We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Kari_H

Cherry Bing

0 to Crabby in 15 seconds
Got my very first speeding citation tonight. Very pissy - that is me. :x
65 in a 55.
Kari ----- "Women with whips, 82% more likely to get what they want."

Check out my site! http://countryroadphotography.zenfolio.com/

debamas

Wild Cherry

Re: 0 to Crabby in 15 seconds
Kari, dang, I'm sorry. Hugs. Been there...actually several times and yes, it stinks.
Debbie

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Me, too, but not lately, thank goodness. Acutally, i have deserved a ticket lately, but was fortunate enough to not get caught. Sorry that you did. Just don't think of all the scrappy goodness you could have bought instead of paying for the ticket and increased insurance rates.
Bibi

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

Ooo, sorry. yeah, been there too
Image Image

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Well that stinks. I know from experiance too.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I am sorry you had that happen. I never have (yet), so I can only imagine how angry and frustrated you must be!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Bummer!! :x Take the defensive driving class at a comedy club if you can. It's not as bad there.

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Describe that feeling when you see the red lights in your rearview mirror. I still get scared like someone is coming after me with a gun. Well, he sorta is, lol.

Sorry - I've been there/done that many times. In fact, I think I'm "due" for another one, it's been a while. My dad says "Lead foot". Yeah, that's me.

Cheer up - you did good - first one? REALLY? You were "due" too.

CarolLynn

Cherry Bing

So sorry! Try to get deferred adjudication so that it doesn't go on your insurance record. Does your state have that?
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams... live the life you have imagined. -Thoreau

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

My mom has a lead foot and she's 81. She got her first speeding ticket last year, I am very nervous when she drives now. I really don't know why she's always in a rush...she's retired!!

MarZ

Cherry Tart

So sorry! BTDT! Now boring defensive drivers' class...
Margaret

I love to talk about scrapbooking!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Does everyone's state require defensive diving classes after a ticket? I haven't gotten a ticket since I was 18 (which was about when God made rocks but still) bit I know may people who have, and they've never had to take a defensive driving class. Pay extra for insurance sure, but not any kind of class!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

Ayla wrote:Does everyone's state require defensive diving classes after a ticket? I haven't gotten a ticket since I was 18 (which was about when God made rocks but still) bit I know may people who have, and they've never had to take a defensive driving class. Pay extra for insurance sure, but not any kind of class!

Are's doesn't, unless you have to many points on your license. Then you can take a class to get some of the points taken off.
ImageImageImageImage

debamas

Wild Cherry

Ayla wrote:Does everyone's state require defensive diving classes after a ticket? I haven't gotten a ticket since I was 18 (which was about when God made rocks but still) bit I know may people who have, and they've never had to take a defensive driving class. Pay extra for insurance sure, but not any kind of class!
We can choose to take a class to keep points off here in FL.
Debbie

ZELDAdog

Cherry Tart

When I got my first ticket at 17, I paid to go to a driving class so that the points wouldn't go on my license. They stopped doing that for a while, but then when I got my 2nd ticket, I got to do the class again! (it was 10 years later) I just got a ticket in February...I was doing 68 in a 50. I had to hire a lawyer to go to court for me. It was reduced to improper equipment...no points since it had been 10+ years since my last ticket. But it cost me considerably more than the driving school! OUCH!
Jenny

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

Sorry hon! Can you do defensive driving?
Feel lucky that you aren't me..the FIRST time to ever get pulled over was when I was 17 and I got arrested for passing a school bus while the lights were flashing red! It's a class B misdemeanor. I'm talking mug shots and fingerprints...no bars thank goodness! All while wearing my dance team outfit on my way to a special early morning practice. (It's a long story and I'm pretty sure I got the short end of the stick) 6 months probation and $500 court cost and a $500 lawyer bill! 2 months earlier and it still would of been a traffic violation.
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Last time I got pulled over - this is TRUE - I was driving 35 in a 25 (school district) in Hershey and they are none too nice there. I was on my way home from my sister's pool party, and had tossed on just a T and was wearing a white - YES WHITE - wet bathing suit. I told the officer when he walked up to the car - "You can give me the death penalty but I am NOT getting out of this car in a white bathing suit that's wet." He laughed so hard - he gave me a WARNING! I didn't even get a fine!! Who knew?

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

I made my 17 yr old son go after a speeding ticket. I made him go to reduce the points and to lower my insurance.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee