Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

Summertime Menu
What is your favorite thing to cook/make in the summer? It is so hot out that all I would really love to do is eat sandwiches. My regular dinner items seem so heavy when it's hot out.  I need inspiration LOL
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Summertime Menu
My husband is the cook in the family and we all love when he makes pasta salads. Any kind of veggies, grilled ham or sausage, etc. He does all the cooking on Sundays and I heat things up and make the side dishes as we go along. So it's so easy to just pull out a cold pasta salad and put it out!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Lots of veggies cooked or raw. Love corn on the cob. I also make a lot of crock pot meals because it doesn't heat up the kitchen.

xmashall2

Cherry Picker

A half sandwich would do me.  My daughter made a recipe called "Ham Sliders".  It was absolutely delicious.  It's all over the internet.  I only do part of it, a King's Hawaiian roll, shaved turkey breast and a slice of swiss or provolone cheese.  Microwave for about 35-40 secs till the cheeses melt. Don't miss the mayo or the other extras it used.  This way its done fast with little effort and still tastes yummy.

Scrap Bug

Cherry Bomb

I'm not a good one to ask, b/c it is hot here most of the year so I just eat whatever I feel like no matter the season or temps.  AC is on all the time,so I don't notice extra heat when using the stove/etc.

With that said - a few meals that come to mind when I think of summer is #1 - salads.  Grilled chicken salads, Grilled salmon salad, taco salad, cobb salad, chef salad.  Ok - you get the idea.  LOL I also think of anything grilled, including vegetables like corn on the cob and different squashes, and kabobs.  Pasta salads and fruit on the side.  Maximize anything that's in season so you get the best price and flavor.
Melissa

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Grilled corn-on-the-cob, watermelon salad, pasta salad and grilled ham and pineapple kabobs!!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Kristie W.

Cherry Tart

One of our favorite summer meals is pasta salad and some type of meat on the grill. Several weeks ago we tried a new to us concept, cooking "packets" on the grill. This recipe called for sausage and various veggies.  We used peppers, onions and mushrooms.  Everything was quite tasty.  I need to tell DH to make some this weekend (he's the cook here lol)
My blog: My Paper Life

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

ksmile78 wrote:One of our favorite summer meals is pasta salad and some type of meat on the grill. Several weeks ago we tried a new to us concept, cooking "packets" on the grill. This recipe called for sausage and various veggies.  We used peppers, onions and mushrooms.  Everything was quite tasty.  I need to tell DH to make some this weekend (he's the cook here lol)
Kristie, we make something similar to your packets! We call "hobos". Smoked sausage, onion, bell peppers. sliced potatoes, alittle margarine.butter, salt and pepper!! And it's wrapped in aluminum foil(sprayed with cooking spray) and cooked on the grill!!! YUMMY!!! WE also like chicken stir fry, tacos, and chicken fajitas in the summertime!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I too could live on cereal and fruit salads all summer long! But....

I do make alot of pasta salads, especially on a Sunday..so we can pick at it all week.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

we are like most of you....lots of grilled things with various salads on the side....we also seem to eat out more in the nicer weather

Morris4

Cherry Picker

We cook alot on the grill this time of year.
My boys go crazy for prok ribs.  We do alot of sandwiches too.  Tonight was chicken salad.

I will also cook alot in the crock pot. 
----------------------------

Blog: http://myordinarylifemorrisway.blogspot.com/

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

We do a lot of wraps...I have Thai Tuna Wraps, Tomato Basil Chicken Wraps, Ranch Wraps, and Chicken Caesar Wraps.
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

ratgirl

Sweet Cherry Pie

I haven't made it yet this year, but I usually make a big batch of gazpacho to keep in the fridge. SO easy, so yummy. I also love to make homemade popsicles of all different kinds. Scott's favorite is a coffee/chocolate/soycream one and I like one that's made with raspberries, blueberries, soymilk, honey and vanilla. Yum! Pasta salad is always good with kalamata olives and grape tomatoes cut in half, scallions, shredded carrot, peppers, artichokes, etc. with sandwiches of various kinds. 

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I make a ton of salads and we grill just about everything all summer. We love grilling pizza, made some earlier tonight. 

1grandma

Cherry Addict

My mom did not like heavy food on a hot day either.  So, chicken pasta salad was basic for us.  I loved it, too. 
Bibi

1grandma

Cherry Addict

xmashall2 wrote:A half sandwich would do me.  My daughter made a recipe called "Ham Sliders".  It was absolutely delicious.  It's all over the internet.  I only do part of it, a King's Hawaiian roll, shaved turkey breast and a slice of swiss or provolone cheese.  Microwave for about 35-40 secs till the cheeses melt. Don't miss the mayo or the other extras it used.  This way its done fast with little effort and still tastes yummy.
This would work for me, too.  Easy and done without a lot of extras to add pounds. 
Bibi

emjay704

Cherry Tart

Again, salads, raw veggies of all kinds, and crock pot meals (especially recipes for pulled pork or shredded chicken that can be put into wraps, onto salads, or made into sandwiches). Not a pasta or potato salad fan though. I use other grains for salads instead like quinoa, bulgur, or wheatberries and we love bean salads, caprese, corn/bean salad, etc.  We don't grill at all.

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

We grill all year round, but I do make more salads in the summer. Macaroni, potato, taco, etc. That with a burger on grill does me fine.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

xmashall2 wrote:A half sandwich would do me.  My daughter made a recipe called "Ham Sliders".  It was absolutely delicious.  It's all over the internet.  I only do part of it, a King's Hawaiian roll, shaved turkey breast and a slice of swiss or provolone cheese.  Microwave for about 35-40 secs till the cheeses melt. Don't miss the mayo or the other extras it used.  This way its done fast with little effort and still tastes yummy.
I do a whole pan of these as a casserol and they are great.  But I like yout cheat in microwave idea!
~Sarah~

beachlover

Cherry Addict

we do everything on the grill in the summer, except of course our once weekly pizza night Image
and if it really gets too hot to grill or we are not that hungry, cereal it is!  the rest of the year I am
always using the oven and crock pot
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee