I Don't Do PINK!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

I Don't Do PINK!

Post by Charleneanne »

It is one of my least fav colors to scrap in, but . . . . . . . . . my sister is getting her 2nd grand child after 21 years and she quite innocently asked me "have you made one of those cute little fill in the pix albums for us yet?" Innocent my foot. So now after already knitting a huge baby blanket, crocheting a warm bunting with matching cap, also knitting and crocheting a couple more cute little girl winter type hats and two teddy bears for this darling little soon to be bundle, I am rushing to make a 6x6 little girl album. I was surprised to see I do have a bit of pink pps in my stash. Buried of course and so now off to scrap pages w/o pix to put on them yet ( I hate to do this) so they will have a wonderful keepsake (my sister's words of course). lol Oh well I will be the baby's fav aunt of course just like I am her mommy's fav aunt all these years. lol What a sucker I am.
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Re: I Don't Do PINK!

Post by Ayla »

May not be your favorite color, but what better reason is there than that they asked because they love your work?!!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

glo85cam
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 99

Post by glo85cam »

I would have saved that one for part of her Christmas gift! ;)
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

I completely ditto Nancy!! I couldn't have said it better!

I use to a long time ago not do pink either.....like a really long time ago. Then became a Delta Zeta. LOL!!!! Pink and Green combo were definitely not in colors in the early '80's! But wear my sorority's colors I did and we did!!! I found pink looked good on me as does red. Never looked back!

I have a color I don't do either in scrapping.....it's purple! So I sympathize and truly understand!
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

kind of funny cause green is the color I chose for contrast/compliment. lol maybe I can work one of the pages into the use an ugly pp challenge I seem to remember. lol :graylol: :-D
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

I have to agree with Nancy!! :) You do wonderful layouts these will be no different!
Susan

need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Post by need2scrap »

I can't wait to see it, I know it willbe be beautiful!
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

Well, you know you will be giving a gift that is loved, deeply appreciated and wanted!!:inlove:
Please share some photos of your pages when you finish it. :-D
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

LOL, I've always hated pink as well. The funny thing is that scrapping has taught me to appreciate pink - it does look nice on some pages once in a while. I won't wear it or decorate with it though!
- Valerie/stateless
cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Post by cajenkins81 »

It's definitely very touching that they appreciate your craftyness and wanted you to make an album! I'm sure you'll do a fabulous job, and sometimes it's nice to play with our scrappy stuff if we know it's for someone else's enjoyment. I'm sure they'll love it- and just think, you won't have to use pink for a long time after this!

Also remember tho, that new baby girls don't always have to be about pink ;) Purple, lilac, greens, some yellow, pale oranges.... lots of different options out there.
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

stateless wrote:LOL, I've always hated pink as well. The funny thing is that scrapping has taught me to appreciate pink - it does look nice on some pages once in a while. I won't wear it or decorate with it though!

This is me too!!
I agree with the others too, what a great compliment that she wants you to do the album, I am sure you will create something beautiful they'll treasure.
 Karrie

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I love pink! And how wonderful that they love your work! Have fun with this precious baby bundle.
Bibi
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5437

Post by Deanna13 »

I love working with pinks! But I also understand it's difficult working with a color you don't exactly like. Maybe focus on the prints and try to not see all the pinks! LOL :winkb: :-D
Image Image ImageImage
SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

While going through paint we had stored in the basement I found 2 gallons of paint that we never used. Pink and Green. I brought them up to the trailer and painted my new scrap room those colors. With the trim and everything it looks really good together. I just have to get it organized so I can take pics.
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1746

Post by beachlover »

oh I feel your pain! I just cannot stonach pink either! I would go with yellow or even a pale pretty green for a little girl just to avoid going stir crazy! you are a better aunt than me :-D :winkb:
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

Well, now you can get rid of all your pink stash :D
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!