Has anyone received the Covid vaccine

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Gail R
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 76

Has anyone received the Covid vaccine

Post by Gail R »

I signed up today for it.  Probably won't be for a couple of weeks, so I got a regular flu shot and a pneumonia shot today while at my doctor appointment.  Dh got his Covid vaccine last week and has an appointment on the 20th for the 2nd one.
Gail
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Re: Has anyone received the Covid vaccine

Post by VickiR »

That's great!  I have a drs. appt. next week and hope it's on the agenda.  My aunt is a phlebotomist and got hers 2 weeks ago and the second one this past Monday.  She works in a small community hospital and they currently have 63 COVID19 patients.  I was relieved that she was able to get hers so quickly.
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 755

Post by traveler »

My husband got his, he’s a doctor in a hospital. He got his first dose before New Years. I’ve signed up, but I’m not sure it means anything other than that I’m in the state list, so who knows when I will get it. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1799

Post by aheatfan »

Nope. I would get it today if I could but our governor, unlike many others has decided that teachers are now at the end of the line. Not surprised... this is the same governor who raised starting teacher pay to 41,000 while 20 year veteran teachers are still making 45,000.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

No and I haven’t even tried to sign up for it yet.  During a visit with my PCP in December, he said it would be months until they get to my age group and it would go through so many changes by then
LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1282

Post by LoreenC »

I probably need one, my DD is staying with us and working at our hospital. They put her on a COVID floor, she works with COVID patients for 12-14 hours a day and has NOT got hers!! Apparently, it is because she is on a contract to work at this hospital and because she is not a resident she doesn’t deserve one. I am pretty mad and scared! She worked in Florida and New York testing and working in Care facilities, and when her contract was done, she went home to Denver and then got offered this job here in Yuma. I know she wanted to stay with me but What a Slap in the face from our hospital! We are Very careful , she will be here for 4-5 more weeks. They told her as an excuse that she wouldn’t be here for the second  injection, when it was clear she would be! I certainly understand if she Quits !! Can’t believe this when yesterday we were one of the worse states!
sorry for the rant!
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Nope. According to the NY State guidelines I probably wouldn't be eligible until the summer. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

LoreenC wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:41 pm
I probably need one, my DD is staying with us and working at our hospital. They put her on a COVID floor, she works with COVID patients for 12-14 hours a day and has NOT got hers!! Apparently, it is because she is on a contract to work at this hospital and because she is not a resident she doesn’t deserve one. I am pretty mad and scared! She worked in Florida and New York testing and working in Care facilities, and when her contract was done, she went home to Denver and then got offered this job here in Yuma. I know she wanted to stay with me but What a Slap in the face from our hospital! We are Very careful , she will be here for 4-5 more weeks. They told her as an excuse that she wouldn’t be here for the second  injection, when it was clear she would be! I certainly understand if she Quits !! Can’t believe this when yesterday we were one of the worse states!
sorry for the rant!
I cannot believe they won't give her one!! She's working with covid patients!!! I would be mad too! :( 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

I got one on 12/26. I got the Pfizer one so I will get my second dose on 1/16. Indiana has opened it up to therapists very quickly.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

sdwhru wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:29 pm
No and I haven’t even tried to sign up for it yet.  During a visit with my PCP in December, he said it would be months until they get to my age group and it would go through so many changes by then

pretty much the same thing i was told the other day...so im fine with waiting for it....maybe it will be a bit more refined by then etc.
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia

Post by 1scrappymom »

LoreenC wrote:
sorry for the rant!

That's so sad! We expect people to put their lives on the line and then treat them this way. 
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia

Post by 1scrappymom »

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:16 pm
sdwhru wrote:

pretty much the same thing i was told the other day...so im fine with waiting for it....maybe it will be a bit more refined by then etc. 

The nerd in me is very excited about how it targets the protein outside the virus so even if the virus mutates, the vaccine will still work. The thing I worry about and what they warn when you sign up for it, is if you are planning to get pregnant any time in the next few years, you shouldn't take the vaccine because they don't know what it will do as far as birth defects. At 49 - I'm good! LOL
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2864

Post by shoorn »

My husband and I went for checkups on Monday. My husband asked as he is  tier one - over 75 and our doctor said that they do not have the vaccine yet. It appears that the vaccine has gone to all the large cities - Dallas, Houston, San Antonio but hasn't made its way to the Hill Country,
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

LoreenC wrote:
sorry for the rant!
That is awful, praying for you all. 

🌴Kristin  

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

1scrappymom wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:11 pm
CarrieG wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:16 pm
sdwhru wrote:

The nerd in me is very excited about how it targets the protein outside the virus so even if the virus mutates, the vaccine will still work. The thing I worry about and what they warn when you sign up for it, is if you are planning to get pregnant any time in the next few years, you shouldn't take the vaccine because they don't know what it will do as far as birth defects. At 49 - I'm good! LOL 

ugh!  im past having more kids also..lol  but my daughters arent....oyyyyyyyyyyy  my big fear is that i have a nasty reaction to the flu vac  so im avoiding the covid vac for a bit.....my documented reaction also puts me wayyyyyyyyyyyyy down on the list even if i wanted it today
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

My mom had a virtual app’t with one of her docs yesterday - he told her she really needs to sign up to get it.  Not only is she in the age group, but she hits a lot of the markers for the pre-existing conditions. She has, also, had the shingles shot.  Her doc did tell her if she didn’t have a reaction to it (feeling sick or really down for a day or so) she more than likely would not have a reaction to the vaccine.  
1scrapdiva (Robin)
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 483

Post by 1scrapdiva (Robin) »

No 
I do not intend on getting it , knowing whats in it. !!!
altho I am sure we will not have a choice ! . our Goverment at some point will make it mandatory!
some places of employment are all ready telling workers they either get it or loose their jobs!!

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

sdwhru wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:25 pm
My mom had a virtual app’t with one of her docs yesterday - he told her she really needs to sign up to get it.  Not only is she in the age group, but she hits a lot of the markers for the pre-existing conditions. She has, also, had the shingles shot.  Her doc did tell her if she didn’t have a reaction to it (feeling sick or really down for a day or so) she more than likely would not have a reaction to the vaccine.  
Just curious how the Shingles vaccine is related. I had a terrible reaction to the Shingles vaccine. Out of work for two days with horrible chills. 

🌴Kristin  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

LoreenC wrote:
sorry for the rant!

That is such a disgrace and a horrible way to treat such a dedicated front line worker as your DD is! WTH is wrong with them!!

Image Image Image

cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Post by cat1393 »

Not yet, But I am an essential worker, and the company is pushing for it. I can wait, I feel there are more important essential workers out there.

Christine

Return to “General Talk”