Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

So excited!!!
OK, a little background info...I was hired after graduation in May to develop a program for our  Women's and Children's hospital to work with kids/families who have traumatic and/or chronic injuries.  We assist families once they are home with navigating services, etc.  The program was initially funding by a professional football player (who I get to meet along with his whole family on Saturday).  

So THIS is what I am actually excited about...since our program is new, we have like zero budget.  We came up with the idea to have stuffed animals to give to the kids in our program that they can take with them since most of our kids have numerous medical appointments, hospitalizations, etc.  So I wrote a proposal for the $700 for the initial order of animals.  They were initially going to be bears, but the vendor didn't have any nice looking bears, so we went with beagles (which is near and dear to me since I have owned beagles for over 20 years now).  Today I got word that my proposal was funded!!!!  We get our beagles!!!  I am over the moon happy!  Developing a new program can be so much "hurry up and wait" and up until now we haven't seen a lot of forward progress.  This is the first tangible thing we have gotten so far.  

Thanks for letting me share my good news.  I'm pretty sure the people in the office next to me heard me screaming for joy! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage  I will make sure to take a picture of the beagles when they arrive and of course scrapbook this joyous event.  Who knew 3 years of grad school would be celebrated with stuffed beagles...but it makes it all totally worth it!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: So excited!!!
congratulations on getting the funding and the program moving forward~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

WTG Shannon.  And beagles might be less scary than bears anyhow.  lol  Wonderful

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

That's really wonderful! Congrats on the funding! Image
Image Image ImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

That is so awesome! So very happy for you!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

2boysma

Cherry Berry

1scrappymom wrote:OK, a little background info...I was hired after graduation in May to develop a program for our  Women's and Children's hospital to work with kids/families who have traumatic and/or chronic injuries.  We assist families once they are home with navigating services, etc.  The program was initially funding by a professional football player (who I get to meet along with his whole family on Saturday).  

So THIS is what I am actually excited about...since our program is new, we have like zero budget.  We came up with the idea to have stuffed animals to give to the kids in our program that they can take with them since most of our kids have numerous medical appointments, hospitalizations, etc.  So I wrote a proposal for the $700 for the initial order of animals.  They were initially going to be bears, but the vendor didn't have any nice looking bears, so we went with beagles (which is near and dear to me since I have owned beagles for over 20 years now).  Today I got word that my proposal was funded!!!!  We get our beagles!!!  I am over the moon happy!  Developing a new program can be so much "hurry up and wait" and up until now we haven't seen a lot of forward progress.  This is the first tangible thing we have gotten so far.  

Thanks for letting me share my good news.  I'm pretty sure the people in the office next to me heard me screaming for joy! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage  I will make sure to take a picture of the beagles when they arrive and of course scrapbook this joyous event.  Who knew 3 years of grad school would be celebrated with stuffed beagles...but it makes it all totally worth it!

Woo hoo, Shannon!!!!  SOOOO proud of you!  What a marvelous, encouraging impact you will have on these families.  Congratulations!  Keep up the visioning and hard work and you will see many wonderful things happening.  

Jeanne

cort

Cherry Bing

Congrats...and if you are excited about beagles...imagine how excited all the kids getting one are going to be!  Love happy stories!
ImageImage

Morris4

Cherry Picker

Congrats!
----------------------------

Blog: http://myordinarylifemorrisway.blogspot.com/

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

That is wonderful!
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Congratulations. That is awesome!!

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Great news!
Bibi

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators