I didn't fall off the face of the earth.... really! :)

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Kelly Pyron
Digital Designers
Gallery: 242

I didn't fall off the face of the earth.... really! :)

Post by Kelly Pyron »

I have missed my Cherry friends! The end of the school year and the past few weeks have been CRAZY! I took and passed my final test for my Texas teacher certification! Whoot! Whoot! I spent A LOT of time studying the past few weeks. My brain is tired! LOL! I also had a job interview today and they want me to fill a Kindergarten position! I am beyond happy and LOVED the principal and VP I interviewed with. Life is good! :)

Anyway, I should have more scrap time and hope to catch up with everyone!

How's everyone doing and what have you been up to the first few weeks of summer?
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}
DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 506

Re: I didn't fall off the face of the earth.... really! :)

Post by DolphinSoul »

Hey!! Congrats on all of your achievements!!! So happy for you and glad to have you back!!!! I'm getting back into scrapping finally too, been gone for quite a bit myself, so a lot to catching up to do!

Not much going on this summer so far. I lost my voice for 9 days and just got it back today so am THRILLED and feel normal again, so that's the biggest excitement of my last few weeks!! lol!
~ Carissa ~

Kelly Pyron
Digital Designers

Post by Kelly Pyron »

Bless your heart! How awful to lose your voice for that long! I am glad you are feeling better!
Kelly Shults
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

Congrats on the teaching and job!! I'm at the stage where I have to decide if I want to renew my teaching license or let it lapse. There is not much for teaching positions around here and I'm not able to move to another location or state.
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I am so proud of you! This is a great accomplishment and YOU did it! Yay! And got a job! OMG! But, I missed you and really glad to see you back.
Bibi
lmcgill
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 118

Post by lmcgill »

Way to go!!!!!!
Kelly Pyron
Digital Designers

Post by Kelly Pyron »

ernstem wrote:Congrats on the teaching and job!! I'm at the stage where I have to decide if I want to renew my teaching license or let it lapse. There is not much for teaching positions around here and I'm not able to move to another location or state.

I know how you feel! I graduated a couple of years ago and had a very hard time finding a job. I graduated in Oklahoma and worked my first year at a Headstart and then moved to Texas and worked again in HS. They don't pay nearly as well as the public school system. I was surprised that this summer there are over 200 job openings in the school district! I live in West Texas and the oil business is booming. We have people moving in from all over. It is so bad that there are NO houses and people are having to live in Hotels. It is crazy.

I am sorry and know how difficult it can be. Have you thought of Subbing?
Kelly Shults
Kelly Pyron
Digital Designers

Post by Kelly Pyron »

1grandma wrote:I am so proud of you! This is a great accomplishment and YOU did it! Yay! And got a job! OMG! But, I missed you and really glad to see you back.

You are so sweet and I appreciate your support! I could just give you a big 'ole hug! :) I missed you too!
Kelly Shults
Kelly Pyron
Digital Designers

Post by Kelly Pyron »

lmcgill wrote:Way to go!!!!!!

Thank you! :)
Kelly Shults
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

kellyshults wrote:
ernstem wrote:Congrats on the teaching and job!! I'm at the stage where I have to decide if I want to renew my teaching license or let it lapse. There is not much for teaching positions around here and I'm not able to move to another location or state.

I know how you feel! I graduated a couple of years ago and had a very hard time finding a job. I graduated in Oklahoma and worked my first year at a Headstart and then moved to Texas and worked again in HS. They don't pay nearly as well as the public school system. I was surprised that this summer there are over 200 job openings in the school district! I live in West Texas and the oil business is booming. We have people moving in from all over. It is so bad that there are NO houses and people are having to live in Hotels. It is crazy.

I am sorry and know how difficult it can be. Have you thought of Subbing?
I subbed for almost 9 years. Then when daycare/before and after school costs would eat my salary, before taxes, it didn't make sense. I still teach at a national tutoring chain, I've been there almost 8 years. But we have also had some major changes in our state since we had a new governor in place, recalls, etc. And it seems to be a bit messy and state testing is changing in 2015, "teach to the test", and you get the idea. So happy that you had a positive beginning to your teaching!!
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

Congratulations, Kelly! Those are major accomplishments; I know because my dad was an elementary teacher turned Principal. Good luck in your new position.
Laurie

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Congrats!
Image Image
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

Congrats on the new job!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1054

Post by pawprints »

Congratulations Kelly! And glad you're back!

Image Image Image

Gypsymonkey
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 441

Post by Gypsymonkey »

Congratulations! Teachers are heroes in my book!
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

CONGRATS on the new job!!! Glad to see you back, I have been in KS layout withdrawls over here :winkb: :-D
SUS ImageImageImage
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

Congrats and welcome back!
***Tanya***
need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Post by need2scrap »

Congrats Kelly and welcome back! That's a lot of work/studying, and to land a Kindergarten job is fantastic! Way to go!
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

Return to “General Talk”