Nothing Annoys Me More Than...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

redsonic20
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 116

Nothing Annoys Me More Than...

Post by redsonic20 »

Double, triple, and quadruple checking things to make sure they are going to be done right and then find out that it was completely ignored.  I messed up my engagement ring really bad (the same place sent my rings out for repairs a few years ago and it came back with prongs that were jacked up but I didn't notice until about a year later...too late to hold them accountable) after one of the prongs finally gave way...I knocked out and lost a diamond and messed up one of the functioning prongs.  Took it in to get fixed...something I already planned on doing but without having to have them put in a new diamond...because they were all sized too big and I could barely fit them on my middle finger and keep them on, let alone the right finger.  Anyway...we take them in, look at a ring that is a comparable replacement in case the repairs cost as much as the ring (this wasn't purchased there, so no warranty protection and it is repaired often enough that if the cost was comparable, it wouldn't have made much sense to fix it and keep paying for resizing and rhodium in the future) but it was cheaper by enough money to get it fixed...plus, you know...the fact that it carries a lot of sentimental value.  So, we get the estimate back.  Originally, they crossed off the resizing because they didn't want to confuse the jeweler doing the repairs that he was to resize it no matter what.  When we got the estimate back, the woman wasn't involved in sending everything in, so when I asked if it included the resizing, she said she didn't know and would have someone call me back.  I get a call back and am told that it includes everything...when I asked 'even the resizing?', she said yes.  I get it back a few weeks later and inspect the crap out of it to make sure there aren't any defects in it.  Notice a few of the decorative parts look thin and verify that they'll have it fixed if they crack, so I leave.  It's been a month or so since I've had them back and my hands have been swollen for a while.  Not anymore...the other day, I noticed my engagement ring was spinning a lot and figured it was from my hands no longer being as swollen.  Today, it drove me nuts enough to look closer and guess what?  THEY NEVER RESIZED THE FREAKING THING AT ALL!!  It STILL fits with lots of wiggle room on my middle finger, but the two that flank it do not.  I put it on my wedding finger and hold my hand up, ring side facing the ceiling and the band for my engagement ring is sticking out while the other two bands do not.  I print out paper ring sizers and even though they aren't accurate (probably a printer setting I don't know how to fix) but just comparing the bands to the engagement ring on various circles further shows that they aren't the same size.  I'm beyond livid.  I HATE being without my rings...that's why I dealt with them being on my middle finger for MONTHS before finally HAVING to take them in when I busted my engagement ring.  Our paperwork shows the resizing being crossed out...but THEIR paperwork had TONS of writing on it showing various pricing.  If they even try and claim that I changed my mind on it and that they weren't supposed to have the resizing done, I will be heard from EVERY corner of the mall.
Denise

Visit My Blog:  Mamarazzi Scraps
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Re: Nothing Annoys Me More Than...

Post by Charleneanne »

holy cow!  I sure hope these jerks fix it for you and don't try to charge you again.  dang.  Some customer service.
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Ugh! Sorry you are having trouble with your wedding rings!  I took mine to a local jeweler to have the set soldered together, and they didn't bother re-shaping them first. Looks weird if you know where to look!  So, I feel your pain.  I didn't go back, because like you said, it was a while before I noticed it.
Kim

Image Image  
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Sigh.  How frustrating - sorry!
Image Image
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

Yeah, I'd be frustrated too. Luckily, I'm not a high needs girl. I wear a fake set that I paid $49 for at a jewelry sale at work. It is sterling silver, with fake diamonds, and I love it! I've had so many compliments, and this way, if I get bored with it or want something different, we can swap it out. I just can't see the prices that are paid for real diamonds. I have other things I'd rather spend money on. The ring itself doesn't matter anyway...it's what it represents, and nothing can change that. I'm very non traditional that way! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

Ayla wrote:Yeah, I'd be frustrated too. Luckily, I'm not a high needs girl. I wear a fake set that I paid $49 for at a jewelry sale at work. It is sterling silver, with fake diamonds, and I love it! I've had so many compliments, and this way, if I get bored with it or want something different, we can swap it out. I just can't see the prices that are paid for real diamonds. I have other things I'd rather spend money on. The ring itself doesn't matter anyway...it's what it represents, and nothing can change that. I'm very non traditional that way! lol
Mine is nothing pricey...it's a three stone setting with two teeny diamonds as the smaller stones and a sapphire in the middle.  I love blue.  I had to yell and argue with them because no one wrote the sizing down.  They finally agreed to fix it and said they were going to get in serious trouble for it but were doing it anyway...it's THEIR fault for repeatedly telling me it included the resizing (and likely they didn't look at the paperwork and just assumed it was included) so they should get in trouble for their mistake.  I thought it was pretty nasty of them to try and make me feel bad for what was completely their fault given my attempt to verify it over and over.  They repeated I'd need to come back when their manager was there (who works days and I will NOT take my kids BY MYSELF to a mall, ever) since she wasn't answering her phone and I told them I had called about it twice that day and was just told to bring it in and they'd fix it.  Then they try to lecture me to tell me I should have asked to speak with a manager, to which I replied, "how about you better train your employees instead of trying to tell the customer how they should handle the store's error".  They had other customers in the store listening the whole time and I'm sure they finally gave in after about 20 minutes of me repeating myself and refusing to leave or back down on their need to fix their error without charging me so they wouldn't lose the other sale.  When I asked for it to be expedited because again, it was their error and I shouldn't be without an important piece of jewelry for long, they said I'd need to call tomorrow.  I have the manager's card and am hoping to at least get it back in time for my birthday...the current promised date is the 7th, 2 days after my birthday.
Denise

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

redsonic20 wrote:
Ayla wrote:Yeah, I'd be frustrated too. Luckily, I'm not a high needs girl. I wear a fake set that I paid $49 for at a jewelry sale at work. It is sterling silver, with fake diamonds, and I love it! I've had so many compliments, and this way, if I get bored with it or want something different, we can swap it out. I just can't see the prices that are paid for real diamonds. I have other things I'd rather spend money on. The ring itself doesn't matter anyway...it's what it represents, and nothing can change that. I'm very non traditional that way! lol
Mine is nothing pricey...it's a three stone setting with two teeny diamonds as the smaller stones and a sapphire in the middle.  I love blue.  I had to yell and argue with them because no one wrote the sizing down.  They finally agreed to fix it and said they were going to get in serious trouble for it but were doing it anyway...it's THEIR fault for repeatedly telling me it included the resizing (and likely they didn't look at the paperwork and just assumed it was included) so they should get in trouble for their mistake.  I thought it was pretty nasty of them to try and make me feel bad for what was completely their fault given my attempt to verify it over and over.  They repeated I'd need to come back when their manager was there (who works days and I will NOT take my kids BY MYSELF to a mall, ever) since she wasn't answering her phone and I told them I had called about it twice that day and was just told to bring it in and they'd fix it.  Then they try to lecture me to tell me I should have asked to speak with a manager, to which I replied, "how about you better train your employees instead of trying to tell the customer how they should handle the store's error".  They had other customers in the store listening the whole time and I'm sure they finally gave in after about 20 minutes of me repeating myself and refusing to leave or back down on their need to fix their error without charging me so they wouldn't lose the other sale.  When I asked for it to be expedited because again, it was their error and I shouldn't be without an important piece of jewelry for long, they said I'd need to call tomorrow.  I have the manager's card and am hoping to at least get it back in time for my birthday...the current promised date is the 7th, 2 days after my birthday.
You definitely got poor customer service all the way around! And I love sapphires too....doesn't hurt that it's my birthstone lol.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

Ayla wrote:
redsonic20 wrote:
You definitely got poor customer service all the way around! And I love sapphires too....doesn't hurt that it's my birthstone lol.
Yeah, that's one thing that would be pretty awesome if I were a September baby.  My niece is...her boyfriend gave her a sapphire 'promise ring' (that now doubles as her engagement ring since they decided to get married when they found out they were pregnant last month) and even though it's her birthstone, I sort of feel like I'm not original or unique anymore, lol.
Denise

redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

The best part was that they said 'well, we can't just assume that you wouldn't want to wear it on a different hand' when I asked them why I'd get my two wedding bands sized down and pay $330 to get my engagement ring repaired.  Because, yeah...I have plans to not wear my engagement ring with my wedding bands!!!!
Denise

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

Well, DH says if we replace this one, he's getting me a sapphire. So, sorry if I make you feel like you're not original, you're just leading the trend!
 Image Image

redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

Ayla wrote:Well, DH says if we replace this one, he's getting me a sapphire. So, sorry if I make you feel like you're not original, you're just leading the trend!
Oh, haha, it's more that it's in my own family moreso than anything.  I've actually seen others with sapphires on their wedding fingers, so it does appear to becoming less uncommon these days. ;)
Denise

Jo~Anne L.
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 13

Post by Jo~Anne L. »

redsonic20 wrote:
Ayla wrote:Well, DH says if we replace this one, he's getting me a sapphire. So, sorry if I make you feel like you're not original, you're just leading the trend!
Oh, haha, it's more that it's in my own family moreso than anything.  I've actually seen others with sapphires on their wedding fingers, so it does appear to becoming less uncommon these days. ;)

My sister got married 21 years ago her engagement ring has a huge sapphire in the middle with two diamonds either side of it.

You would think if jewellers want their customers to come back they wouldn't treat them like crap! whether it is an expensive item or not!!!
The shop I got my engagement ring from moved so even the one we went to ( same provider different location) cleaned mine for free, they appreciate customers there so yeah I will go back there for anything to do with my ring.

Return to “General Talk”