We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

debamas

Wild Cherry

Smiles/Frowns for April 21
Everyone have a good Saturday? Mine has been low keyed but I like it like that! My dgds, 15 and 13 spent the night and I love their company. They are still at the age it's cool to spend time with Grandma, LOL! Took them to the skateing rink for a party and have to go pick them up in a few mins. Nothing planned yet for dinner...they probably had pizza at the party, so might just pick up something for me and dh while I'm out. It's raining here today, not hard, but enough to put a damper on outside activities so my flowers will have to wait to be planted. Yes, it's just been a laid back day for me and mine. How about you? What kind of Saturday did you have or having? Inquiring minds...well you know...jsut give us something else to talk about, LOL!
Debbie

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Re: Smiles/Frowns for April 21
Smiles - I got a few layouts done and then I sat out on our porch and read a book. It was so quiet that a little wild bunny layed down in our backyard and took a nap under our tree. He looked so cute stretched out. I wanted to take a picture but was worried I would wake him if I got up to go into the house to get my camera.

Frowns - None today.

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Smiles: warm sunny weather has DH wanting to start the garden so we headed to the Home Depot this morning. Had a great time and spent a bunch.
Frowns: I am not fond of the warmer weather.

debamas

Wild Cherry

Croppinmama wrote:Smiles - I got a few layouts done and then I sat out on our porch and read a book. It was so quiet that a little wild bunny layed down in our backyard and took a nap under our tree. He looked so cute stretched out. I wanted to take a picture but was worried I would wake him if I got up to go into the house to get my camera.

Frowns - None today.
What a cute site that had to be! Good to have a nice afternoon to sit and read.
Debbie

debamas

Wild Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:Smiles: warm sunny weather has DH wanting to start the garden so we headed to the Home Depot this morning. Had a great time and spent a bunch.
Frowns: I am not fond of the warmer weather.
LOL, I love shopping for a garden, it's the work involved that I tend to neglect....then my garden is not so wonderful. Good luck on yours, get it in before that warmer weather!
Debbie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Debbie, at least it's warm enough to plant your garden! It's still a bit early here in Michigan...it was only 33 degrees when I left work this morning. I am SO ready for warmth!

Smiles: had a good time with DS and DH at the fun fair at school today - DS even found his required "Newbie Hat" for our annual kayak trip this summer... DH is currently at the grocery store wandering the aisles for something to make for us to eat - kids wanted Taco Bell and neither of us wanted that so he's scoping out something creative for the two of us - I LOVE being married to a chef!

Frowns: feel out of it today - not sure if it's the week we've had or if I'm battling the cold the boys have had this week, but I don't have time to be sick! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

No1Mommy

Cherry Cola

THis is a loaded question for tonight! :x Smiles: I stayed home ALL day! I just had to get some stuff done...and really wanted to get some scrapping done! I did manage to begin cleaning and reorganizing my scrappy room......

Frowns: While cleaning I blew the breaker with my vacuum 3 times, I lost some infor for my 2009 Disney trip, I trip over a plug then finally flipped out throwing tons of papers all over my scrappy room....LOL! It made me feel better at the time but now I have to go and clean it up :graymad:

debamas

Wild Cherry

No1Mommy wrote:THis is a loaded question for tonight! :x Smiles: I stayed home ALL day! I just had to get some stuff done...and really wanted to get some scrapping done! I did manage to begin cleaning and reorganizing my scrappy room......

Frowns: While cleaning I blew the breaker with my vacuum 3 times, I lost some infor for my 2009 Disney trip, I trip over a plug then finally flipped out throwing tons of papers all over my scrappy room....LOL! It made me feel better at the time but now I have to go and clean it up :graymad:
WOW, deep breath, sometimes it does feel better then you realize what you've done, well, give yourself a hug and a chance to cool down. It will be alright. Wish I was there to help. Tomorrow is a new day;)
Debbie

debamas

Wild Cherry

Ayla wrote:Debbie, at least it's warm enough to plant your garden! It's still a bit early here in Michigan...it was only 33 degrees when I left work this morning. I am SO ready for warmth!

Smiles: had a good time with DS and DH at the fun fair at school today - DS even found his required "Newbie Hat" for our annual kayak trip this summer... DH is currently at the grocery store wandering the aisles for something to make for us to eat - kids wanted Taco Bell and neither of us wanted that so he's scoping out something creative for the two of us - I LOVE being married to a chef!

Frowns: feel out of it today - not sure if it's the week we've had or if I'm battling the cold the boys have had this week, but I don't have time to be sick! lol
Actually, here you can garden year round..but I'm not that energetic. 33 degrees, whewwww that's pretty nippy to me as I've been raised in this FL sun. Sounds like the fair was good. I"ve not done much kayaking, but canoeing I've done. We canoed with some teens from church one year in rain and t'storms...now that was the scariest trip I've ever taken. It's a shame I don't have pics from that as it was many years ago. I bought Taco Bell for my dh today from their "diet menu". He's just been dianosed with diabetes. I know that was probably not the best choice but I'd already eaten and did not want to cook and I am not married to a chef:? .
Debbie

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

SMILES: Rangers won the afternoon game against Detroit.

FROWNS: Rangers lost the night game 3/2. Now we're only 5 games in the lead.
Still feeling crummy, albeit not so crummy as earlier today. Maybe tomorrow I'll be up to scrapping (either before or after the game, since it's an afternoon game).
Ice cream in the new Cuisinart didn't turn out so good. Think I let it church too long and it froze against the side of the bowl. I'll try a different recipe maybe tomorrow. Although I need to make muffins tomorrow.
Image Charlene

debamas

Wild Cherry

scrapscot wrote:SMILES: Rangers won the afternoon game against Detroit.

FROWNS: Rangers lost the night game 3/2. Now we're only 5 games in the lead.
Still feeling crummy, albeit not so crummy as earlier today. Maybe tomorrow I'll be up to scrapping (either before or after the game, since it's an afternoon game).
Ice cream in the new Cuisinart didn't turn out so good. Think I let it church too long and it froze against the side of the bowl. I'll try a different recipe maybe tomorrow. Although I need to make muffins tomorrow.
I'm not a sports fan but glad to hear they won the afternoon game. Wish the ice cream turned out better for you. I love ice cream. Keep working at it.
Debbie

1grandma

Cherry Addict

debamas wrote:
Ayla wrote:Debbie, at least it's warm enough to plant your garden! It's still a bit early here in Michigan...it was only 33 degrees when I left work this morning. I am SO ready for warmth!

Actually, here you can garden year round..but I'm not that energetic. 33 degrees, whewwww that's pretty nippy to me as I've been raised in this FL sun. Sounds like the fair was good. I"ve not done much kayaking, but canoeing I've done. We canoed with some teens from church one year in rain and t'storms...now that was the scariest trip I've ever taken. It's a shame I don't have pics from that as it was many years ago. I bought Taco Bell for my dh today from their "diet menu". He's just been dianosed with diabetes. I know that was probably not the best choice but I'd already eaten and did not want to cook and I am not married to a chef:? .

Your eating out at Taco Bell just after dh is diagnosed with diabetes? OK. That is almost as bad as us eating Church's chicken the night he gets released from the hospital after having cardiac bypass surgery for Coronary Artery Disease! Not proud of it, but I was just so tired from a very long day and NO more time to cook.
Bibi

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Smiles: DH is getting stronger every day. It is a long recovery but that can't be helped. Worked today.

Frowns: Work was rough.
Bibi

debamas

Wild Cherry

1grandma wrote:Smiles: DH is getting stronger every day. It is a long recovery but that can't be helped. Worked today.

Frowns: Work was rough.
Be thankful for work. Yes, it is rough, but you did it! Gald to hear dh is doing well. Have patience my friend.
Debbie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I want to add a couple of smiles....feeling a lot better after some sleep and good food. And DH was putzing in the kitchen...I could smell the most wonderful smells coming from the kitchen, but couldn't identify them. I sssooooo wanted to wander out there and find out what he was making, but I wanted it to remain a surprise until the cooking was done. So, when he served me the most wonderful plate of food, it was filled with German dishes....rouladen, Weiner Schnitzel, Spatzle, and had a German beer to go with it. Oh, so good!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Ayla wrote:

I want to add a couple of smiles....feeling a lot better after some sleep and good food. And DH was putzing in the kitchen...I could smell the most wonderful smells coming from the kitchen, but couldn't identify them. I sssooooo wanted to wander out there and find out what he was making, but I wanted it to remain a surprise until the cooking was done. So, when he served me the most wonderful plate of food, it was filled with German dishes....rouladen, Weiner Schnitzel, Spatzle, and had a German beer to go with it. Oh, so good!
Thats it! I am coming to your house! Can't wait to eat some of that food!
Bibi

debamas

Wild Cherry

1grandma wrote:
Ayla wrote:

Hah! I vote a crop at Nancy's with her dh catering the affair!
Debbie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

debamas wrote:
1grandma wrote:
Ayla wrote:I want to add a couple of smiles....feeling a lot better after some sleep and good food. And DH was putzing in the kitchen...I could smell the most wonderful smells coming from the kitchen, but couldn't identify them. I sssooooo wanted to wander out there and find out what he was making, but I wanted it to remain a surprise until the cooking was done. So, when he served me the most wonderful plate of food, it was filled with German dishes....rouladen, Weiner Schnitzel, Spatzle, and had a German beer to go with it. Oh, so good!
Hah! I vote a crop at Nancy's with her dh catering the affair!
Hee hee...considering the first time Bob met my family, he made Christmas dinner for 25 people....catering a crop wouldn't be a stretch! He laughed when I mentioned it to him...said he would consider it!
 Image Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Thats it! I am coming to your house! Can't wait to eat some of that food![/quote]
Hah! I vote a crop at Nancy's with her dh catering the affair![/quote]
Hee hee...considering the first time Bob met my family, he made Christmas dinner for 25 people....catering a crop wouldn't be a stretch! He laughed when I mentioned it to him...said he would consider it![/quote]
You got a great guy! Keep him.
Bibi

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

I had to work part of the day and I shaved my dog - who was OH, SO HAPPY!!! Say "hair cut" to her and she is like slinking around the house...lol

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee