Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Cannot BELIEVE it!!
First, thanks for the "welcome Back', Carolyn and Laurie. Then I disappeared again!! We have a small, small house - and the whole thing needs new flooring. In the bedrooms we're walking on the sub-flooring; in the other room, the linoleum is coming up in pieces. So we decided to bite the bullet and get new flooring...and I've been getting all that I can out of the scrappy area into the other room and boxing the rest to be moved out there the day before they come in. I just cannot BELIEVE all the stuff I have!! I had no IDEA it would take so many boxes and so much work!! Where in the heck have I hidden this stuff so the room wasn't too overtaken??? The room is 9x11 and some of the furniture won't be coming back in because it's too big...now that I have almost all of it boxed up....where the heck do I put it when I put the room back together??? :-D :-D I'm flummoxed - and yet you should see my shopping basket here!! :-D I was going to put in lower cabinets with a countertop...then my B-I-L told me how he did my sister's area and I decided THAT's too much work to do....I think I'll just get a few 4' long tables - one for the computer & stuff and one to work on and hope I can remember where I had hidden all this stuff before! Oy vey - f I disappear again for a while it's because I'm working on the moving stuff around to get the rooms cleared for laying the flooring!If anyone knows how to magically move the stuff and put it back when the flooring is done, PLEASE let me know!! :-D :-D
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Re: Cannot BELIEVE it!!
wow, that sounds like quite a project! don't forget to take some pics when you are done so we can see all your hard work! good luck!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Hmmm...I wonder which box my camera is in??? :-D

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Wow! That is amazing project. Like Ann said, please take pics so we can see what it looks like!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I hope you post pics of your new room floors! It goes in...comes out, then goes in again. You will work it out. I am still working it out; mostly by using my scrappy supplies.
Bibi

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

It's amazing the amount of stuff we collect and buy! I'm wanting to take a couple days and sort thru what I have, put all like items together, and purge!! And organize. But I think I won't be able to do it all. I seriously need to get rid of some stuff tho I feel like, and put things together so I'll be able to find them.

Good luck with your moving and unpacking, hope you get the floors done soon!
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

don't you love how a project starts out simply and before long - WHAM!!! It is huge? Take a deep breath and have some patience. Good luck on all the improvements.

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Oh yeah, no project ever stays as small as it starts! Have you thought about using one of the wall units from Container Store or Ikea? If you go vertical you can definitely store more.

Can't wait to see pics.
Laurie

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I just painted and floored my scraproom. Goodness I had no idea how much stuff I had. It took me 3 days to pack it and move it out. I hope to not have to do that again for a long time. Good luck and have fun reorganizing all those goodies. Please post pics.
ImageImage 

JeanG

Cherry Cola

And here it is, weeks later, and my room is still a mess! I finally found the storage units I wanted but going through all this stuff is just killing me! One minute I put something in the "to go" pile and the next I take it out!! Now my cousin is coming to visit Labor Day weekend, so I'm going to have to kick into high gear if I want it done...or at least looking decent and she can walk into it!! :-D

1grandma

Cherry Addict

To move all that stuff all you have to do is twitch your nose! Like Samantha on Bewitched.
Bibi

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Oh... I can totally sympathize with you. It wasn't very long ago that I had to pack it all up and prepare for painting and the building of my Workbox by The Original Scrapbox Company. I was even convinced that everything I had in my craft room would fit in the Workbox. No, no way, NOPE! I filled it up and now have an overflowing room again. I'm scrapping and making more cards than ever, but I can't seem to make a dent. I feel your pain... and I can't wait to see how beautiful it looks when it's done!
'
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

1grandma wrote:To move all that stuff all you have to do is twitch your nose! Like Samantha on Bewitched.

I had the same idea except she needs a wand like Harry Potter!! :winkb: Good Luck!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee