sunday qotd

Post by CarrieG »

shoes on in the house or no?
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2463

Re: sunday qotd

Post by emmapaige »

Yes. DH is diabetic and is required to always protect his feet. I’ve been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and told to never walk barefoot. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Mostly it is shoes off at our house.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

Shoes on, YES..  I only have know one friend when they took off shoes before entering the house.  I wear sneakers, they wore slip-ons.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

Shoes on... mainly because there is no room in my entry for them to be, lol
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

Post by Scrap Bug »

Yes, if you want.  Most of us walk around barefoot b/c it's too hot to wear shoes most of the time, but I mostly have flip flops on b/c I have foot problems and it's more comfortable for me.  Our floors are tile.
Melissa
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Its6 whatever one prefers at my house. The kids kick theirs off as soon as they walk in, DH takes off his work boots at the door, and I put on shoes almost as soon as I get up. 
Kim

Image Image  
Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 627

Post by Berta R. »

No rule about it but I personally hate wearing shoes inside or out.  I have a pair of sandals that I keep by the door  for when I must put something on.
***Berta***
DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by DolphinSoul »

GmaBerta wrote:No rule about it but I personally hate wearing shoes inside or out.  I have a pair of sandals that I keep by the door  for when I must put something on.
Ditto!!! And depending if just quick outside in yard. Usually still barefoot . 
~ Carissa ~

MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

I can't stand being barefoot.   But, I have inside shoes and outside shoes.  I don't make people take their shoes off, but many seem to naturally.
~Sarah~
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

Nope not so much.  Bare feet are best, just socks are good, or when cold out my big old sloppy house shoes 
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

Charleneanne wrote:Nope not so much.  Bare feet are best, just socks are good, or when cold out my big old sloppy house shoes 

lol I am with you!!!

Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

I personally am not a big shoes on in the house.... so if I’ve been home off they go unless I’m mowing . I don’t mind if someone wants to keep them on either/ whatever makes ya happy!!
Susan

Tammey
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2133

Post by Tammey »

If it is cold I wear slippers in the house...it it is warm I am in flip flops or barefoot. 
  Image Image Image Image Image

Linda L
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 101

Post by Linda L »

We were raised shoes off at the door so I usually walk around in socks or barefoot inside. 
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

No . . . no shoes in my house . . . period!  My dh and I both have to wear support all day, but we each have a separate pair of shoes for inside use only.  My family and guests all know my rule.  The only exception I've made (and I imagine I might have to make it again) was for my grandma.  It was too difficult for her to get her shoes on and off, so we slipped those water-proof plastic/paper work booties over her shoes.  I have a box of those in the closet by the front door.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

yes, mostly on.  I do wear Nike flip flops that have a rubber bottom around my house; unless lots of walking then I put on my tennis shoes (otherwise feet/knees are killing me).  When I lived in Hawaii, no shoes in the house (just flip flops); no carpet and dust got everywhere - can't stand feeling grit under my feet 
lissahope26
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1705

Post by lissahope26 »

Shoes off here.  Too much dirt gets tracked in so I try to keep it to a minimum by having shoes kicked off at the door.  
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 297

Post by KrazSparkle »

I hate shoes and socks, as soon as I come home off comes my shoes and sock and I'm barefooted the rest of the night. My DH hates it. He wears his shoes all day. He'll come home take a shower and keep his shoes on the rest of the evening til bed, he sleeps in socks too. My kids are either or, depending on their moods. When you walk into my house I have a small shoe area which keeps mostly my shoes. If company wants to keep their shoes on they can, if they want to take them off they are more then welcomed to.
(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

Never.  And even have put the dog out in bare feet in the winter.

However.... My son and his wife have pure white white carpet in all their home.  So as soon as you go in it's shoes off,ok for me, but kinda rude to guests.  Especially since they have a beagle running thru the house after walks in the woods and going out.

Return to “General Talk”