I'm going on a honeymoon!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

I'm going on a honeymoon!

Post by Ayla »

I know that sounds strange seeing as I just married for the second time and I'm 47 years old, but I've never been on a honeymoon! When I got married the first time, we only went away overnight as his work schedule didn't allow it. And of course, our rapid wedding this February squeezed into my work schedule didn't allow for one then either. But we had planned on getting away when the weather got a little nicer.

Well....today we made reservations! Bob found a mountain cabin rental site that has GORGEOUS mountain cabins for rent that are all inclusive....we got 4 nights for the price of 3, filled with all the amenities of home....linens, towels, cooking equipment, plus a grill, a hot top, etc etc etc. All we have to bring are food and our personal items! We are going to leave here on a Sunday morning after I get off work, drive half way there on Sunday, spend the night somewhere along the way, then arrive at the cabin on Monday. We have it until Friday, then we have a couple of days to putz on the way home again.

Our destination, you ask?

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee!!! I've always wanted to stay in a mountain cabin, and Bob has never done it before either. I am so flippin' excited I can't hardly stand it!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Re: I'm going on a honeymoon!

Post by PezKat »

Oh that sounds like fun!! We used to get a cabin at a State Park with my parents for a weekend every May, but it didn't have linens furnished. You also had to reserve it like a year ahead of time. The TN ones sound great, I have a friend who's done that several times. Have a BLAST and of course we all look forward to seeing the photos!! (Um, of the cabin, anyway! :winkb: )
Image Image
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I know the point is for the two of you to spend time together, but Indy is on the way so do let us Indy gals know if you decide to stop here at all!
Image Image
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

PezKat wrote:Oh that sounds like fun!! We used to get a cabin at a State Park with my parents for a weekend every May, but it didn't have linens furnished. You also had to reserve it like a year ahead of time. The TN ones sound great, I have a friend who's done that several times. Have a BLAST and of course we all look forward to seeing the photos!! (Um, of the cabin, anyway! :winkb: )

We're leaving on May 6th.... getting to Tennessee on the 7th. Don't have to be back to work till the following week. You guys will all have to deal without me for a week. We aren't even bringing computers....but I'll have to buy extra memory cards for the cameras! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

PezKat wrote:I know the point is for the two of you to spend time together, but Indy is on the way so do let us Indy gals know if you decide to stop here at all!
That would be great! Will have to talk to Bob about that!
 Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

That sounds great! I've been almost married for 5 years, and we didn't get a "true" honeymoon due to work schedules too. We finally took a side trip to the Carlbad Caverns on our way back hom to Texas after visiting Rob's family for Christmas in Calfornia. It was nice to get away. But would really want to take a few days off of work to be able to do that again.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Post by pawprints »

Nancy that is so exciting! I am so happy for you both!

Image Image Image

tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 5

Post by tinkerbelldani »

Nancy, that is wonderful. I am so happy for you guys. You deserve it...have fun
ImageDani

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Post by mgehrke »

Your trip sounds like a wonderful honeymoon. I can see all the pics in my head already. What beautiful scenery you are going to see. I hope you have a wonderful time.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

You lucky lady, I wish I could get away with my sweetheart :inlove: Have a wonderful time and make sure to try the hot tub, I always wanted one of those :winkb:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

Sounds like a wonderfully romantic trip!

Hubby and I are saving for our 25th anniversary (December 2014) to go on a cruise. We wanted to do that when we got married, but we couldn't afford it. We've been trying to go ever since and it just hasn't worked out, so hopefully for our 25th anniversary it will happen.
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 93

Post by Monroe1218 »

How exciting!!! I only live about 90 minutes away from there - so we go often. There's a pretty big/good scrapbook store there too!! May is a beautiful time to visit with everything blooming....

Feel free to ask any questions.... I'll try my best to answer!!!
Rebecca

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2146

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

That area is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! You will love it! Have a great time when you go!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
Kelly Pyron
Digital Designers
Gallery: 242

Post by Kelly Pyron »

Ohhhh... that sounds wonderful and romantic! Congratulations! I hope you both enjoy every minute of your honeymoon!
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}
Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

We went last fall and it was beautiful. I know you both will have so much fun and make so many great memories. Enjoy your trip and as Pezkat said, us Indy gals would love a meet up.
 Image ImageImage
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

Check out the scrapbook stores!!!!!!!

I planned a stop there based on that
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

SOunds very romantic! How exciting!
***Tanya***
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

Great! I hope you have fun. Our family was going there for a get together. We looked at several different companies that offered several properties. They were all beautiful. I hope you have a great time.
Bibi
amberella
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 39

Post by amberella »

That sounds like soooo much fun Nancy! I've never seen American mountains, and that's definitely something I want to do SOON! You'll have to let us all know if it's as amazing as it sounds... I might have to plan a trip! Hehehehehe!
AmberImageImage
ImageImage
FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 943

Post by FairyMouseMom »

How exciting!!!
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image

Return to “General Talk”