnuts?

🍩 😁
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Re: Wacky Wednesday 9-11
That is interesting.   Never new that.  
:) Kelly 

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Laura wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:01 am
Did you know that doughnuts originally never had a hole in the middle?  Originally referred to as "oily cakes" the doughnut hole is most often credited to a sailor named Captain Hanson Gregory.  His mother would pack "oily cakes" for him so he wouldn't get hungry on his voyage.  It is said that during a storm, Gregory had trouble holding on to both his oily cakes and the steering wheel.  So, he skewed the oily cakes onto the spokes of the steering wheel.  This created the hole in the middle, and also eliminated the most unappetizing part -- the often raw, uncooked center!

Now, who wants doughnuts?

🍩 😁

NEAT!!! 😊😊😊
I WANT DOUGHNUTS NOW! 😊😂

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Fascinating! Love trivia and donuts

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

interesting!  TFS!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Wow, I never knew that.
    ImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Well that is really interesting!!

ImageImage Image Image  

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Amazing!!!  Now I want a donut!!!  LOL!  I'll have to wait till we go to town tomorrow and hope I get there before they're all gone.  :)

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Me!!!! I’ll take an old fashion please and thank you!
Susan

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Fascinating! Yes I will take a doughnut 🍩 please.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

FoxyStamping

Cherry Blossom

Yep, I am hungry for a doughnut now.  Interesting!
Sharon

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee