Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

2015 Secret Sister Information and SIGN UP Post
Here is the information for Secret Sister 2015.  Please feel free to ask any questions you might have on this post.  Also, this is THE sign up post - so if you are interested in participating, please sign up here and I will pm you to get additional information.

Sign ups will close on December 19 at NOON and I will hopefully have the information for your secret sister out to you by December 21!

Welcome to Secret Sister 2015!! I hope that this will be a fun year for all of us. In order for that to happen, please remember the following rules:

1) Mail your ss a goody (about $3-$5) each month. Please make sure that she receives it during the intended month, not the following month.

2) Mail your ss a little extra (about $7-$10) for her birthday and anniversary/special date, as well as for the Christmas reveal (at least $15). Some people do go above this amount. Whatever you choose to do is fine, as long as you spend the minimum, and send something EVERY month. Please don't send a larger amount to cover the whole year. It's more fun to receive a little goody each month.  Please remember that for the Christmas reveal, that you are to shop for your girl.  Gift cards/certificates are ok occasionally - but they sometimes seem impersonal and that's not the point of secret sisters.  Make sure that your girl knows that you shopped and care for her!

3) If, for any reason, you can't get a goody to your ss by the end of the month LET ME KNOW. Communication is very important with ss, and can make the year go better for everybody. We have a list of Secret Sister Angels that are willing to help out whenever needed, so do not hesitate to tell me. Why do this? Because...

4) If your ss does not receive a goody for any 2 given months (not necessarily 2 months in a row), with no communication to your team leader, you will be replaced.  So, no hard feelings, but we have to make sure it's enjoyable for everybody. It's good to check your pm's often, as I try to send reminders. But remember -- this is your responsibility.

5) Remember that this is a year-long commitment, and the idea is for it to be 'SECRET'. One way to do that, is to send goodies to me to be forwarded. Package the goodies as you normally would, including address and postage, and put in a larger envelope addressed to me. If you decide to do it this way, please make sure that you take the packages to the post office to be weighed.  It is also a good idea to have my zip code as the sending zip code when you weigh for postage. Some girls like to send me a few months at a time, which I will send out at the beginning of the correct month. Please write the month you intend it to go out somewhere on the envelope. Little notes to your ss are always appreciated by them, but not necessary. If you choose to mail it directly -- just remember that even if your ss does not know you now, she might be a friend within the year and have you figured out. Try to remain anonymous!!

6) Check NOW to make sure your bio is updated, and includes your birthdate as well as anniversary or other important date. Please include whether you paper scrap, digi scrap or a combination of both.  If you digi scrap, it might not be a bad idea to list some other places you shop for digi items.  Also include things that you will be working on in the future/items you like or don't like (scrappy and non-scrappy), etc.  Don't forget to fill up your wishlist too. The more information you give your girl, the happier you will be with the goodies she sends. When the sign ups are over, I will make several posts in the Secret Sister forum that will have questions so that your secret sister can "get to know you" a little better.   Make sure that you copy and paste these into a new post and then answer them.

7) Make sure that you send your girl something that she will use. READ her bio, and look at her wishlist! (for example, don't send 'dress up' stickers to somebody that only has boys). Again, it is much more fun when you receive something you can use.

8). Non-scrapbook or homemade stuff is fine, as long as it is in addition to the goody.

9) If you have any questions now, or ever, pm me! Did I mention the importance of communication? 10) Also - don't forget to post a thank you each and every month on the appropriate thread on the message board.  There were several girls who lost interest because they never received a thank you!!

2015 Participants
anazelia
Art_Teacher
Christi S
CraftyShannon
DN in MN
karensay
kate W.
lesmitch
love2stamp
Monroe1218
Niki
ratgirl
Sandi0805
scrapsteph
SherrieLynne
Shutterbug
writerlady

Rebecca

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Re: 2015 Secret Sister Information and SIGN UP Post
Sign me up! :)  I can't believe it has been a year, already.  lol
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Count me in again! Love being d o n k e y :)
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

ratgirl

Sweet Cherry Pie

Me too! I've had a blast being a secret sister for the first time this year. I can't *wait* to see who I get to spoil in 2015! :)

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

I am in again!

***Tanya***

lesmitch

Cherry Bing

I'm in again
 ImageImageImageImageImage

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

I'm in again this year :)
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

Please sign me up.

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

BTT for more sign ups!
Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Sending back to the top....
Rebecca

scrapsteph

Cherry Berry

I would like to play: sign me up
Stephanie

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Please join us - it's SO much fun!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

anazelia

Cherry Cola

I would like to sign up again also.  thanks for organizing.

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Come join the fun!!
Rebecca

kate W.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Oh, goody!!!  I missed the sign up last year by just a couple weeks and have been waiting impatiently to participate. Sign me up please!
2014 Totals 51 layouts
8 cards

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

I have so much fun with this.  Please sign me up again.
 Image ImageImage

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I would like to play this year!  (newbie)

OK, I just checked my BIO and I have a big blank.  Is there a blank one somewhere that I can fill out?  I think I noticed Mildred had a pretty good one, gave lots of information....
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

12 more days to sign up!!
Rebecca

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I would like to play again this year!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image