Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

accordian flower help!!!
I love the look of these, and made some to go on a page awhile back. The problem, they have come up off the page, the ends glued together have come undone, they look terrible! I was so happy with them when they were first done. What is the secret to keeping them on the page, I have taped, glue dots, nothing seems to work, Help is appreciated!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Re: accordian flower help!!!
You need a stronger glue - Diamond glaze or my favorite - Crystal Lacquer. I've never had mine come apart doing that - and I traveled with them as examples for classes I taught - on airplanes. HTH

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

cherrycupcake wrote:You need a stronger glue - Diamond glaze or my favorite - Crystal Lacquer. I've never had mine come apart doing that - and I traveled with them as examples for classes I taught - on airplanes. HTH

Thank you so much. Will have to look for that, or I may never want to do these again, lol!!!

akgnere

Cherry Blossom

I have also used hot glue when I have made them as part of a Christmas ornament. Don't know about using the hot glue in scrapbook albums though.
Annie in Mio
Lover of all things Scrappy
!Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Yep, the hot glue would work. And while we used to say "Acid and lignin free" - come on, let's get real. The stuff we slam in nowadays - I'm afraid we passed that a while back.

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

cherrycupcake wrote:Yep, the hot glue would work. And while we used to say "Acid and lignin free" - come on, let's get real. The stuff we slam in nowadays - I'm afraid we passed that a while back.

very true!

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

cherrycupcake wrote:Yep, the hot glue would work. And while we used to say "Acid and lignin free" - come on, let's get real. The stuff we slam in nowadays - I'm afraid we passed that a while back.

Totally agree!!
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

I use Glubers for my flowers, they work great even for accordian styles.

mel79

Cherry Berry

I think I need those Glubers now. lol

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

OMG! I have some, never used them!! I actually forgot I had them!

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

cherrycupcake wrote:OMG! I have some, never used them!! I actually forgot I had them!

thats always a nice surprise isn't it???

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Hot glue gun. Works the best
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

shopgirlaudi

Cherry Tart

I use my ATG to glue mine, but I have heard that Glossy Accents and the glue gun work great:)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee