One W - 1112

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

One W - 1112

Post by Flasher »

When is your main, traditional Christmas Dinner?  Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, another time?
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Re: One W - 1112

Post by Flasher »

Our main big dinner is Christmas Eve.   When all of the elder grandparents were alive, they always insisted the big dinner be held New Year's Day . . . although they never really told us why!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

We do not have any set traditional Christmas Dinner.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Our main traditional meal is Christmas day dinner (either turkey or ham with all the fixings) but we have "traditions" for the Christmas Eve pizza (seriously!)....this started as a joke and became a "thing".  I remember growing up and (let's just say my mother was always taken by surprise that Christmas eve was 12/24 every year!!). Sometimes we wouldn't even have the tree up yet and ended up getting pizza for dinner. Which as a kid, no biggie, pizza is always great. When we got married and had kids...well it seemed easier to keep this "tradition" because who's in the 4pm Christmas pageant at church and we have to call Norad to see where Santa is and get to bed really early LOL. So pizza is the traditional Christmas Eve dinner! And we always have to have cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast. DH's family used to do the Italian Feast of the 7 Fishes on Christmas eve but poor MIL would have to make chicken for all the grandchildren who wouldn't eat fish...then I joined the family and ate w/ the grandchildren LOL! (I'm 11 years older than the oldest grandchild yet 18 years younger than Dh's oldest brother).
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

Christmas Day and I usually host it. Christmas Eve my mom hosts her traditional Christmas Eve feast.

Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

Christmas Day, with my parents', brother, sis in law.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

For us, the biggest and the best is always the Saturday after Christmas.
~Sarah~
Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

Post by Scrap Bug »

Christmas Day.
Melissa
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1744

Post by beachlover »

Christmas Day, mid-day
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

Both.  In-laws do it on Christmas Eve.  My family does it Christmas Day.
- Valerie/stateless
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5433

Post by Deanna13 »

It's whenever we have our Christmas get together with our kids and all the grandkids. Often it's not on Christmas Day as there is travel time for 2 of the families and we would prefer they just enjoy the day together at their homes instead of traveling.

Also, DIL always has to go to her Mom's on the actual holiday and it's over an hour then to our house.
Image Image ImageImage
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

It really depends! Our family, meaning DH and me and the kids, is usually cinnamon rolls and some kind of pasta dish on Christmas itself. But the big family dinner, with brothers and nieces and nephews and such, has usually become the Saturday or Sunday after Christmas. We went to that probably at least 15 years ago, so that those with little kids didn't have to say "Ok kids, hurry and open your gifts because we have to go." I always had an almost 3 hour drive, so that was tough. Now it's more relaxed and we can enjoy each other's company more.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

We do big dinners both days but somehow over the years DH's family has all started coming here on Christmas Eve for a big  prime rib dinner.  Not a lot of us left in the area anymore but as the wandering kids roll in from around the country,  they all are looking forward to dinner with their sibs and cousins and catching up on Christnas Eve here.  They come early and stay late. I take probably hundreds of pix.  Then on Christmas Day it is usually just DH, our sons and me for traditional turkey dinner.  
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

Christmas Day. 

Love making a huge dinner!
 But I want a couple hours between dinner and dessert. 
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

I try for Christmas Day, but sadly when family is scattered, I do it when I can. As close as possible.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

We have our main Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve with my family. There are over 30 of us. We have tons of food, but do sandwiches: ham, roast beef and turkey. Lots of desserts and sweets. Then after dinner Santa arrives and everyone sits on his lap and gets a gift.

Our traditional dinner is on Christmas day with just DH and I and our kids and so far one son-in-law and a granddaughter and grandson.

Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

kinda depends; can be both day's - 12/24 & 12/25.  
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

Both days - Christmas eve is always a seafood dinner (feast of the 7 fishes) and we get Christmas pj's, Christmas day we usually spend the entire day together as a family and have a bunch of appetizers and a big dinner
Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 131

Post by Wheeliegirl »

Christmas Day.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

DH's family does a big Christmas Eve, and my family is usually big on Christmas Day

Return to “General Talk”