Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Hmmm...name changes?
In reference to a previous post about spammers in the gallery, does anyone else think Carol P. has changed to Joanne G.?  lol  Got home from my weekend to about 20 gallery posts that all say the same thing..."very pretty" and was expecting to see a certain name but the poster's name has changed!  No forum posts or introduction here on the message board, but about 280 gallery comments.  Image
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Hmmm...name changes?
You have a point.  I had lots of "very cute" posts from Carol P.  She had lots of gallery comments and product reviews.  Haven't seen Joanne G. yet.  So weird.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Lol! I think this is her third name change. Cause she used to post as someone else a while back!
ImageImage 

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I've also had both of those names commenting. Image

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

Me too.  I can't help but think that's a lot of work to get some cherries.  Image  

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Ha!  I thought the same thing, but I've seen comments recently by Carol, too.  So, it must be a new one!
Kim

Image Image  

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

average_kim wrote:Ha!  I thought the same thing, but I've seen comments recently by Carol, too.  So, it must be a new one!
I just figured she got another email address and a new name so she can get double the points. :( 
Laura

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I noticed that also. Guess she signed up under another email.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I noticed that too...I had a few comments on old stuff from Joanne G today.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

I haven't noticed alot of comments from any 1 person lately.  I have to admit I am looking at older layouts in the gallery to get my points too as I'm pretty caught up commenting on everything except the most recent couple of pages. Image
Image Image ImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Deanna13 wrote:I haven't noticed alot of comments from any 1 person lately.  I have to admit I am looking at older layouts in the gallery to get my points too as I'm pretty caught up commenting on everything except the most recent couple of pages. Image
Umm...yeah, Deanna, but you post more than "very pretty" and you actually have many forum posts! ;)
Laura

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Art_Teacher wrote:
Deanna13 wrote:I haven't noticed alot of comments from any 1 person lately.  I have to admit I am looking at older layouts in the gallery to get my points too as I'm pretty caught up commenting on everything except the most recent couple of pages. Image
Umm...yeah, Deanna, but you post more than "very pretty" and you actually have many forum posts! ;)

Yes, I know what you mean. Image
Image Image ImageImage

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I had 28  of the very same comment all on the same day from the same person a couple weeks ago and it was "lovely"!!!
ImageImage 

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

scrapy1967 wrote:I had 28  of the very same comment all on the same day from the same person a couple weeks ago and it was "lovely"!!!
This just makes me mad.  If they keep it up ACOT may decide to take away points for gallery comments... :(
Laura

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I just checked my recent gallery layouts and Carol P commented on them all. I try to comment on most of the gallery submissions. Yes, I like the I points but I also like to give encouraging comments!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

emmapaige wrote:I just checked my recent gallery layouts and Carol P commented on them all. I try to comment on most of the gallery submissions. Yes, I like the I points but I also like to give encouraging comments!
:)
Laura

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I too have seen that. The points are nice, I understand that, but when I read a comment in my gallery, I like feeling like someone has really taken the time to look at the layout.A generic comment does nothing for me, especially when there are so many of them. I truly hope it does not make ACOT consider removing the point system they have for it.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

When I see like 20 comments from the same person,  i don't even read them, I just clear them cuz they're all basically the same comment. Image

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

sarahwhithers wrote:When I see like 20 comments from the same person,  i don't even read them, I just clear them cuz they're all basically the same comment. Image

And quite spam-ish.  Image

kate W.

Sweet Cherry Pie

I noticed that as well. I was gone for three days & logged in last night to find all the same one word comment by the same name on a bunch of my lo's. I'm mot going to knock someone for leaving a one word comment because I know sometimes we get busy & one word is all we have time for; however , when the one word comment is "Cute" and my page is anything but "cute" it gets me slightly annoyed. I saw one awhile back-can't remember who's lo it was-but it was actually a lo of a sad situation. I saw the "cute" or "lovely" comment & thought "did this person even look at the lo and see that it was a sad lo"? I tend to scroll through the gallery & look for lo's by those I recognize from here on the MB. I very rarely if ever leave a one word comment. I like to really look at Everyone's lo's and pick out certain parts I like i.e.  technique, layering, clusters,  embellies, etc. & praise that person for whatever element I thought was really good. I use people's comments as a way to know what techniques I've done that others find appealing and then I use those techniques again or improve them.
2014 Totals 51 layouts
8 cards

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee