Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

UPDATE - We don't always get the best cancer news
I'm having some trouble eating, which has been great for my weight loss plan, but it's certainly not the way I intended to lose weight. Food is getting caught in my chest area when I swallow. Sometimes even water gets caught. I haven't been able to eat a full dinner for several weeks now and I'm having a lot of indigestion. I was the doc (what a nice man!). I am having an endoscopy tomorrow morning. He told me it could be a stricture, low motility from taking morphine, a pouch, an infection or the dreaded C word. I will be put out, but I'm nervous. Just hoping for a couple of prayers to add to my own that it will be easy and the results will be repairable. Thank you kindly.

2/22/17  Ok - test was easy like you ladies said. Unfortunately, he found a tumor in my esophagus and he took a biopsy. He was the Chief of Endo at our local hospital and I do trust him. He believes it's cancer. He did a lot of blood work after and the sent me for a CT scan. He said he had trouble inserting the scope. He told my husband that he doubted it was stage 1, he thinks 2 or 3.He told me I'd have the results and stage in 5 days (either tomorrow or Monday). He called tonight, telling me there are no no tumors seen in my liver or my lungs - for which I am very grateful.He said no other tumors were noted except the one in my esophagus, but that a few lymph nodes were larger than expected. I'm kind of numb right now. I cried some earlier and so did my husband, my son that lives with me, my grandson's mom and my stepson. My older son told me not to think it's cancer until the biopsy comes in. The doctor seems so sure of it though.Thank you to each of you that took the time to write to me. (hugs)

End of February till now. 5 days in the hospital got new feeding tube installed and "pump me up: cause can't swallow food or water now. Waiting for MRI results to determine if stage 3 or 4. Pretty millwright now. carry barf bags at all times & What goes down, must come up... First chemo - can you believe it? - This Friday. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

57Diana

Cherry Bomb

Re: Ok, now it's my turn for health problems
I am so sorry to hear about this.  But if it helps, my husband was recently experiencing the same thing.  He's taken all the tests too and found out that his esophogus has narrowed and it schedule for a ballooning treatment in a week to stretch the area.  We were very scared too.  So, hopefully, your esophogus just needs stretched.  Will keep you in our prayers.
An expert at anything was once a beginner!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Sandy I hope all goes well and the news is that it is something repairable! Many hugs that it all turns out to be ok!

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Oh goodness Sandy! Praying everything goes okay for you tomorrow! You will be in my thoughts
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Sandy - I will definitely be praying and sending positive thoughts your way. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

57Diana wrote:I am so sorry to hear about this.  But if it helps, my husband was recently experiencing the same thing.  He's taken all the tests too and found out that his esophogus has narrowed and it schedule for a ballooning treatment in a week to stretch the area.  We were very scared too.  So, hopefully, your esophogus just needs stretched.  Will keep you in our prayers.
Diana, my husband had this problem about 5 yrs. ago and had this procedure. Hasn't had any problems since. 

Sandy, will keep good thoughts and saying lots of prayers. Big Hugs too!
Image Image ImageImage

mommyribs

Cherry Berry

Sandy, so sorry to hear this...will absolutely be sending good thoughts your way and praying all will be well!  (((hugs!)))
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Have a "magical" day

lmcgill

Cherry Bing

Sending hugs  and prayers your way.

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Will be praying for you,  Sandy, that all the tests go well, and that the problem is easily fixed!
Kim

Image Image  

Linda L

Cherry Bomb

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Prayers for you!
Rebecca

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Good luck to you. Please keep us all updated on what you find out. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you!
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

beachlover

Cherry Addict

keeping you in my prayers!  the endoscopy is not bad at all; I have had several due to intestinal issues...  you get an IV, go to sleep and it is only about  a 20 minute procedure.  I have even had biopsies taken and do not feel it after.  Sometimes a bit nausea after, mostly from the anesthesia, but drinking lots of water will help.  I am hoping its nothing serious...  did they already rule out gall bladder? 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Hope it's just a hernia, esophageal reflux, etc., and WHY do they always have to throw out the "C" word????  OMG.  I'm sure it's going to end up a benign stricture of some type, but you get my prayers!!  That's what we are here for - to support each other. 
Let us know how you make out!!

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

I'm so sorry that you are going through this Sandy. I'm Praying for you and hope all goes well. (((((HUGS))))) SherrieLynne

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Sending prayers to you and the medical team doing the scope.   I hade one of those done several years ago.  Please keep us posted.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Prayers!!  I hope they find a solution and you get well soon!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

jlparkmark

Sweet Cherry Pie

Poor thing! Hang in there! Sending you hugs and prayers!

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Prayers lifted for peace for you, and an outcome that will be an easy "fix". Please keep us posted! Hugs to you!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Berta R.

Cherry Bing

Oh Sandy, that is so scary!  I will keep you in my prayers, too!  (((Hugs)))
***Berta***

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee