Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I know this will shock you....
....but I almost wish ACOT would do away with getting cherries for making comments on gallery submissions. I was online about 1:30 am, so everything was clear at that time. I signed in a few minutes ago, to 91 new notifications, and only 4 of them were for recent work! Yup, Carol p is at it again. Whole bunch of one word comments from stuff I posted over 4 years ago. I didn't even read most of them. Sigh.......
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

Re: I know this will shock you....
I'm at the point now where I don't use the notifications, I hit "clear all" because its so excessive. I go back every week and look over that weeks submissions to see any love cherries have left me now. Its a great part of my week and I don't have to see an insincere "cute" (because there are sincere "cute" comments out there, I know and appreciate them!) 100 times.
- Jillian

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I agree with you, I got one the other day for my first layout ever posted and she also commented on a photo that no longer came up, only came up as an x. So clearly she's just writing without looking.

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

butterfly843 wrote:I agree with you, I got one the other day for my first layout ever posted and she also commented on a photo that no longer came up, only came up as an x. So clearly she's just writing without looking.

OK... I've heard some good ones re: this... but commenting on a no longer linked file? Oh my!
- Jillian

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

I agree! If I am going to be in the gallery giving love, it's because I want to, not for the points.
***Tanya***

debamas

Wild Cherry

Getting points for posting at least keeps us connected, interacting and bringing good business to ACOT. Ridiculous commenting like we are seeing just to give a person points doesn't do anything for us or ACOT!
Debbie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

debamas wrote:Getting points for posting at least keeps us connected, interacting and bringing good business to ACOT. Ridiculous commenting like we are seeing just to give a person points doesn't do anything for us or ACOT!
That's how I feel!

And I realized that she simply went back to the beginning of my gallery and started leaving comments. I had accidentally posted one layout twice, but left it because it had different comments. She actually commented on both. OK...'nuff said from me. 
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

shoorn

Cherry Cola

I like getting points for commenting but I only comment when I feel I have something to say. I usually just look at recent work.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I like leaving comments because I think everyone works very hard on their layouts, cards, projects and deserves some kind of notice.  I agree though that some people definitely take advantage of the "points", especially when they don't participate on the boards and/or upload any projects of their own. I wish there was a way for people that don't participate can't leave comments or receive points.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I just checked Carol P's numbers and she has 0 Galley Submissions, 11,776 Gallery Comments, 0 Forum Posts and 7,810 Product Reviews (which I am sure was before reviews were limited to products you actually purchased from ACOT).
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

I hear ya Nancy. I post comments to the gallery because I want to, I never do it for the points. It wouldn't bother me at all if the points for gallery comments were stopped. ACOT is so generous with giving out points and it really stinks that they and us Cherries are taken advantage of like that. 

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

emmapaige wrote:I just checked Carol P's numbers and she has 0 Galley Submissions, 11,776 Gallery Comments, 0 Forum Posts and 7,810 Product Reviews (which I am sure was before reviews were limited to products you actually purchased from ACOT).
It couldn't be more obvious.

ImageImage Image Image  

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Well when I want points, I hunt cherries.  Plain and simple.  When I see something in the gallery I really like, I comment (or write a book and call it a comment lol).  I do often go through the cards gallery and leave comments there more but I don't leave comments for folks with only gallery posts and nothing on the board.  I am an ACOT snob I guess.  lol     I would hate to see the points go in the gallery just because some greedy person finds that as a way to buy cheaper but as Doris Day sang,  "Que sera, sera"   

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I think they should go back to 200 hunted per day, (now I can only do 150), points for orders and uploading a layout, and for reviews if verified. As I see that name on so many reviews, all I can think is man, I wish I had all the stuff she claims to have purchased, lol. My scrappy room would be filled to the ceiling, lol. I am with you all on this, sad to see it abused when ACOT is so generous about it, 
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

I got hit over the weekend! Bluebird got me too! Very annoying!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

I will admit that I will look back into the gallery, but it is not for points (that is a nice bonus) but to actually look for inspiration and if I think it is a cool layout, I will leave a comment.  I don't mind if people leave comments on older stuff of mine either as long as it is sincere.  I'm not sure what the solution is.  A huge pet peeve of mine is punishing all to manage a few.  There are some sincere "cute" comments and we all know who means it and who doesn't.  I love to get feedback on my layouts, as I am sure most do and if someone gets a point for it...bonus!  But perhaps if there was a limit set on the number you could leave maybe that would discourage it some.  Who knows.  I wish there was an "ignore" function.  
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

emmapaige wrote:I just checked Carol P's numbers and she has 0 Galley Submissions, 11,776 Gallery Comments, 0 Forum Posts and 7,810 Product Reviews (which I am sure was before reviews were limited to products you actually purchased from ACOT).

You need to contact Kristin or Heidi and have them look into this cherry/number abuse. That is huge!!
SUS ImageImageImage

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

Well, I have a good one.  Carol P. got me twice for one layout.  And, it was back to back.  She must have forgotten that she had already said "CUTE" on that one.  I agree it is so annoying.  And there also is a bluebird and a Joanne G making the rounds.  They should just about have me finished by now as many as I have had.
 Image ImageImage

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

my gallery must be too small... lol.  
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

joannie wrote:I got hit over the weekend! Bluebird got me too! Very annoying!

Yep Bluebird got me too!!
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee