Beautiful service

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Beautiful service

Post by blbabe1234 »

My cousin's funeral was a beautiful service. The room was full. All pews were taken AND people were standing in the back. I wish he knew how many people loved him and he could have used that love to get help. I had family coming from all over Texas, including a cousin from Oklahoma and another one from Arkansas. It was great seeing everyone; of course, but the circumstances sucked. All the poems, the songs...the songs were perfect in everyway. One of my cousins chose the songs. They had a DVD playing on loop with all the family photos. Its amazing what drugs can do to someone in such a short time (a year and a half). Only kind words were spoken about Justin. Seeing my aunt balling and my cousin Tara (his younger sister) heart broken just breaks your heart, and then we all start crying. But I think she was finally at peace with what happened when the Funeral Director said "Justin is safe in God's arm and nothing can hurt him". They ended the service with "Over You" by Miranda Lambert. Its what broke all of us down.

It had been cloudy all day, and all week last week. When the service was over with, and we walked outside after saying our last goodbyes, the sun came out. Its silly, but we all felt that was a sign. That everything is going to be okay.

Afterwards, my mom, aunt and uncle came to our house to relax a bit. My mom went home a few hours later. We all went to bed early that night and hung out a bit yesterday. My aunt and uncle went driving around to Port Aransas and Rockport while we stayed home to do laundry, and other things in preparation for work today.  I had pulled pork in the crock pot going yesterday so easy dinner. Then we ended the night playing Cards Against Humanity. We had a blast!

They left for Dallas at 7am and then DH went off to work. I'm hoping my work day is light and easy as I'm really not in the mood to work. But I do like getting paid!Image
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Re: Beautiful service

Post by Shutterbug »

Brandy, we have all be thinking of you and praying for your family. I am glad the service went well and that was beautiful.  When the sun came out it is not silly to say you felt like iit was a sign.  IT is a sign and I glad it gave you comfort.  Love you my friend.  Here if you need someone to talk to.

Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2464

Post by emmapaige »

It sounds like it went well (as well as can be expected) and I believe the sun coming out at the end was indeed a sign.  xoxo
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Sounds like the service went well; I am grateful for that.  Praying for the "healing time" to begin; I know things will never be as they were but I hope your aunt and his sister find peace
Linda L
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 101

Post by Linda L »

It sounds like a beautiful service Brandy. I also believe the sun coming out was a sign!!  God Bless you all!!
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

Thank you for letting us know how beautiful the service was. It certainly sounds like it was. I'm relieved to hear that you think your Aunt is at peace. Bless her and her daughter. I hope the road ahead of them is easier for them now. I'm also glad you got to spend extra time with your family even if it wasn't on the best reason. HUGS to you and your family.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I am glad it went well. He is safe in Gods hands now.
ImageImage 

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5437

Post by Deanna13 »

I'm glad the sun coming out was a comfort to you. We've had different signs at funerals that gave us comfort before. Will keep your family in my prayers, Brandy. Hugs!
Image Image ImageImage
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

I'm so glad things went so well and you and your family feel some peace.  Continued thoughts and prayers!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

I’m glad the service was so beautiful, and that you all found some comfort in each other. It is so insane how drugs can cause so much chaos in such s short time. I believe god sends signs like the sun for you guys. Thank goodness for them. Lots of hugs and continued prayers for all of you. 
Susan

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Post by pawprints »

Brandy I am so glad the service was beautiful and that the sun came out. I definitely believe in signs, as my family and I saw signs first hand when my dad passed. It is so emotional but gives you comfort at the same time. Many hugs that your cousin is at peace now.

Image Image Image

-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

So glad the sun came out. I believe in signs too. Sending you prayers of peace. 
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

I'm so glad things ended on a positive note. I think that helps a lot with closure. You all are in my prayers! Praying for an easy day at work!!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

I'm so glad everything went well and you had the family time afterwards. I love that the sun came out. I don't think accepting that as a sign is silly at all.
You are your family will continue to be in my prayers.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 995

Post by blfonty »

Thank you for sharing with us Brandy. We had a similar experience during the funeral of my brother who passed a few years ago. It was a rainy day at the funeral home for the visitation. A rainbow came out with the sun halfway through the day and we were all amazed by it's beauty and somehow felt comforted in that moment. Hugs to you and your family.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 744

Post by sherelm »

Brandy, I'm glad your family all got peace.  Most of all, know your cousin is in God's hands finding the love and peace he couldn't find later in life in this world.  I don't think it's coincidence that you saw the sun come out and thought that, I've had little moments like that myself, most of all after losing my mom.  I know many many people love cardinals (the birds) but my mother took it to an extreme, even shoveling thru three feet of snow to feed them halfway down the yard.  We don't have many in our area, just a few here and there.  But whenever I have to go and sit for a bit just to relax because I'm stressed, in never fails, a cardinal doesn't fly by, but rather comes and hops near me.  My sister said "There's Mom." teasing me one time.  I said no.  I never think the bird is my mother, but more a sign from her thru God that it'll be ok.  And it always is. 
So those are precious moments, and take them for what they are - peace given to you.  Love you my friend.  You will have moments for a while until you come to terms with all of it.  Sad he died of the drugs, but it was as if a disease took him.  He just was past where he could have gotten help, and sounds like he had mental issues as a child, too.  Bless you and your family.
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

(((Brandi))) For what it's worth, I'm glad your family is finding peace and signs. I have never been good at this type of thing, and worse since my dad died because I know there really is nothing to say. Having said that - I am thinking of you and praying for all of your family - you guys seem really close and I am glad you have that <3. I believe there are signs all around us in however we are able to see them. After my dad passed away, the bed frame that we've had for 20 years broke on Christmas Eve (but luckily the presents were not in their usual hiding spot, under the bed, because I couldn't find a box that would fit. Then Aisling fell on the ice on a school skating trip (this was planned for the day of his funeral and we didn't have the heart to make her miss it and we had to leave early and like I said, I am not good with this type of thing and he knows it), and we also found out that Anthony got accepted to his 1st choice school...other people might not see these as signs but I know my dad was trying to distract me with all of these things. So be aware of anything around you that speaks of your cousin and it could be a sign. ImageImage

(and PS: I'm never in the mood to work but I also like getting paid lol)
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:(((Brandi))) For what it's worth, I'm glad your family is finding peace and signs. I have never been good at this type of thing, and worse since my dad died because I know there really is nothing to say. Having said that - I am thinking of you and praying for all of your family - you guys seem really close and I am glad you have that <3. I believe there are signs all around us in however we are able to see them. After my dad passed away, the bed frame that we've had for 20 years broke on Christmas Eve (but luckily the presents were not in their usual hiding spot, under the bed, because I couldn't find a box that would fit. Then Aisling fell on the ice on a school skating trip (this was planned for the day of his funeral and we didn't have the heart to make her miss it and we had to leave early and like I said, I am not good with this type of thing and he knows it), and we also found out that Anthony got accepted to his 1st choice school...other people might not see these as signs but I know my dad was trying to distract me with all of these things. So be aware of anything around you that speaks of your cousin and it could be a sign. ImageImage

(and PS: I'm never in the mood to work but I also like getting paid lol)

Thank you Anne-Marie. And continuous hugs to you as well.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”