Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

old scrapbook tools
Do you still have some old tools stashed away in your closet? An eyelet setter? crimper? I just used my crimper over the weekend! 

What old tools do you still have and when was the last time you used them?
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

StacyLee

Cherry Garcia

Re: old scrapbook tools
I have the original Crop-a-dile, I get it out a couple times a year maybe to punch a hole in something thick, or set an eyelet in a tag. I purged my deco edge scissors a long time ago, but I still have some pinking shears in the same tool drawer. I used the pinking shears for a challenge not that long ago….it might have been for your Grab 5!  :greenlol:
Stacy

ImageImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

StacyLeeD wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:36 am
I have the original Crop-a-dile, I get it out a couple times a year maybe to punch a hole in something thick, or set an eyelet in a tag. I purged my deco edge scissors a long time ago, but I still have some pinking shears in the same tool drawer. I used the pinking shears for a challenge not that long ago….it might have been for your Grab 5!  :greenlol:

I still have a crop-a-dile too and used it over the weekend to punch a hole!
Susan

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

I have the original Crop-a-dile too!  It's pink.  Like Stacy, my deco edge scissors are long gone.  Pinking shears are in my sewing stash.  I have punches that are at least 10 years old.  The Big Shot I have is from 2004, so it's one of the oldest tools that I still have.
    ImageImage

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

One of the first tools I had was the Creative Memories cutting system… I use it all the time, especially the circles!
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image

traveler

Cherry Cola

I still have my eyelet setter, and my deco edge scissors. I don’t use them much, but I don't have many of them and use them occasionally. I also have my old pink squeeze which was I was using for a while after my old die cutter broke until I got the new one.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Still use my Crop-O-Dole occasionally and my deco scissors (for Grab 5).  I also still use the eyelet setter tool with the hammer sometimes. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I still have my eyelet setter and hammer!  I also still have a crimper!  I will be using that very soon!  I can't think of a better way to make paper potato chips, can you?  😅

I also still have a couple of deco scissors.  I don't think I've ever used them for scrapping, but I use them a lot for making place cards, napkin decorations, and buffet labels at all my parties. 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Mommyof5

Sweet Cherry Pie

I also have the original cropodile, the original Creative Memories cutting set, my Moonshine Designs Eyelet setter and hammer, and so much more.  I have a ton of oldies but goodies! 
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have a set of eyelet setters still. I also have an embossing stylus and a Coluzzle knife. My Coluzzle templates have all broken though. I would love to find a Creative Memories circle cutting set. The last time I used my eyelet setters were to put more holes in DD's belt, hahaha!!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

aheatfan wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:19 am
Still use my Crop-O-Dole occasionally and my deco scissors (for Grab 5).  I also still use the eyelet setter tool with the hammer sometimes. 
I love to have you all bring out some old stuff for the Grab 5 challenge! I got rid of my deco scissors. Then not long after my DH stopped by a garage sale and bought a bunch and brought them home to me. 😔 hmm

- joannie

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:30 am
I have a set of eyelet setters still. I also have an embossing stylus and a Coluzzle knife. My Coluzzle templates have all broken though. I would love to find a Creative Memories circle cutting set. The last time I used my eyelet setters were to put more holes in DD's belt, hahaha!!!
If I don't want to drag out my cricut to cut a large circle I will use my Coluzzle circle set!! I will be sad when I can't find a blade for the knife!

- joannie

Tammey

Cherry Cola

I still have and use a corner rounder I got in 2000. I also have several pairs of deco edge scissors I have had for 15+ years that I don't use very often.

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

I have so much that I can't bring myself to part with...lol.
crimper
crop-a-dile
eyelet setter
electric distresser
fastenator
really old paper punches

I use the Fastenator probably 2-3 times a year - when I remember i have it..lol
Cropa -a-dile I use when I can't find my paper punch
I have the Coluzzle cutting system that I love!  
I will be sad too when i can't find new blades

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I still have some oldies!  

I still have some deco scissors.  Great for the grandkids.  
I still have my eyelet setter.  Don’t know when I used it last.  
I still use my Crop-o-dile.
And I still have my Coluzzle circles and knife, which I do use on a regular basis.  Often have to go searching for the mat!
And my old corner rounder was one of my original tools and I do use it frequently!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

tmp718 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:36 am
I still have and use a corner rounder I got in 2000. I also have several pairs of deco edge scissors I have had for 15+ years that I don't use very often.

I use my corner rounder all the time and hadn't really thought of it as an "old tool" but I guess it is LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

traveler

Cherry Cola

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:16 am
tmp718 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:36 am

I use my corner rounder all the time and hadn't really thought of it as an "old tool" but I guess it is LOL! 
I didn't think of it either, but I also have my original corner rounder and use it frequently.
I still have and occasionally use the old CM cutting system, but I didn't have the circles, just the ovals, a wavy thing, hexagons, and octagons, maybe. 

Louise

hsblair

Cherry Bing

oh the eyelet setter... I have it and haven't used it in probably 10 years.  Maybe I'll try to bring it out for the NSD crop.
Image Image Image Image

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have my corner rounder that I bought in the early 2000s, a pair or 2 of deco edge scissors that I use occasionally, some old circle and square punches and my old tags template (Fiskars). I ALSO STILL have my old Fiskars embossing plates.
I STILL use the punches and tag templates pretty frequently. I also have a few old templates that have the deco edges on them, and they do get used occasionally.
I STILL have my mini orange stapler and pencil sharpener from college around here somewhere, too! Lol!
I gotta say the challenges have helped me use some of these older things, AND some of my older stash, too! (⁠◠⁠‿⁠◕⁠)

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

I still have and use my Crop-a-Dial, but it is a multi tool since I also sew and it does set eyelets best for fabric as well.
I still have all the deco edge scissors...  the kids like them.  And ColorStreet keeps suggesting I use them for my nail designs (ugh, I would rather put a strip in the Cricut).

~Sarah~

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee