LAST DAY to save 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Baby Names
I have a cousin who is really into unique names for her children.  She and her husband have always said that they want their kids to have names that no other children would have so that their names would always be unique.  Yesterday, she had a baby girl.  They named her Temperance.  Temperance joins her big brother, Kyril, and her big sister, Farran.  They are definitely different.

Do you know of anyone with really unusual names?
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

Re: Baby Names
Wow, those are definitely unusual!
My sis named her son Onyx. she was going between Logan and that and when she chose it I was like REALLY??  But it really really suits him!  He is like the little black jewel!
My cuz's kids are named Xev and Evran... and she gets mad when people pronounce or spell them wrong.  LOL
 Karrie

Flasher

Cherry Crush

sweetsour wrote:Wow, those are definitely unusual!
My sis named her son Onyx. she was going between Logan and that and when she chose it I was like REALLY??  But it really really suits him!  He is like the little black jewel!
My cuz's kids are named Xev and Evran... and she gets mad when people pronounce or spell them wrong.  LOL
My cousin gets mad as well.  I don't think anyone ever had a problem pronouncing Farran, and probably won't have any issues with Temperance, but it seems everyone has a problem with Kyril (K-EYE-RILL).  Nine times out of 10 he is called Krill.  Image 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Oh, and I like Onyx!

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

Yeah it is rather cool after all, eh?  And definitely better than some stars name their kids,  like North West ???  That is terrible, poor kid.
Apple and Guitar. Seriously!??

I guess it depends what the last name is too.
I actually like Farran, a lot

Karrie

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

I actually love the names Temperance and Farran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummmmmmmmmm  you have no idea what we go thru sometimes with ppl trying to pronounce our youngest dd's name................LOL

pretty sure it is not that hard to figure out...

Calliope

CA LIE O PEE

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

CarrieG wrote:I actually love the names Temperance and Farran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummmmmmmmmm  you have no idea what we go thru sometimes with ppl trying to pronounce our youngest dd's name................LOL

Calliope

CA LIE O PEE

It's not CALLIE - OPE?  lol    no I remember that name from Days of Our Lives in the 80's
 Karrie

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

My granddaughters name is Pandora, I thought they were crazy when they picked that name, but now I can't imagine her named anything else.
ImageImageImageImage

Flasher

Cherry Crush

sweetsour wrote:Yeah it is rather cool after all, eh?  And definitely better than some stars name their kids,  like North West ???  That is terrible, poor kid.
Apple and Guitar. Seriously!??

I guess it depends what the last name is too.
I actually like Farran, a lot

I know.  North West?  I seriously thought that had to be a joke. 

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

sweetsour wrote:
CarrieG wrote:I actually love the names Temperance and Farran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calliope

CA LIE O PEE

It's not CALLIE - OPE?  lol    no I remember that name from Days of Our Lives in the 80's

ding ding ding!!!!!!!!  Kristin Alfonzo...LOL

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I think Calliope is a very happy name.  (I have a layout of my dd called Calliope Cutie - her on a carousel.)
Pandora is also very unique. 

Ayla

Cherry Addict

We have a lot of duplicate names in my family. So I ended up aiming for more unusual names as I went along. I wanted names you could look at and pronounce, and hear and come reasonably close to spelling. My last 3 are Keegan, Adrian, and Callum. The most problems I have are people pronouncing Callum with a long a, rather than a short a as in apple. But I don't get worked up about it..I know they aren't names that are common. But I wouldn't exactly call them odd either.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Gail R

Cherry Garcia

I know a couple whose last name is Fudge.  They named their daughter Cocoa Joy.  The dad really, really wanted to name her Almond, but the mom put her foot down. 
Gail

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Gail R wrote:I know a couple whose last name is Fudge.  They named their daughter Cocoa Joy.  The dad really, really wanted to name her Almond, but the mom put her foot down. 
LOL.   One of my friends named their daughter Sandy.  Yup, last name Beach.  

ammielou

Sweet Cherry Pie

My DD name is tiana, it was that or tiara. And another couple who had a daughter on the same day had named theirs that, I Tianna it was. I always hated that she never had a chance to get personalized items, but now since the Disney movie the frog princess, she can!!
 she named her daughter Marnie.
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 

Ayla

Cherry Addict

ammielou wrote:My DD name is tiana, it was that or tiara. And another couple who had a daughter on the same day had named theirs that, I Tianna it was. I always hated that she never had a chance to get personalized items, but now since the Disney movie the frog princess, she can!!
 she named her daughter Marnie.
I can't get personalized things for my kids either. Even Evan's name is hard to find, and as common as Alison is, it's the spelling that is hard to find! And I love Marnie...I work with a Marnie and I've always loved that name.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

One of the docs I work with just had twin baby girls,.....6-9 and 6-15 at birth! Talk about a huge belly, as they went 38 weeks lol. Anyway....they named the babies Kyle Kathryn and Ryan Michelle. Unusual for girls, but I think they are awesome!
 Image Image

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I am just starting to see my dd's name come up on some things.  Her name is Michaela.  There's always Mikayla and other variations, but never in her spelling.  She's named after my hubby!

My son, no problem there . . . he's an Adam. 

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

Gail R wrote:I know a couple whose last name is Fudge.  They named their daughter Cocoa Joy.  The dad really, really wanted to name her Almond, but the mom put her foot down. 

I just don't get it - why wouldn't you just name the kid something normal like Christine, and then just call her Cocoa for a nickname ??   That would be cute.
There is enough bullying that sadly still does on, why would a parent not realize they are potentially adding fuel ?

I could have been called Candy  (oh yeah last name Sweet)  but my parents had a brain. lol
 Karrie

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

Ayla wrote:One of the docs I work with just had twin baby girls,.....6-9 and 6-15 at birth! Talk about a huge belly, as they went 38 weeks lol. Anyway....they named the babies Kyle Kathryn and Ryan Michelle. Unusual for girls, but I think they are awesome!

Isn't it funny, a lot of boys names are accepted for girls, but not vice versa...  Can you imagine naming them Kathryn Kyle and Michelle Ryan if they were boys?  not quite so awesome!  lol
 Karrie

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee