Need dress advice!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2345

Need dress advice!

Post by Art_Teacher »

So, I need a dress for my brother's wedding on June 2. Here are the details:
Will be held at noon, outdoors, in their backyard, wooded area. Just the immediate family. He will wear a suit and she has a dress. I will not wear anything strapless and prefer to have at least a small cap sleeve, as I don't think my shoulders/upper arms look good (too flabby) :? . Also, I am a bit heavier on the bottom, so don't want anything stretch or fitted. Here are two possibilities. What do you think? Do you know any other dress sites that I can order from? Do you have any dress suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Re: Need dress advice!

Post by mgehrke »

Laura I really like the second one. I think a more flowing skirt area will take away from your lower half. Plus the top part is sooo cute.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

I like the second one.. but i love green so i may be a little biased. I am not abig fan of ( i think i have broad shoulders so i always want to minimize them). However i tried on a dress like this and really liked it

http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/belted- ... 000303/600

they also carry tons of those little jackets to cover up with like this one

http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/scallop ... 986635/144

I actually found a dress barn dress at a gabriel brothers..and it was only 15 bucks for the dress and the cover up (and i found another cover up for 13 bucks...i took the dress back after the event i was going to use it for was canceled..kind of sad but i had no where else to wear it.

good luck dress hunting!
ImageImage
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I like the second one best also. Penny's has a personal shopper is you call inadvance. They can pick out a bunch of stuff for you if you tell them the requirements you have.
Bibi
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2146

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

The 2nd one is also my choice! Love the look of it!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

I like the second one too. And I have to second the dressbarn rec. I love their dresses. Check their website, they have a lot of cute things.
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1037

Post by love2stamp »

I really like the second one, very pretty.
ImageImageImageImage
lesmitch
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 187

Post by lesmitch »

im going against the majority. i really like the first one, love the color and style of it
 ImageImageImageImageImage

ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

the second one is AWESOME! Great style especially the flare away from the body part. Great choice!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3713

Post by blbabe1234 »

the second one is very very pretty!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

I love the style of the second one
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I am in the minority with lesmitch. I much prefer the first dress. The second one just looks like it's been done over and over already while the neckline of the first one looks modern and fresh.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

I love the second (bottom) dress's style. Not crazy about that color - it looks like peasoup green.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I love the 2nd dress, but the color is a little drab. Does it come in other colors? Does that color look wonderful on you?
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2345

Post by Art_Teacher »

Actually I look good in green. It's a bit brighter than the photo, based on the photos that other reviewers posted, too. I'm not completely sold. I wish I could try them on. I have been to stores in my area and not found a thing I like. So much is made with that d@*! cheap, stretch jersey fabric that looks horrible if you are not a stick!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Michelle M.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 742

Post by Michelle M. »

I like the first one better, too. It's classic looking and will never go out of style. I'm not a fan of the mesh, criss cross part of the neckline on the second dress.
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 325

Post by Flasher »

Art_Teacher wrote:Actually I look good in green. It's a bit brighter than the photo, based on the photos that other reviewers posted, too. I'm not completely sold. I wish I could try them on. I have been to stores in my area and not found a thing I like. So much is made with that d@*! cheap, stretch jersey fabric that looks horrible if you are not a stick!

I know exactly what you mean. I HATE that material. I look awful in it regardless of what it is -- t-shirt, tank, dress. Blah!

I absolutely adore the second dress.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Art_Teacher wrote:Actually I look good in green. It's a bit brighter than the photo, based on the photos that other reviewers posted, too. I'm not completely sold. I wish I could try them on. I have been to stores in my area and not found a thing I like. So much is made with that d@*! cheap, stretch jersey fabric that looks horrible if you are not a stick!

Then I would totally grab the 2nd one - it's gorgeous!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

MimaScraps/Lori
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 1153

Post by MimaScraps/Lori »

They are both adorable! I vote the second. I know it will be comfortable for sitting, standing, dancing...
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
Kelly Pyron
Digital Designers
Gallery: 242

Post by Kelly Pyron »

I LOVE the second one! :)
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}

Return to “General Talk”