We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Good Morning Oct 25
Good Morning! I am up early but hope to go back to sleep. My RLS is acting up tonight and was keeping dh and I awake. So I got up to play on the computer for a bit. On my agenda today: sleep then play with BFF and her dgs for awhile. Clean house some. Nothing special beyond that.

What are your plans for this blessing of a day?
Bibi

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Re: Good Morning Oct 25
Good morning ladies. It's warm here this morning. I am missing the Fall weather in New England. It doesn't seem like the end of October. The leaves are beautiful but it's been raining and in the upper 60's and lower 70's.

Hoping to do some shopping here today after work. There are so many new collections out I need to stock up my basket :winkb:

debamas

Wild Cherry

Good morning. I do hope you went back to sleep Bibi. My legs give me a fit some nights too and it's just agravating cause you want to sleep so bad. I'm heading to the dentist this morning, then to pick up dgs. He's turning 1 next week and this is the first time I had the chance to babysit him. He's a cutie for sure and I hope he'll be sweet for Grandma today. Weather is nice here and I hear it's supposed to get cooler this weekend. Dh and I are planning to get out of this house first part of next week so the cooler weather will be welcomed.
Debbie

ernstem

Cherry Cola

Good morning. Awake on and off all night.....thunderstorms!!! Kids actually woke up this time (they usually sleep through) so they are crabby. Taking them to school soon, working AM job, a few chores at home, then grab sitter and work PM job. Temps starting around 50 but dropping all day and 20 by night. Brrr. DH returns tonight, YEAH!

Have a great day cherries!

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Good Morning - Bibi I am sorry to hear that you didn't get much sleep. That will make for a long day. We are having the same weather as Beth. Thunderstorms and the day is getting colder instead of warmer. Apparently it is supposed to be super cold this weekend. I wanted to get some yard work done but I might not be able to if it is too cold. I am at work right now trying so hard to stay awake. I have gone to bed all week way past my bedtime. Today I am so tired I actually hurt a bit and don't feel very well. I think I might be a little crabby too. No plans after work which is a good thing.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I heard on the local news yesterday that the seasonal weather changes does all kinds of things to people's health - it was a physician from the university talking. He said that everyone knows about the arthritis, but that it fires up a lot of other ailments as we go from warm, to cool, and especially in the fall when we tend to go back and forth between temperatures a lot.
For me today? I'm going to get Scully and bring her home FOR SURE tonight - no excuses - not roofers, toes, nadda. I need my furry baby back. The kitties miss her too. Well, OK, I'm lying.
Then I might - MIGHT scrap some of our challenges tonight. I need to get moving - I can't believe we are almost at the end of the month already - 6 DAYS?

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Good morning all! Got work on the menu again, with some scrapping later. DH just texted me and he's got an interview this afternoon with another one tomorrow. Both are in need of AutoCad Designers! Yippee! Wish him luck. He sure needs something better than what he's got!

Have a great day!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Kari_H

Cherry Bing

Woke up to a border collie staring down at me. "Wake up, Mom!" That was 9 a.m. Got to bed around 3 a.m.

I have since gotten some coffee in me, fed and watered the chickens, processed 3 bales for the cattle and fed the kitties.

Bree always goes along in the tractor to process hay. Today was no different. Afterward, she gallops like a crazy dog across the yard, growling and holding her ID and rabies tag in her mouth. She looks like she is bucking. I can't help but laugh at her.
She flops down on the rug in front of the door when we come in with her feet in the air waiting for me to wipe them off. The goofy dog LOVES being rubbed with the towel. As I am typing she is now staring at me because her ball is at my feet and I should be playing with her not typing. This my friends, is a pretty typical day with Breeze the border collie.

I also have to work tonight 6p - 12a.

I haven't decided as of yet if I am going to play in my scrappy room before then.

Have a good day ladies. :)
Kari ----- "Women with whips, 82% more likely to get what they want."

Check out my site! http://countryroadphotography.zenfolio.com/

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Kari_H wrote:Woke up to a border collie staring down at me. "Wake up, Mom!" That was 9 a.m. Got to bed around 3 a.m.

I have since gotten some coffee in me, fed and watered the chickens, processed 3 bales for the cattle and fed the kitties.

Bree always goes along in the tractor to process hay. Today was no different. Afterward, she gallops like a crazy dog across the yard, growling and holding her ID and rabies tag in her mouth. She looks like she is bucking. I can't help but laugh at her.
She flops down on the rug in front of the door when we come in with her feet in the air waiting for me to wipe them off. The goofy dog LOVES being rubbed with the towel. As I am typing she is now staring at me because her ball is at my feet and I should be playing with her not typing. This my friends, is a pretty typical day with Breeze the border collie.

I haven't decided as of yet if I am going to play in my scrappy room before then.

LOL...I Love hearing how your day goes with Breeze. She's a hoot!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Kari_H

Cherry Bing

blbabe1234 wrote:
Kari_H wrote:Woke up to a border collie staring down at me. "Wake up, Mom!" That was 9 a.m. Got to bed around 3 a.m.

LOL...I Love hearing how your day goes with Breeze. She's a hoot!
All I gotta say is to know her is to love her. She has a personality larger than life. If she can't make you laugh, you're a lost cause, lol.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

LOL Kari - very true. I think its with all pets. Gotta love 'em all!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Kari_H

Cherry Bing

blbabe1234 wrote:LOL Kari - very true. I think its with all pets. Gotta love 'em all!
You sure do! I took some pics for you of her being herself... I will see if I can get them posted LOL.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Kari_H wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:LOL Kari - very true. I think its with all pets. Gotta love 'em all!
You sure do! I took some pics for you of her being herself... I will see if I can get them posted LOL.

Yippee! Love seeing everyone's furbabies! :-D
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

ZELDAdog

Cherry Tart

Good afternoon ladies!

I worked 3 hours this morning. Now I'm home...I grilled some chicken for the hubby, made egg salad for me, and have laundry going. Won't be long till I have to pick up the kiddos. Then it'll be homework time and they have soccer practice tonight. This is the LAST practice thank GOD!

I've been fighting a headache since last night...it needs to go AWAY!!!!
Jenny

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

ZELDAdog wrote:Good afternoon ladies!

I worked 3 hours this morning. Now I'm home...I grilled some chicken for the hubby, made egg salad for me, and have laundry going. Won't be long till I have to pick up the kiddos. Then it'll be homework time and they have soccer practice tonight. This is the LAST practice thank GOD!

Oh Jenny, do you still have your headache? So sorry. I cannot stand headaches, I can take just about anything but not headaches. I get migraines, inherited from my Dad, and my paternal Grandmother. My niece and Joey(son) both get them, as well. My sister, who does not get migraines, says "I don't get why you can't go - it's just a headache." I say "It's not "just" a headache, I'd shoot myself if I knew it wasn't getting better soon." I take prescriptions (yeah, two) for them, and at least now they've eased since I went thru menopause.

And I hear you with the soccer practice. Don't you just hate the kids' sports crap? I hated kids sports - well all sports - when I WAS a kid, so why do I need to deal with it with my kid? Yeah, and I didn't. I sent his deadbeat father to do that. Least he could do. . . sit in a smelling hockey arena, or scorch your brains out for spring soccer and freeze with the sleet for fall soccer. Tae Kwon Do was the only other sport - so I drove him to that. Period. I hear you. Disrupts the entire evening.

1grandma

Cherry Addict

It sure does need to go away! Life is calling. What do you put into your egg salad? I just ate a hard-boiled egg.
Bibi

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

1grandma wrote:

It sure does need to go away! Life is calling. What do you put into your egg salad? I just ate a hard-boiled egg.
My Mom, who was PA Dutch put in egg, salt and pepper,mayonaisse, and a spoonful of pickle relish. Was it ever good!!! Now I might have to make that tonight.

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

hope you got some rest today.
Nothing much planned for me today. LOL I'm remembering what my dd said to me yesterday when she came home from school and I was scrapping for the second day in a row, "you're making stuff AGAIN mom?!?" Apparently it is a very rare thing to see mom do. haha, well today I will take a break. Dh is home early from class and no homework so maybe we'll find something nice to do, go to lunch or something.
Image Image

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

I was actually up before 8am today but just got to the computer. Beautiful day here. Transitioning from the cold rainy couple days we just had to warm sunny mid-to-upper 70's days we are expecting by Saturday. The best part of fall. Cool early morning and evening and warm sunny afternoons to get out and do something if you want to. Only thing I wanted to do today was scrap so that is what I have been doing. But now nearly 3pm and going to SKYPE with my sister up in Oregon for a while. We haven't talked in about 3 weeks so I am sure lots to laugh about.

Hope all had a wonderful and safe autumn day.

ps. Only 61 days until Christmas! Just saying lol :-D

1grandma

Cherry Addict

cherrycupcake wrote:
1grandma wrote:

My Mom, who was PA Dutch put in egg, salt and pepper,mayonaisse, and a spoonful of pickle relish. Was it ever good!!! Now I might have to make that tonight.
That is exactly how I make mine, but dh likes onion in his.
Bibi

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee