Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Vaccine #2
The four of us go back for Dose 2 of our Covid Vaccine today at 1:00.  I'm so excited to get this done finally!

I'm not second guessing anything about getting the vaccine or the vaccine itself, but I'll admit I'm making myself a little anxious about how it will hit me and dd.  From what I hear, if there is a response it's usually in women, and usually worse.  My dad had ZERO affects from either one.  Not even a sore arm.  My mom had a rough 24 hours after the second dose though.  But, said she'd do it again in a minute if she had to.

So regardless of how I end up feeling tomorrow, I'm super excited to have this big layer of protection!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Aztam

Cherry Bing

Re: Vaccine #2
Yep I was kind out of it from Fri - Sun after getting the 2nd on a Thursday. But I would it again if needed.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam

traveler

Cherry Cola

So, happy for you. I think there is no ay to predict if you are going to respond poorly or not. I have 2 healthy teenage boys with strong immune systems, and one was feverish and miserable after his second vaccine and the other had a slightly sore arm and that's it. But even if you do have a response, it's only for a day or 2 and then you get your life back. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

You can do this!!  Just drink lots of water today and tomorrow.   You can take Ibuprfen if needed.  
I reacted the week later, so just be aware!  It wasn’t that bad, either.  Was able to fully function.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I'm so excited for you Laura. I agree, drink lots of water. Staying hydrated helps. Both my dad and bio dad and DH had zero effects besides the sore arm. But my bio dad's wife had a rough 48 hrs, but then she was good to go.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

That's great. I was out for about 24 hours but WELL worth it  😊  Sending you good thoughts. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Laura wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:55 am
The four of us go back for Dose 2 of our Covid Vaccine today at 1:00.  I'm so excited to get this done finally!

I'm not second guessing anything about getting the vaccine or the vaccine itself, but I'll admit I'm making myself a little anxious about how it will hit me and dd.  From what I hear, if there is a response it's usually in women, and usually worse.  My dad had ZERO affects from either one.  Not even a sore arm.  My mom had a rough 24 hours after the second dose though.  But, said she'd do it again in a minute if she had to.

So regardless of how I end up feeling tomorrow, I'm super excited to have this big layer of protection!
Good luck, Laura! I know how you feel! We had our first dose on 4/19 and go back 5/10 for the 2nd one. DH had NO symptoms, except a sore arm. I had a sore arm, I still keep getting a twitch in my thumb on that side and (sorry, this is TMI, but I feel I should mention it), 2 days after the vaccine I started my period (AGAIN) and I'm on day 12 and no sign of stopping. I am 50 years old!! This is my 2nd period in April (4/7 and 4/23???).  I googled and there is buzz about this being a side effect. Omg go away!! At this point, i want fewer, not more!!! They kept asking me if I was taking any blood thinners when I got the first shot. So...???? I'm afraid of what will happen with the 2nd one too. 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Other than being extremely tired the next day, I was fine. Good luck!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

Covid hotline nurse here- 

It's very difficult (READ: impossible) to predict who will react, but IN GENERAL the younger you are and if you are female you are more likely to have a reaction.  After Moderna, we ARE seeing delayed reactions up to a week later (google "Covid arm") but that is MUCH less likely with Pfizer.  Also IN GENERAL we are advising women on any sort of estrogen (either BCP or post menopausal) that it may be best not to do the J&J. 

In any event - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!!!!  Let's get this ship righted and get our lives back!

PS - and YES!!!  to the hydration!!!  VERY important!!!  If you get yourself ina dehydration loop it makes everything worse.
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

raebellus

Cherry Tart

Wishing you the best! My husband and I had our first dose on Sunday and yesterday he was nauseous and had chills. I just felt wiped out. We both had very sore arms, but it has since passed today. We are getting our second doses on different dates later this month. I'm not going to lie, I am anxious about getting it, but know its for the best in the long run. Just praying for low key. lol

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I had a sore arm, not as bad as the first shot though.  No other reaction.

Wish they would have made the darn card smaller so I could fit it in my wallet! 
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

karensay wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:43 pm
I had a sore arm, not as bad as the first shot though.  No other reaction.

Wish they would have made the darn card smaller so I could fit it in my wallet! 

OMG - on the Covid hotline you have NO IDEA how many calls we have already gotten that people have lost or misplaced the damn things!!!!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

wazzu94

Sweet Cherry Pie

I can relate to your anxiety for shot #2.  After shot #1 I had a horrible migraine and flu feelings for 48 hours.  It was not fun and in that 48 hours I told my husband...I'm not doing Shot #2!  Of course, I will and I hope that I will just have a sore arm. :)  I may have been dehydrated for shot #1, but I won't be for #2.  My husband was totally fine and was a great care giver because I was such a baby.

Drink your water!
Suzann
Suzann
 ImageImage Image           

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:30 am
Laura wrote:

Good luck, Laura! I know how you feel! We had our first dose on 4/19 and go back 5/10 for the 2nd one. DH had NO symptoms, except a sore arm. I had a sore arm, I still keep getting a twitch in my thumb on that side and (sorry, this is TMI, but I feel I should mention it), 2 days after the vaccine I started my period (AGAIN) and I'm on day 12 and no sign of stopping. I am 50 years old!! This is my 2nd period in April (4/7 and 4/23???).  I googled and there is buzz about this being a side effect. Omg go away!! At this point, i want fewer, not more!!! They kept asking me if I was taking any blood thinners when I got the first shot. So...???? I'm afraid of what will happen with the 2nd one too. 

I heard about that this morning. I think its really crazy. That is one wonky side effect!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:36 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:30 am
Laura wrote:

I heard about that this morning. I think its really crazy. That is one wonky side effect!

Totally wonky! Like, why!?
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:05 pm

It's very difficult (READ: impossible) to predict who will react, but IN GENERAL the younger you are and if you are female you are more likely to have a reaction.  After Moderna, we ARE seeing delayed reactions up to a week later (google "Covid arm") but that is MUCH less likely with Pfizer.  Also IN GENERAL we are advising women on any sort of estrogen (either BCP or post menopausal) that it may be best not to do the J&J. 

In any event - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!!!!  Let's get this ship righted and get our lives back!

PS - and YES!!!  to the hydration!!!  VERY important!!!  If you get yourself ina dehydration loop it makes everything worse.

Any idea why it has to do with estrogen? I don't fall into either of those categories though, and got Pfizer...? But like you said, in any case, I'll be going back for the 2nd dose. And everybody at DH's job was telling him he'll be calling out the next day, as all the guys had a worse reaction to the 2nd shot, even if they had no reaction to the 1st one. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

DH and I had no reaction from the second shot other than a sore arm. That only lasted about a day.

Be aware I thought I heard that you should not take a pain killer when you are getting/get the shot. Anyone else hear that?

ImageImage Image Image  

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm
Karyn_Sue wrote:

Any idea why it has to do with estrogen? I don't fall into either of those categories though, and got Pfizer...? But like you said, in any case, I'll be going back for the 2nd dose. And everybody at DH's job was telling him he'll be calling out the next day, as all the guys had a worse reaction to the 2nd shot, even if they had no reaction to the 1st one.   

Women on BCP or estrogen replacement are at higher risk of blood clots. Covid is actually a clotting disorder so the J&J and AZ vaccines which mimic Covid in order to stimulate the body's immune response also have been associated with a teensy tiny but unanticipated increase in the number of women with serious clot formation.  Pfizer and Moderna work in a completely different way (stimulating the body to recognize Covid instead of mimicking it) so do not have this side effect (although this whole weird menstrual cycle thing is making us rethink that........)

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:42 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:55 pm
Karyn_Sue wrote:

Women on BCP or estrogen replacement are at higher risk of blood clots. Covid is actually a clotting disorder so the J&J and AZ vaccines which mimic Covid in order to stimulate the body's immune response also have been associated with a teensy tiny but unanticipated increase in the number of women with serious clot formation.

Oh wow - I didn't know covid was a clotting disorder!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

pawprints wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:05 pm
DH and I had no reaction from the second shot other than a sore arm. That only lasted about a day.

Be aware I thought I heard that you should not take a pain killer when you are getting/get the shot. Anyone else hear that?

The only pain killers that should be avoided are those that are also anti-inflammatories.  So that would be Advil (ibuprofen), Aleve (naproxen) and any other "NSAIDs - nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories. The reason for this is that by reducing the body's inflammatory/immune response you may also reduce the production of antibodies. However, in persons who regularly take NSAIDs for other conditions (arthritis, other immune conditions) we recommend that they do NOT withhold the drugs a your body has a certain degree of reliance on them

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee