Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Passing Out Candy?
Do you pass out candy to the Trick-Or-Treaters?  If so, what are you giving out this year?

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Re: Passing Out Candy?
We are handing out candy this year.  For us, it's hit or miss depending on plans. 

We are giving out M&M's, Nestle Crunch and Skittles.  Image
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

meljustcole

Cherry Picker

I live on a short dirt road and no kids live on the road, so no passing out candy for me.  Years ago when my son was younger all his friends would come by and I'd give out little treat bags.  One year I made 2X2 inch cards with a hole on the front that showed a gummy eyeball....that was a big hit!!!!   

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

In our previous house, we had zero kids come down our street in the last 5 yrs . This yr, though, we will, since we are in a new neighborhhood. We are buying the good stuff, snickers, milky way, twix. Fun size
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

mommyribs

Cherry Berry

I still have to go buy some....so not sure yet what we are giving out!  LOL!  Will be fun to see how things are in our new neighborhood...excited to take our littlest guy out too!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Have a "magical" day

Scrap Bug

Cherry Bomb

Yes we do.  Our neighborhood is crammed packed full of tot'ers and we always run out no matter how much we anticipate.  Good thing because I don't want to be tempted, although I always put a "little" bit aside.  LOL  Dh bought the candy this year and I think he got various candy bars.  I'm not a candy bar fan at all.  I like the little fruity stuff.  He got tootsie pops for me b/c he knows I like them, but he didn't get smarties which are my favorite.  He said he could only find a $20 bag with them?  Really? 
Melissa

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

We live on a dirt road out in the country, so no trick or treaters here.
Kim

Image Image  

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

we don\t get any our way either. i do miss seeing them all dressed up and adorabley excited tho!
 Karrie

debamas

Wild Cherry

Yes, we do and I buy an assortment. This year I made goodie bags, at least one "good" kind like Snickers, Milky Way, some cheaper type like sours, twizlers, or smarties, etc in each. Thought this way, I can get a better idea of how many kids we do have. Plus for the little ones, I have mini bags of goldfish, pretzels and cookies. 120 bags plus...hope I see lots of little monsters tomorrow. ImageImage
Debbie

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Sadly, there are no Trick-or-Treaters in our neighborhood.  I miss having the kids come to the door.  But, our house is so far off the street they would skip us anyhow.  DD does not T-or-T anymore, but she volunteered to be a Zombie at the Dark Knights Terror Trail Wed/Fri this week.  She will also Cosplay for the Comic Convention they are having in Columbia today. 
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

jnet

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yes.  We only get about twenty kids though.  We haven't bought the candy yet for fear we'd eat it!  We'll buy Reese's Peanut Butter cups, Mounds, Starbursts, Hershey bars, etc.  I usually buy a little gift for the two or three kids that I know in the neighborhood too.
Jeannette

anazelia

Cherry Cola

we always buy candy- usually a mixed bag- but we rarely get treaters.  plus having two trick or treat age kids we are out trick or treating ourselves. 

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

We live in the middle of nowhere - so we haven't had trick or treaters in the almost 5 years we've lived here. I did buy some candy just in case we were to get some.  Twix, Reese's Cups, and Kit Kats.   In our old neighborhood, we would have about 20 or so trick or treaters.  I used to make goodie bags with things like crayons (get them when they are on sale for back to school - 20 cents a box for 24 count), glow sticks, candy... It was fun to see them all dressed up!
Rebecca

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

I don't usually get any trick-or-treaters but I still bought candy just in case.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

beachlover

Cherry Addict

yes, and this year we have Reese Cups, M&M's, Smarties and Nestle Crunch bars
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

ernstem

Cherry Cola

We don't hand out candy because DH and I take our boys out trick-or-treating. But this won't last more than another year or two. We order pizza when we get home and pull out the fire pit to the driveway along with neighbors.

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

We don't pass out candy, but we live just on the outskirts of down town, in a small town. So we never really get trick o' treaters. We have an 8 and 12 yr old one ourselves though and we visit Grandparents houses and a few houses in their Grandparents older, a bit larger town.
- Jillian

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

out first Halloween in our new neighborhood and we live in a cul de sac so we have over 300 pieces of assorted awesome candy bars like snickers, heath, m&m etc.  Seems like it's going to be big here since someone (I' m assuming the City) put up signs about no parking by order of police.  Kind of excited.  Last year in NM we had one treater and all I had was a fiber one bar to give them.  

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have an assortment.  I make bags up so that I know how many kids I get.   I made up about 12 for those "special treaters" on my list....  Now that my kids are older....I miss the little ones! 

Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

We do!!! We just started up last year for the first time in about 6 years. At our old house, we didn't have any kids come by. But last year was the first Halloween in our new house and we knew that there were kids in the neighborhood. So we bought candy to pass out. It's a good thing we did.....we had over 100 kids. DH likes to count them and keep track. Then him and his buddy call each other a few times during the evening to "compare notes". It is so much fun.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee