Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Flasher

Cherry Crush

One W - 1103
What is the worst gift you've ever received?
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Re: One W - 1103
Sadly, I've gotten a lot of bad gifts.  But the worst was little hotel soaps, bottles of shampoo and a shower cap from a hotel . . . from my in-laws. 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Its been a while...but DH and I got each of his aunts a nice basket filled with scented soaps, candles, etc. The following year, one of his aunts gave that to ME!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

beachlover

Cherry Addict

a Chia pet --  and not just that it was the worst gift, but that it was from the guy I was dating at the time!  I think he waited till Christmas Eve and ran in a drug store and bought a bunch of crap!  I also got fuzzy socks and I don't remember what else but it was awful!  He was a loser anyway!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

A really high neckline sweater from a child I tutored.  I have a thyroid condition and have not worn any kind of clothing up around my neck for years and years.  It just chokes me but this lovely boy got his mom to buy me a nice (and expensive) sweater with a close high neckline.  I HAD to wear it at least once or twice since I saw the child daily (he was about 14 at the time and noticed).  lol 

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

An acrylic baby blue sweater.   You know - the type that Mama (Vicki Lawrence) wouldn't wear because it's too tacky. 

Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

After my son was born, my mother gave me a pair of Gap pants, size Medium. Like teenage girl size Medium. Prepregancy, I wasn't even size Medium. Oh and I had a c-section so...really??? Size Medium?
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

The first birthday I had after my parents divorced, they each got me a bedding set.  Comforters, pillow shams, sheets...  Both were equally awful.  Returned them both and got something I picked myself.  It was equally awful, but neither of them won.
~Sarah~

Ayla

Cherry Addict

The first year I was married to my first husband, his mother gave me a box of Kleenex and a pair of petite-to-medium pantyhose. That deserves the explanation that she was living in a kind of assisted living facility and later was diagnosed with schizophrenia (which I had told the hubby she had but he totally rejected the notion) and I'm sure that was what she had to give. I just always thought it was funny because I have never been anywhere near a petite-to-medium girl!

But the worst gift I ever got from a non-mentally-impaired person was one year at our family gathering. We used to draw names for each other as adults as we have a large family and it's prohibitive for everyone to buy for everyone. I was in my last year of nursing school and money was tight, but I had saved and planned and bought a really nice gift for my brother. Another brother's wife had a reputation for giving chintzy gifts. As we never revealed whose names we had drawn, I didn't know going to the family gathering that year who had drawn my name. I had the weirdest feeling driving to the gathering that Carrie (that sister in law) had drawn my name. Turns out....I was right. And when the time came to open my gift, it was a very small, quite ugly dried flower arrangement in a little cheap tin box. The entire thing fit into the palm of my hand. As I wasn't dating anyone and didn't have any other family, that was my only Christmas gift for the entire holiday. I was hurt. I don't believe that it takes a lot of money to give a thoughtful gift, but that item was so totally out of my style that it went back into the box it came in and never came out again until I threw in in the trash when I moved out of the dorms.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

A set of used, dried up nailpolish when I was little from my one grandma (not to sound ungrateful, but she always seemed to get my siblings and I the worst gifts and I would've just prefered time together instead of a gift)

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

A jar of olives - I wish I could say it was a gag gift but it wasn't! Image
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Since I can't really remember a specific gift standing out there probably isn't one.  I can say I HATE baskets of toiletries though because they are always scents I do not like unless Lynn puts one together...but it is a given we know what each other loves.  My MIL never really has understood what I really like so the gifts she has given me are oddities for me.  I have always been very gracious though.  When Larry's grandmother passed away my MIL took over making Ma's Spiced Tea Mix as her Christmas present and without a doubt it is my very favorite Christmas present for the last 28 years!  This year will be 29 and I cannot wait!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee