Party Planning Frustration

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 325

Party Planning Frustration

Post by Flasher »

So, my daughter's birthday is next month.  Ever since she was in kindergarten, she has asked for a theme that is non-existent.  It's a video game character from the Kirby series.  So, I figured since she's turning 18, she's graduated and she's driving . . . I would finally surprise her with it this year.  Since there is no merchandise to buy, everything has to be home made.  I thought it would be easy, but did you know the color "coral" is different at every freaking store you go to?  It's more of a red at some party stores, and more of a pink at others, and more of an orange at others.  UGH!  I've decided to buy a mixture of each store's "coral" and mix them up with each other.  I think it will work.  I'm just frustrated by so many versions of "coral".  Thanks for listening to me whine!!

This is the little creature I'm trying to plan around:

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 627

Re: Party Planning Frustration

Post by Berta R. »

Oh, I remember that little guy!  Good luck with your party preparations.  I totally know what you mean about the color variations...aaarrrggg!! 
***Berta***
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Would you believe I'm actually making a piñata of him?

Yep.  I'm crazy.  Image
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2347

Post by Art_Teacher »

You may win Mother of the Year award.  :)  Can't wait to see photos!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

I've decided to use one of those big blow-up punching balls for his form.  I'm worried about his feet, though. Image

PurpleGoddess
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 10

Post by PurpleGoddess »

Try making the feet out of orange cardboard and glue them to the bottom.
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

I'm sure it will be a wonderful party. A few years ago a friend wanted yellow and gray for her bridal shower and now of course I see it everywhere, but then was so tough I had to order a bunch of stuff online.
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

Party planning always start out great for me then it takes a very ugly turn and I swear I will never do it again. I always plan to take photos of my scrappy creations and of the party itself, but by the time the actual party arrives I'm in a bad mood and don't even pick up my camera. I'm over it by the time everyone arrives, lol Image
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

Laura...she will absolutely LOVE whatever you put together for her. This is SO sweet!!!!!!!! ImageImageImage
SUS ImageImageImage
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

OMG!!!  Mother of the Year definitely in order!  I know she will absolutely love all of your hard work and creativity!

Return to “General Talk”