Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

RitaS

Cherry Bing

DROPPING IN and HI to the "OLD" Members!
Goodness me...what flashbacks I am having as I revisit this board after quite a long hiatus. I like to see who folows/reads my healthy living blog (http://purelyliving.blogspot.com) and Lori is on the follower list. I clicked on her and she follows the Cherry Bits blog...but I am not recognizing Lori right off.
But I saw the "OLD" Cherries post and see so many familiar names - glad you are all here and still scrapping!

As evidenced by my gallery I have been on scrapbooking hiatus for about two years - making cards now and then, a few altered gifts or a quickie mini album, but they are for last minute gifts/occassions and no time to photograph and share. I see my gallery is still here - I haven't been wiped out of Cherry land yet!:-D

Not sure when I will get back to creating regularly again - but OMG I need to update my self portrait in the gallery as that was 25+ lbs. ago!! I remember being proud of that "new" me, but I prefer the newer me even more.

I set aside scrapping to reclaim my health, read and research various health issues (for friends as well as myself) and have become passionate about coaching others to restore their health - I write a blog focused on weight loss, teaching people to read ingredient labels, and cancer prevention, and run my own health & wellness business in addition to working full time. Often I find myself wishing I had time to scrapbook the journey I have had in the past two years, and ongoing, because it has been amazing and worth remembering - and I hope that day comes in the next year or so.

I wanted to pop in and shout out a hello to all of you. Glad a few clicks from my blog brought me back here. Every time I get an ACOT email I think about this message board and miss this group.
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Re: DROPPING IN and HI to the "OLD" Members!
Hey Rita, long time!! Give us your link to your blog. I, for one, would like to check it out. I've been trying to eat healthier too but not having much success in the weight loss.
Glad to have you back!

Duh!! It's the first thing you posted! Thanks!
Image Charlene

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Wow! It's good to see you and glad to hear you're doing well. I miss your layouts. :)
Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Hi Rita! Good to see you!

ImageImage Image Image  

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Charlene - the likely culprit is hormone imbalance. One of the key things I have learned, which has allowed me to help a number of women - is that most of use are out of balance (estrogen to progesterone ratio) by the time we are 35 (this is for many reasons - primarily environmental - from lotions to food adding estrogen to our bodies). Estrogen LOVES fat cells, stores up in fat cells and hangs on to it - it is also where estrogen compounds as there is not enough progesterone to offset aka imbalance, and that is when cells can start to mutate).
Progesterone, on the other end of the spectrum - converts fat to energy as it is anaboic and thermogenic. I give much credit to my 85 lb weight loss to getting my hormones back in balance. Many links on my blog, and I have hand outs and such too, Charlene (2 sided 2 column document on symptoms of estrogen dominance) which I would be happy to send you.

As Dr. John Lee wrote in one of his books that I have read, "a person can work out 5 days a week and diet, and still struggle to lose weight - especially around the mid section - if they have an abundance of estrogen.)
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

debamas

Wild Cherry

Hi Rita, I've not been too regular but I do remember your lovely LO's. Glad you popped in. Sounds like you have been staying busy even without the scrapping. Hope your family is well, and i'll ck into your blog. Anything to help with regaining some health is worth taking a look at.
Debbie

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Hi Rita - has it really been that long? Whew. How is the family?
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

Hi Rita, Glad to hear from you. I still have the Christmas exchange ornaments you made me two years ago on display in my scraproom. They are sitting on top of my wall unit as part of my decorations.
 Image ImageImage

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Hi, I remember you! Glad you came back to visit. I need to check out your blog.
Laurie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Congrats on the weight loss...you look fabulous dah-link! Glad to see your name popping up again!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Hi Rita! I remember you when I showed up two years ago. Congrats on the weight loss!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Rita, so glad you popped in and that things have been well and successful for you! I will be checking out you blog and what you have accomplished is amazing!!! hope you can find a way to incorporate scrapping into your other loves and goals soon because you are truly missed!!(((hugs))))
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Hey Rita - welcome back! I remember you and your beautiful work! I will definitely check out your blog. Congrats on the weight loss, you look GREAT!
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee