Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Update on my Hubby REALLY GREAT NEWS!!!
He definitely had a small stroke.  He is still in he hospital tonight but will be released and transferred to a rehab facility tomorrow.  Grateful that it is probably the best in the Philadelphia area.  He has improved so much and I am so proud of him.  They will likely keep him 7 to 10 days but we are hoping for a shorter stay due to his improvement.

Tonight I had a total breakdown with the staff. He had ordered dinner to be delivered at 6:00.  By 6:20 dinner was still not delivered.  We called down and said his dinner was on the way up.  By 6:40 still no dinner and called and got a recording that the Room Service was closed (they close at 6:30).  I started going to anyone that would listen to me that my husband is diabetic and needs FOOD.  They said there was some kind of problem but it would be delivered shortly.   By 7:15 I went to the cafeteria and bought him a turkey sandwich and some yogurt.  Everyone was very apologetic but I was extremely upset.  So I finally left the hospital a few minutes before 8:00, came home, grabbed something to eat, threw in laundry and packing him a suitcase for his stay at the rehab center.  I worked for most of the day today and plan to go into work extra early tomorrow.  Needless to say, I am totally exhausted but I will do anything for my man!!! 

Thanks again to everyone for their prayers, kind words and support.  ACOT members are the very best people out there!!!  Image
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

Re: Update on my Hubby
Thanks for the update.  I am glad he is doing well enough to move on to rehab and that it's some place great.  That sucks about dinner and I can totally see myself losing it in the same situation.  At least the cafeteria was open. I hope you get a chance to get some time to unwind and some good sleep.  I know it's easier said than done, but make sure you take care of yourself too.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Thank you for the update Chris. So sorry to hear about the issue with the food. At least you were able to get something for him. I hope he continues to improve, and rehab is short. Take care of yourself too. Get some rest.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Kache

Cherry Tart

I hope he continues to improve and the trip to rehab is a smooth one!
~Krystn

Celticrose

Cherry Bing

Glad to hear he is doing better.  I hope his recovery is quick.
ImageImageImage

jnet

Sweet Cherry Pie

Thank you for the update.  I hope you both get some rest and that the rest of his rehab is smooth sailing.
Jeannette

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I'm so glad to hear that he is improving. I will continue to pray for both of you.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

{{{{HUGS}}}}

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Thanks for the update - so glad to hear he is doing better!  Prayers for a full recovery for your dh and strength for you to make it through!Image
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

I was out of town on Saturday and missed the first post.  I am glad to hear that he is doing better and please keep us updated.  Sending prayers for you both.
 Image ImageImage

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

Appreciate the update. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your DH.  Be sure to file a formal complaint with the hospital.  Being a diabetic myself I can relate to the food issue. I am grateful you were able to get something for him to eat.  (((Hugs)))
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Happy to hear that he is improving - hope he is home in record time. I can relate to the food issue too - hopefully it will not happen again.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

debamas

Wild Cherry

So glad it was a small one and he's doing much better. Hopefully rehab will have him back to normal quickly. Strange about the dinner issue as you'd think knowing he's diabetic, something would be available for him even to hold him till dinner came and at least the nurse checking into the situation. I'd be upset too. Good for you looking after him even if you did have to get something yourself. At least you know he's OK. Hopefully hubs will listen to you if ever needed again about seeing a doc too. Right? Can't rub it in, of course, but maybe he has learned some things can be serious and better to check it out just in case. Hang in there, he'll be home in no time.
Debbie

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Good on you.  I fought with the medical staff both at hospital and rehab facility nearly daily.  I knew more about him and his health than any of them and how he would react to various meds they kept piling on!  You keep on them to take the best care of him possible.  Fingers crossed all goes well.

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Glad to hear he's doing better, Chris! Will keep him in my prayers for continued improvement. That's terrible about the food though. I've also had to deal with that when my Mom was in the hospital and also when I was in the hospital one time. My DH went and bought something from the cafeteria. Sending you lots of hugs!
Image Image ImageImage

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Prayers for you and your hubby!!!
SUS ImageImageImage

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

So glad that he is showing improvement!  Hopefully, he will do well at the rehab center and can be released sooner!  I'm sure that he would feel more comfortable in his own surroundings.  Saying a prayer for you both!
Rebecca

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Glad to hear that he's being released from the hospital, and glad he is going to the best rehab place in your area.  Hope he's back home soon!  Will keep you both in my prayers.
Kim

Image Image  

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Oh, man.  Be vigilant with your DH at any hospital stay.  Thanks for updating us on his condition.  Praying he has an easy/speedy recovery.  

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Be strong.  sorry to hear of the dinner problem.  Extra stress you do not need right now!  
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee