Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

shoorn

Cherry Cola

UPDATED Could use some prayers and good thoughts
UPDATE: Had my first series of injections in my lower back. Could feel a difference when I stood up. Have to take it easy today and have to record in my "pain Diary" so that the doctor has a record of how it is working. My next set of injections will be Aug 17th. A long time I know but I opted to have more that a local (what I had today). I could still feel it and my body tensed up - not a good thing. This doctor says he may be able to help with the hips using the same anesthetic on nerves going to the hips. We will see how these injections go first - but definitely promising. It means I would be eligible for radio frequency ablation. 

Thank you all for the prayers - please keep them coming! 

I haven't been around much these past few weeks. I have dropped in; read some threads; left some love...but haven't stayed long. Have been doing some scrapping.  Problem has been that it has been harder and harder to sit on this chair for a long time. 

Most of you don't know I have been battling pain for months. Last year at this time I was hiking and now can barely walk. Pain has been constant just varies in degree. We had come to Kerrville in our RV and are staying for an indefinite period of time - all so I can get some help. Started with a Rheumatologist as I have severe arthritis in both hips and lower back. I tried physical therapy for a month and a half and while it helped some - it just wasn't enough. Been through many x-rays and a MRI. Went to an orthopedic doc for the hips - no option except for hip replacements.

Found a Spine and Pain Management doctor. Now have a back brace (which helps a little). Will be having some spine injections to see if it helps and will set me up for some other options. Also they want me to do a minimal invasive surgery around the S1 joint  (the ligament has thickened and they want to 'shave' it)but I don't know when the okay will come in. Will probably need a chest x-ray and EKG before it. It will be done in San Antonio. I am working with the spine first and hoping for some relief. If the injections work then there will be two options one is radio frequency ablation therapy (good for 6-12 months) and the other is a more permanent solution requiring an outpatient surgery and 2 month recovery.  

After the spine I will see how I feel. Hip replacement surgery is a major surgery. 

Please send some prayers and good thoughts my way.  :)
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: Could use some prayers and good thoughts
Prayers and good thoughts. Hugs for what you are going through. Chronic pain is so debilitating both physically and mentally. Take care and hang in there.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Shorn,
  My heart goes out to you becauseI also have   RA and it is affecting my hands and feet. I can understand the pain and frustration you are dealing with. I will keep you in my prayers . God bless you and I hope you get some relief soon.
Donna
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

lmcgill

Cherry Bing

Hugs and prayers.

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I’m so sorry to hear all of that. I’m praying for relief of pain long term and immediate. That situation day in and day out wears on all aspects of your psychological, emotional and physical well being. Praying also that all areas would be touched and lifted. I am an absolute believer in the power of prayer. Many hugs for you too. It takes courage to reach out and ask, I’m proud of you for sharing with us!
Susan

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Prayers & hugs; chronic pain is so terrible to deal with.  Praying you get some relief soon

StacyLee

Cherry Garcia

Susan, I'm sorry to hear this!  I am certainly not dispensing medical advice because I'm not a medical professional (I'm a billing manager for an orthopedic surgery group), but....when you are looking at total hip replacement surgery find out if an anterior approach is possible for you.  Hip replacements have come a long way in recent years.  Recovery is much easier with an anterior approach, my husband actually had this done a couple years ago and went home the same day!  It's not an option for everyone, and not all surgeons do the procedure this way. Anyway, I always hesitate and responding to things like this because I'm not a medical professional, but that's what I've seen with our patients and gone through with my husband. Good luck to you, and hope you find some relief soon!
Stacy

ImageImageImage

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Oh Susan!!  I feel so badly for you!  Pain is terrible, especially what you have!  I only had two days of a pinch sciatica and I am still going to see my ortho guy in case it happens again (he's backed up until a week from Monday)  I'll say prayers for you, for sure!  And with all this the last thing you need is all that to deal with, too.  Hugs, and prayers.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I am so sorry Susan for all the pain you've been in. Hope you can find some relief. Hugs and prayers!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Praying for quick healing and health. 🙏🙏🙏
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain, Susan! Healing thoughts and prayers!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I am so sorry Susan to hear what you have been going through. Constant pain is awful and I hope so much that you can get some relief. Many, many ((hugs)).

ImageImage Image Image  

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Susan, I am so sorry you are in constant pain.  Hopefully you can get some relief and know we are here for you if you need to vent!!

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Susan, you have my thoughts and prayers.  I hope you get relieve from the pain!  
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. I will definitely need them. Looking at spinal injections first on the 29th at the doctor's office. Will see what happens. 

Image ImageImage   Image

shoorn

Cherry Cola

StacyLeeD wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:00 pm
Susan, I'm sorry to hear this!  I am certainly not dispensing medical advice because I'm not a medical professional (I'm a billing manager for an orthopedic surgery group), but....when you are looking at total hip replacement surgery find out if an anterior approach is possible for you.  Hip replacements have come a long way in recent years.  Recovery is much easier with an anterior approach, my husband actually had this done a couple years ago and went home the same day!  It's not an option for everyone, and not all surgeons do the procedure this way. Anyway, I always hesitate and responding to things like this because I'm not a medical professional, but that's what I've seen with our patients and gone through with my husband. Good luck to you, and hope you find some relief soon!

Stacy, oddly enough I am aware of the anterior approach. My DH had a hip replacement in 2014 and did a bunch of research about it. We were living in Florida at the time and he found a doctor who was trained in that approach in Orlando. It was over an hour away but we did it. What took time was getting the approval from insurance to pass over closer surgeons. He did stay in the hospital but his recovery was quick. I would need to do research to see if there is a doctor trained in that in San Antonio. It not only requires a surgeon that is trained but a special operating table. Will deal with that later. 

Image ImageImage   Image

shoorn

Cherry Cola

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:24 pm
Susan, I am so sorry you are in constant pain.  Hopefully you can get some relief and know we are here for you if you need to vent!!

Thanks - it helps to vent. Needless to say DH hears a lot and he has to do alot for me. He does all the grocery shopping now and making the bed. I still cook - cooking is not one of his talents. LOL

Image ImageImage   Image

shoorn

Cherry Cola

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:36 pm
I am so sorry Susan for all the pain you've been in. Hope you can find some relief. Hugs and prayers!

Thanks Brandy! The brace is helping somewhat but wearing it in this heat has me melting!

Image ImageImage   Image

shoorn

Cherry Cola

sherelm wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:13 pm
Oh Susan!!  I feel so badly for you!  Pain is terrible, especially what you have!  I only had two days of a pinch sciatica and I am still going to see my ortho guy in case it happens again (he's backed up until a week from Monday)  I'll say prayers for you, for sure!  And with all this the last thing you need is all that to deal with, too.  Hugs, and prayers.

Yeah constant pain wears you down - also raises my blood pressure. I have a high tolerance for pain so probably let this go longer than I should have.

Image ImageImage   Image

shoorn

Cherry Cola

suewho372 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:27 pm
I’m so sorry to hear all of that. I’m praying for relief of pain long term and immediate. That situation day in and day out wears on all aspects of your psychological, emotional and physical well being. Praying also that all areas would be touched and lifted. I am an absolute believer in the power of prayer. Many hugs for you too. It takes courage to reach out and ask, I’m proud of you for sharing with us!

Thank you so much for your prayers. Please keep me in them as I go through this. 

Image ImageImage   Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee