Happy Father's Day to all!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2336

Happy Father's Day to all!

Post by Art_Teacher »

To the Moms who had to be Dads, to our Dads, to the Dads we miss in Heaven, to all the father figures out there!

I have told you all about my former student who is an up and coming country singer/songwriter.  Well, Luke Combs (already a famous country singer/songwriter) has a new album out this week for Father's Day called Fathers and Sons.  My student, Wyatt helped write 2 songs on that album!  Awesome!  It's just so cool to see him starting to get somewhere in such a tough career.  Below are the youtube links if you want to give a listen. :)

https://youtu.be/n5ZGRo-qnB4?si=jz4xy_-3YSBv7B4o   Plant a Seed

https://youtu.be/O_JJftGtWEs?si=VcmHmF8_qibScuH2   A Ride Around Heaven
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1383

Re: Happy Father's Day to all!

Post by VickiR »

Wow, congratulations to him.   I love Luke Combs and these songs are wonderful.  Thanks for the links. 

Ditto on the Father's Day wishes!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:09 pm
Wow, congratulations to him.   I love Luke Combs and these songs are wonderful.  Thanks for the links. 

Vicki,
I have never been a huge country fan, but Wyatt has got me listening to so many new artists and I really do like Luke Combs.  Wyatt has his own songs out on Spotify, too.  If you haven't listened to some of his songs, my favorites of his new ones are : All We Were Was Country,  Tearin' Down Memories, I Can't Count That High, and Keep Your Radio On. I really do love his voice! I think you can look them up on YouTube, too.  :)  

Laura
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1383

Post by VickiR »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:13 pm
VickiR wrote:

Vicki,
I have never been a huge country fan, but Wyatt has got me listening to so many new artists and I really do like Luke Combs.  Wyatt has his own songs out on Spotify, too.  If you haven't listened to some of his songs, my favorites of his new ones are : All We Were Was Country,  Tearin' Down Memories, I Can't Count That High, and Keep Your Radio On. I really do love his voice! I think you can look them up on YouTube, too.  :)  

I will do that, thanks.  The Ride Around Heaven.... 😥  

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:14 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:13 pm
VickiR wrote:

Vicki,
I will do that, thanks.  The Ride Around Heaven.... 😥  

Right?  Just about that whole album is tearjerkers.  One thing I know about Wyatt is that he is an old soul.  He was writing those kind of insightful lyrics when he was 17...he's only about 27 now!

Laura
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:07 pm
To the Moms who had to be Dads, to our Dads, to the Dads we miss in Heaven, to all the father figures out there!

I have told you all about my former student who is an up and coming country singer/songwriter.  Well, Luke Combs (already a famous country singer/songwriter) has a new album out this week for Father's Day called Fathers and Sons.  My student, Wyatt helped write 2 songs on that album!  Awesome!  It's just so cool to see him starting to get somewhere in such a tough career.  Below are the youtube links if you want to give a listen. :)

I’m not a big country music fan but even I have heard of Luke Combs! What an awesome thing for Wyatt!!! I can’t handle any tear jerkers right now. I’ve been teary eyed off and on all weekend. Only able to take my antidepressant every other day because I didn’t have enough and the package from the pharmacy hadn’t come yet! But good luck to Wyatt! It IS a tough industry to break into and if he’s got someone like Luke Combs on his side he should do well!!!

And mega dittos to all the fathers, step fathers, bio dads, mom/dads out there!!!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

GinniG wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:41 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

I’m not a big country music fan but even I have heard of Luke Combs! What an awesome thing for Wyatt!!! I can’t handle any tear jerkers right now. I’ve been teary eyed off and on all weekend. Only able to take my antidepressant every other day because I didn’t have enough and the package from the pharmacy hadn’t come yet! But good luck to Wyatt! It IS a tough industry to break into and if he’s got someone like Luke Combs on his side he should do well!!!

And mega dittos to all the fathers, step fathers, bio dads, mom/dads out there!!! 

The Luke Combs album is a bunch of tear jerkers, but Wyatt McCubbin has some great toe-tappers. :). Check him out on YouTube if you want some songs that will make you want to dance, or bring back some really happy memories. :)
Laura
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:55 pm
GinniG wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:41 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

The Luke Combs album is a bunch of tear jerkers, but Wyatt McCubbin has some great toe-tappers. :). Check him out on YouTube if you want some songs that will make you want to dance, or bring back some really happy memories. :)

Thanks! I will!

Return to “General Talk”