Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

My Sweet Boomer
My baby has gone to Rainbow Bridge. On Friday he was fine, other than his mobility issues, which really weren't too bad. He was out in the yard with us and Twinkie was in her pool and he was on the patio, a real happy boy. Saturday morning he was not good at all. He couldn't get up at all, and he wouldn't eat his breakfast. That was what set off the alarms. He couldn't get comfortable and we thought that his spine and back leg issues must have gotten worse. I gave him his pain killer and although his face looked a bit better his mobility didn't get any better. I stayed with him all night and by that point we knew something was terribly wrong. We took him to our vet Sunday morning with heavy hearts because we knew we were about to lose him. We had to get our son-in-law to pick him up to get him in the car. Our vet was pretty sure what it was right away, as the rims of Boomie's eyes were no longer red, they were white. So were the insides of his ears and his tongue was also pale. He said he was bleeding internally, and he did an ultrasound and Boomie's abdomen was filled with blood. It was from a cancer of the blood vessels, where they become a lump of vessels usually on the spleen and/or the liver and the blood keeps flowing through fine and there is no sign that it is even there. Then one day one of these lumps bursts, causing heavy internal bleeding. Our Boomie was bleeding out, and it was time to let him go peacefully. My heart is in so much pain right now, it has broken into a million little pieces. I miss my baby so much and I keep picturing him everywhere.

This is one of my last photos of him, which I took on Friday when we were all out in the yard. He was on the patio a happy boy, watching Twinkie running around with sticks and taking them in her pool.

My sweet boy. I miss him with all my heart.

ImageImage Image Image  

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

Re: My Sweet Boomer
Aw, Barb, I am so sorry. Image

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I'm sorry for the loss of your Boomer. 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

ImageImageImageBarb I am so so sorry...my heart is breaking too....what a sweet boy he was. I have always felt a close bond to him as my baby Bear looks so much like him....many many many hugs your way! Lady Lou will help him find Cider.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

OMG Barb, I am shocked and so, so sad. I know the heartache you must feel. What a beautiful sweet dog he was. To lose him so quickly is devastating I know. I can't believe it, so I can only imagine how you feel. Thankfully yo were with him when he passed over to Rainbow Bridge. Big, big hugs to you. Boomer and Cider are together now, and I'm sure that Twinkie will be a big comfort to you in the coming days. 
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:ImageImageImageBarb I am so so sorry...my heart is breaking too....what a sweet boy he was. I have always felt a close bond to him as my baby Bear looks so much like him....many many many hugs your way! Lady Lou will help him find Cider.
Brandy I keep thinking that he and Cider are now together again. And he is with Lady and with Merlin. I just miss him so much and I just want to hug him and kiss him. I see him everywhere, and I just keep crying. I know you are going through the same thing too. It just hurts so bad.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

christinec68 wrote:Aw, Barb, I am so sorry. Image
Thank you so much Christine.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Laura wrote:I'm sorry for the loss of your Boomer. 
Thank you Laura.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

CherryTat wrote:OMG Barb, I am shocked and so, so sad. I know the heartache you must feel. What a beautiful sweet dog he was. To lose him so quickly is devastating I know. I can't believe it, so I can only imagine how you feel. Thankfully yo were with him when he passed over to Rainbow Bridge. Big, big hugs to you. Boomer and Cider are together now, and I'm sure that Twinkie will be a big comfort to you in the coming days. 
Thank you Darlene. Yes Twinkie and I spent a lot of quality time together today. She is missing him too as she loved him so much. My hearts aches for her too.

ImageImage Image Image  

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Oh my gosh, Barb!  It is so hard when they seem fine one day and in overnight there is something terribly wrong.  The shock is so hard to deal with.  I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.  It seems to be several cherries are having to go thru this right now.  BIG (((HUGS))) to you.  Be sure to give Twinkie extra loving as it will be hard on her, too.  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

sdwhru wrote:Oh my gosh, Barb!  It is so hard when they seem fine one day and in overnight there is something terribly wrong.  The shock is so hard to deal with.  I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.  It seems to be several cherries are having to go thru this right now.  BIG (((HUGS))) to you.  Be sure to give Twinkie extra loving as it will be hard on her, too.  
Yes I have been giving her a lot of love. We all have. Yes the shock is so hard to deal with. The only thing that I think is the most comforting part of this is that, at only a little two months shy of 14, he was healthy, had his hearing and his vision, and didn't suffer long. I am so grateful that he was with us for such a long time.

ImageImage Image Image  

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

Barb, I'm so sorry.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

Oh Barb, I am so sorry!!! Just know he is in a good place and has no more pain. He had a really good life. Sending you a BIG (((((HUG)))))

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Oh, Barb, I am so sorry.  The tear are flowing here, too, for you.  I did not have a good feeling about what you posted this weekend and I know you will miss him terribly.  I know that a sudden shock like this is horrible,  and I honestly don't know which is worse...to see them go down little by little or to have them doing well one day and gone the next.  Hugs to you.  Keep loving on Twinkie because I know it will make you both feel better.
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

ernstem

Cherry Cola

So sorry for your loss Barb! Hugs and positive thoughts sent your way.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

SherrieLynne wrote:Oh Barb, I am so sorry!!! Just know he is in a good place and has no more pain. He had a really good life. Sending you a BIG (((((HUG)))))
Thank you Sherrie Lynne. He did have a really good life and gave us so much love.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Art_Teacher wrote:Oh, Barb, I am so sorry.  The tear are flowing here, too, for you.  I did not have a good feeling about what you posted this weekend and I know you will miss him terribly.  I know that a sudden shock like this is horrible,  and I honestly don't know which is worse...to see them go down little by little or to have them doing well one day and gone the next.  Hugs to you.  Keep loving on Twinkie because I know it will make you both feel better.
Thank you Laura. We knew that at almost 14 he could start having all sorts of problems and that he most likely wouldn't be with us too much longer. We just didn't expect it overnight like that. So I know what you mean. And yes we are really loving on Twinkie.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

ernstem wrote:So sorry for your loss Barb! Hugs and positive thoughts sent your way.
Thank you Beth.

ImageImage Image Image  

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

BIG hugs Barb! I am so sorry for your loss! I am crying as I type this it hurts me too when a friend losses there beloved pet! Give miss Twinkie a hug and kiss from me,
ImageImage 

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

aww I am so sorry.  Hugs for you.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee