We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

In the EYE of Sandy - UPDATED!!!
UPDATE: It was NOT as bad - but bad enough - here in Hershey/Harrisburg. I turned my computer off after the first pop of power - so that I wouldn't ruin it - after last year's flood I had to buy a new one and didn't want to do that again! So I did scrapbook, laugh if you must - on my bed!! - so my furry friends could curl around the bed and stay happy! I lost the "HD" of the TV for awhile - did not know I could do that! - and no hot water for about an hour - the maintenance guys were right on top of that.

It's very cold, very rainy, like icy needles out there right now (Scully had to go "out") and yet I am breathing easier. I can tell the weather is getting better, and it looks like NYC got the most after the turn.

Saddest thing is they said two Pennsylvanians died - one was an eight year old boy. Ya have to wonder what parent would let him out, and why!

So no work today - and I'll be on the board. Thanks so much for your prayers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well gals - where I've been is getting ready. The news here only deteriorates. Basically the entire area I live in is closed up.

If you look at the maps - Sandy is to make landfall between Delaware/NJ and into Philadelphia area then come inland. Tonight it is to stall - and turn east to go back towards the ocean. WHEN it stalls - they are forecasting it to be directly over the Harrisburg/Hershey area. And yes, ladies, that's me. We are to have high winds, rain, and downed trees, powerlines, etc.

I'd be a fool to tell you I'm not really scared, but reality is that this is a three floor apartment building nestled into other high apartment buildings - and I'm top floor - and the building is extremely sturdy, cinderblock foundation with brick. Doesn't get better than that. The glass windows/screens would be the most vulnerable. There are no high trees around me - Being on the third floor - I look down at all the trees. So I'm fairly sure I'm safe, but probably will be stuck in the building for a while.

I'll pop on and off - but just wanted you to know while I'm in for a direct hit at the very least - I will be safe - and if I go AWOL it's probably due to loss of cable (internet connection) or electricity - but even those I don't anticipate as wiring is mostly underground.

TTYL!! Sher

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

Re: In the EYE of Sandy
Stay safe!!! Keep us updated, also you could always tape your windows, we did that when I lived in Maine and we had a hurricane come through.
ImageImageImageImage

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Stay safe....a postive out of this.....if you don't lose power, use the "shut in" time for scrappy stuff!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Stay safe Sher and check in as often as you can.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Stay safe!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

debamas

Wild Cherry

Time to just hunker down. If we don't hear from you, it'll be the electric gone out. Thinking of you!
Debbie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Definitely stay in and stay safe girlie!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

stay safe
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Stay safe and keep us updated.
Have a coke and a smile!Image

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

You are in my thoughts and prayers, hopefully you will be able to let us know what is going on ! {hugs}
Susan

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Stay safe and like Leslie said, use the down time to scrap! Will be thinking of you
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

Oh my goodness I had no idea you were in the path. Please Stay Safe and if possible keep us posted.
Sending you a BIG ((((HUG))))

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Sher, stay safe! Your bathtub may be your best friend. Clean and fill with water for drinking, cooking, flushing the toilet and brushing your teeth. Praying for you.
Bibi

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Stay safe Sher. We are bracing for it here too.

ImageImage Image Image  

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Stay safe everyone, they finally let us leave work so I'm home. Still have power, hoping for it to stay on, have some people already lose power in our town. Had a customer get mad we were closing.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

butterfly843 wrote:Stay safe everyone, they finally let us leave work so I'm home. Still have power, hoping for it to stay on, have some people already lose power in our town. Had a customer get mad we were closing.

I am SO GLAD you are home!

ImageImage Image Image  

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

Stay safe!
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

We closed our office at 1pm. Ct closed all the highways. It's raining and the wind is starting out at 40 mph but the storm just hit us a half hour ago. I'm just waiting for my 19 year old to get home. She works for a grocery store so they will make her do her shift. She supposed to get off at 3 but I'm worried about them making her stay. It's a high flood area where her store is and she's not used to driving in deep water. Good news is the roads are clear of water at the moment.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Winds have really picked up here. Got a call from dd and she is without power. We just had another flicker so I guess it is just a matter of time for us. My mom and dad still have power and so does my sister and her family. The tress are really swaying and bending so much it looks like they are doing the "wave" like people do at a stadium. I can see them from my windows now but it is going to be a lot scarier in a little while when it gets dark and I can still hear the wind but not see the trees. Another flicker.

ImageImage Image Image  

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

All of you who can keep us posted! We're thinking about you!
Image Charlene

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee