Officially on Summer Break...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Kelly Pyron
Digital Designers
Gallery: 242

Officially on Summer Break...

Post by Kelly Pyron »

Last Thursday was my last day of school! Whoot-Whoot! I am SOOOO ready for a long break! I love my kiddos and love being a teacher, but I was starting to feel a little burned out. Now, I truly understand why they give teachers the whole summer off. If they didn't, there would be no sane teachers! LOL!

I am in study mode for the next couple of weeks, because I have to take my Texas teacher certfiication test. Ughhh! I think when that is over and done with, I will really get to relax and do lots of scrapping! :)

So, what is everyone else up to or planning for the summer months?
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Re: Officially on Summer Break...

Post by croppinmama »

Yes...I think teachers deserve the summer off. I love the summers because I'm home with the kids and we have a lot of fun. My kids don't mind riding in the car so we always go on road trips. This year I'm teaching my son to drive so that should be fun :? 2 kids down and 1 to go (but the youngest is 12, so I have awhile for her, lol).
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

Summer is the same for me, just hotter. I plan to work as much as possible and take care of dh. Hopefully I will get to see the grandkids, too. My dd's dh is graduating from UF in Gainesville, Florida as an oral surgeon and they are moving to Vermont! So maybe I will get up that way sometime this year. I can only hope.
Bibi
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

I still work both jobs during the summer, but my kids come with me to my YMCA job and hubby is home with the kids when I teach in the evenings. (Personally having to decide if I want to pay for courses/credits to keep my current teaching licenses or let them expire. Lack of jobs around here :( for teachers.) I still have Fridays off! No vacations planned (did Disney in February and need to travel again in May 2013). So sitting quiet this summer and going to utilize the backyard a lot. Nice weather came early so the landscaping was finished in mid-April. No yard chores beyond mowing!!! A few day trips to local place but we're ok with the low-key summer this year :-D
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2450

Post by joannie »

Kelly, So glad to see you posting again!!! Most definately teachers need a nice summer vacation!!! How long is your break?
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2345

Post by Art_Teacher »

Friday was my last day, Kelly! So ready to relax! No big summer plans, because that is dh's busy time as a paint contractor. We are going for a few days to Boston in the end of July to celebrate a friend's wedding and see the city. :-D
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

We still have one more week of school. I wanted to get the camper ready to take out but until the Durango gets fixed I don't have anything to pull it with! Some short trips planned...our annual Run the River kayak trip, some short overnight excursions planned, and hopefully a trip to Copper Harbor in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in September. Otherwise no big vacation....but I like short trips!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Return to “General Talk”