Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

polar vortex
ugh  time for another one..........i feel for those of you who will see the worst of it next week.....we will  sit at highs around 30 degrees for about 5 days it looks like...who knows what our wind chill will be but i can guarantee it wont be like some of you....we will look warm..ha

i am planning on being prepared so that i dont have to go out....im not a fan of it being that cold...and making lots of soups...:P

are ya ready for it?

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Re: polar vortex
Well, Monday our high is only supposed to be 10 degrees.  But, the overnight temps are supposed to be below zero with some not so great wind chills.  Mike insulated the pipes last weekend, so we are ready on that front.  Here in northern Ohio, we get snaps like this every couple of years.  The heating bills are AWESOME when these snaps come about.  😨
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yes, praying that you all stay safe. That's crazy weather. It is 46 here today and I am freezing!! I am not complaining knowing what you all are going through but for us South Florida folks, this is COLD. I have never even heard of insulating pipes...  
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yesterday it was a balmy 58 degrees in Kansas City.  Took kids to the park after work, because it was so nice.  The temp now is 37, and it will continue to fall through the day.  For the next 10 days the highest temp we will see is 10 degrees.  There was some spittle of precipitation on my way to work this morning, but I am not sure what the future holds for any ice or snow.
I went to the grocery store last night and got groceries all stocked up.  Chili, chicken and noodles, scalloped potatoes and ham are all on the menu because warm bellies make it a little more bearable.  
We usually end up having a pretty good time as a family when we are all cooped up in the house.  Movies and cocoa nights for the foreseeable future.  Sunday we will watch the Superbowl, though.
Polar Vortex sounds like an Avengers movie LOL.  

Stay safe and warm all!
~Sarah~

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

For at least the next week freezing temperatures in Montana.  And snow.  All the things we wanted to miss out on. The grandson has a scout winter camp out this weekend.  Hope they all stay warm.

Finally starting to warm up herein Arizona.  In the 60’s which is perfect for me.  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

JAire

Cherry Bomb

I have never heard this term so had to Google it. That explains my odd weather here on the central coast. Hey, Kristin, I read S. FL may be having “falling iguana”, have you folks seen any?
Joyce Ann

traveler

Cherry Cola

I hadn't heard about this, so after reading this thread I checked the weather forecast. Luckily it doesn't seem like its heading here.  It's supposed to be in the 30's here, colder overnight, over the next few days. That's pretty normal for here in February. We're supposed to get a bit more snow, which we don't need, we have quite enough already. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Brrrrr....stay safe and warm!

We are in the low 40's and upper 30's except for 12th-14th where it drops into the upper 20's for a couple of days.  I guess that's about normal for here this time of year.
    ImageImage

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Oh my! Well going to be dry and in 60’s here for next week and nights from upper 30’s to mid 40’s. Having lived in California all my life, can’t imagine your weather at all. Stay warm and safe.

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

Charleneanne wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:08 pm
Oh my! Well going to be dry and in 60’s here for next week and nights from upper 30’s to mid 40’s. Having lived in California all my life, can’t imagine your weather at all. Stay warm and safe.

My in-laws live in Rancho.  They call us regularly concerned about our weather issues in the midwest.  She is horrified by how cold we get and the tornados!  We generally get a warning for those.  I couldn't find the fun in an earthquake.
~Sarah~

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

We have cold weather on the way, but we have been unextremely warm the last few days.  They have even turned on the A/C at the office LOL  It is supposed to be 19 degrees Sunday

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I have not been to school on a Monday since January 4th, thanks to snow days and MLK, Jr. Day. I don’t believe we will have it Monday, if the temps are as predicted. Any time it is below zero with -15 wind chills, we typically cancel. Too many walkers and kids waiting out at the end of long lanes for busses, if the busses will even start!

We had this a few years ago and I’m pretty sure that is when the meteorologists coined “polar vortex.’. lol
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

oh goodness... for some of you, that is horrible... that is our normal for winter, lol.  We are headed into a cold zone with highs of -8 and a real feel of -22 for the next 5 to 10 days.  Hard to say with the lake effect what will actually happen. 

Today, we got a couple inches of snow and it is now 16 but real feel of 3.. pretty balmy... bahahaha   
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Aztam

Cherry Bing

It was 80º yesterday. Hottest day of the year. LOL

Tam

ernstem

Cherry Cola

The cold will set in tonight around here. Temps on Sunday with windchill will be -35. Schools don't cancel around here unless it's -35 or worse with windchill. Going to be cold like that for awhile but not likely cold enough to cancel school next week.

wimom

Cherry Bomb

Heavy wet snow here in Wisconsin today, forecast "only" 3-5 inches but that is on top of 8 inches last weekend. The weather guy on TV warned to get your shoveling done right away because bitter cold will follow tonight and turn all that wet snow into unshovelable chunks of ice. Forecast highs this weekend are 0 to 5 above with wind chills of as much as 30 below. Honestly, winter here so far has been very mild and some of this type of weather is to be expected, so we are due. That's just winter in Wisconsin. Stay warm Cherries!
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Laura wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:31 am
Well, Monday our high is only supposed to be 10 degrees.  But, the overnight temps are supposed to be below zero with some not so great wind chills.  Mike insulated the pipes last weekend, so we are ready on that front.  Here in northern Ohio, we get snaps like this every couple of years.  The heating bills are AWESOME when these snaps come about.  😨

i hear ya!  we have several nights coming up that our low will be around 5 degrees ...my gas heat bill is going to be horrid....sigh

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

ernstem wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:23 pm
The cold will set in tonight around here. Temps on Sunday with windchill will be -35. Schools don't cancel around here unless it's -35 or worse with windchill. Going to be cold like that for awhile but not likely cold enough to cancel school next week.

good crazy that is COLD!

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

30 degrees would be fantastic! It’s going to be about ten here with below zero at night! 
ImageImage 

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee