I can use some prayers for my DH (again)

Moderator: ACOT Employee

emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2510

I can use some prayers for my DH (again)

Post by emmapaige »

I know I've asked for lots of prayers for my DH over the past several years, mostly because of his heart issues. Some of you know, he had a heart stress test a couple of weeks ago and it showed a nodule on his right lung. He was then prescribed a CAT scan and was recommended a pulmonary doctor. She is great!! 

He has a PET scan on 9/3 and a biopsy on 9/5. We saw the thoracic surgeon this afternoon and really like him. He's sure it's lung cancer and is scheduled for surgery on 9/20. It's at Penn in Philly and I'm terrified to drive in the city these days. Luckily his daughter will be in town and can take us down. 

I am a wreck because my poor sweet hubby has been through so much. He has been doing so much better this past two years and this is just a kick in the gut. 

I'll be scrapping as therapy when I can but may be a little quiet on the boards. 

Thanks for the prayers, good thoughts and positive vibes!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1445

Re: I can use some prayers for my DH (again)

Post by VickiR »

Aw, Chris, so sorry to see this.  Keeping your DH and you in my thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks as you got through all of the appointments, testing and surgery.  Hugs and strength to you!
    ImageImage
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1393

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Oh Chris! You know you both have my prayers and good thoughts! Poor Ed...poor you! I pray for a good outcome for him. And strength for you. I know the waiting won't be easy either. Do what you have to do to take care of both of you! xoxo
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 963

Post by suewho372 »

Hi Chris- you know you’ve got the prayers- good thoughts-hugs and anything else !!! Praying for him and you and his team of medical staff. So many hugs to you - I know this is so unexpected and a shock besides being scary. Anything we can do - say the word! Sending all kinds of good thoughts and prayers . xxoo
Susan

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Post by Flasher »

Oh, sweet Pally!  I don't doubt for one second that you are worried, and then worried more on top of that.   I am absolutely sending you tons of ((Hugs)), prayers, support, good vibes  . . . whatever you need!  Just try to relax and just love on each other while you wait for the upcoming surgery.  Ed's got this.  You got this.  And, you've got us.  ❤️
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 102

Post by Monroe1218 »

Sending up prayers for you both!  I'm sure the diagnosis is scary and unexpected but thankful you have a great medical team around him - and you!

Rebecca

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2390

Post by Art_Teacher »

Chris, I am praying for your DH (and for you, because caregivers often get exhausted and their own health suffers).  Sending you cherry hugs, too.
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   

Return to “General Talk”