Our website, what do you think?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Brandon Singer
Site Admin
Gallery: 62

Our website, what do you think?

Post by Brandon Singer »

Our website sure has changed through the years. We like to think that our website is the most usable. But we use it all the time and know how it works, so we don't always see problems.

So what do you think? What is your favorite part about our website? What don't you like about our website? What should our site have that it doesn't? Any suggestions of what/how to change things?

(I will take your suggestions and make changes to the site if I can. But it may be awhile before I can make the changes. I am currently doing some work on the physical server for our website.)
-Echo
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Re: Our website, what do you think?

Post by Sus79 »

I miss an old feature.....the one where you go to a persons personal gallery and you can click on Digi and see ONLY THAT persons digi submission or card and so on....I would really love to get that feature back.

Otherwise I think it works fine, I am still getting used to the new look, but I do love the live chat :)
ImageImageImageImageImage

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Sus79 wrote:I miss an old feature.....the one where you go to a persons personal gallery and you can click on Digi and see ONLY THAT persons digi submission or card and so on....I would really love to get that feature back.
Agreed, I miss that feature too. But you know what I love - that when I create a post these days, I rarely ever have to worry about line spacing anymore. I don't know what you did to fix the editor putting in extra line breaks for me, but it's so much easier to post now!

I also like how the forum links are displayed - when you are in a topic, how each level of the hierarchy is it's own link, so you can get back as far as you'd like, even to the index, with a simple click.

The search features could be more friendly - when I search a forum, if no results are found, it would be helpful if there was a link to go back to that forum, rather than having to return to the board index. Also, sometimes I still get an error if I search twice in a row, without enough clicks in between (I think it says "Search is not available right now, try again later"). Searching the store has improved greatly, so I hope eventually searches on the message board and in the gallery will follow suit
sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2269

Post by sarahwhithers »

I love the gallery here. I love that you can add multiple pages to one gallery posting, that when you roll over the image, it gives you the details on it, other sites don't have this, and I love it!

I'm fine with the new look of the store, it takes getting used to of course, but I think it looks sharp. :)
Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

I like that this website is so user friendly. I can't think of anything I would complain about. Everytime ya'll do a change it is definitely for the better.
need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Post by need2scrap »

I overall love the new look, and functionality. I have the same forum search issue as koala1966, so hoping that fix will be coming in the future.

One other quirk is when you hover over DIGITAL, the Digital Dropdown is actual behind the Search box and Search button. Not a big deal.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

javalove
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 165

Post by javalove »

Overall, I think it's great. I just have one suggestion, but I'm not even sure it's possible. Sometimes when I'm working with a line of product, I'd like to be able to pull up layouts to get ideas and see what others have done with the papers/embellishments. I know that I can search by product brand in the gallery, but I'd love to be able to look for projects that members have submitted from a particular line by name. Since gallery members often indicate which products they've used (the little light bulb icon), I'm wondering whether there's a way, via the store, to link those projects to the product. Am I making sense?? What I'd love to see is a link on the product page in the store to various projects in the gallery using that product.
Lisa

Image Image
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

javalove: sometimes if you are looking at a product and you click on media it will show you the layouts and things linked to it in the gallery
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

Brandon, I think that you do an amazing job here and you really are an asset to ACOT. You have always been accessible and approachable. Good luck with your changes.
~pam~
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I would like to have a multiple search function. What I mean is I can search for Christmas, but not Christmas toys. Or Christmas/Santa. Or any other combination of works.
Bibi
Brandon Singer
Site Admin
Gallery: 62

Post by Brandon Singer »

1grandma wrote:I would like to have a multiple search function. What I mean is I can search for Christmas, but not Christmas toys. Or Christmas/Santa. Or any other combination of works.

Is that for the product search or the gallery search?
-Echo
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

Love the website but I don't like how the message board feed on the side isn't grey anymore after you read it :waiting:
Michelle M.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 742

Post by Michelle M. »

javalove wrote:Overall, I think it's great. I just have one suggestion, but I'm not even sure it's possible. Sometimes when I'm working with a line of product, I'd like to be able to pull up layouts to get ideas and see what others have done with the papers/embellishments. I know that I can search by product brand in the gallery, but I'd love to be able to look for projects that members have submitted from a particular line by name. Since gallery members often indicate which products they've used (the little light bulb icon), I'm wondering whether there's a way, via the store, to link those projects to the product. Am I making sense?? What I'd love to see is a link on the product page in the store to various projects in the gallery using that product.

If you are looking at a certain product - if there is a project that has used that product, (and the submitter has linked it with that product) it does show under the "media" tab. :)
1grandma
Cherry Addict

Post by 1grandma »

echo wrote:
1grandma wrote:I would like to have a multiple search function. What I mean is I can search for Christmas, but not Christmas toys. Or Christmas/Santa. Or any other combination of works.

Is that for the product search or the gallery search?
It is the same for both, acutally. I like to prowl the gallery for inspiration for my pics. It helps to be able to search selectively instead of looking at all the entries for "Christmas" which include LOs, pics, digi, crafts, etc. Or Christmas and a color or style or product. Same for the shop.
Bibi
1grandma
Cherry Addict

Post by 1grandma »

javalove wrote:Overall, I think it's great. I just have one suggestion, but I'm not even sure it's possible. Sometimes when I'm working with a line of product, I'd like to be able to pull up layouts to get ideas and see what others have done with the papers/embellishments. I know that I can search by product brand in the gallery, but I'd love to be able to look for projects that members have submitted from a particular line by name. Since gallery members often indicate which products they've used (the little light bulb icon), I'm wondering whether there's a way, via the store, to link those projects to the product. Am I making sense?? What I'd love to see is a link on the product page in the store to various projects in the gallery using that product.
Yes, me, too.
Bibi
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

Brandon - I like all the changes you do a great job. Especially since you are dealing with probably 99% women here.
1grandma
Cherry Addict

Post by 1grandma »

SWAY2865 wrote:Brandon - I like all the changes you do a great job. Especially since you are dealing with probably 99% women here.
Working with women is a double edge sword. We do know what we want when we want.
Bibi
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1037

Post by love2stamp »

Croppinmama wrote:Love the website but I don't like how the message board feed on the side isn't grey anymore after you read it :waiting:
oh me too. That's how I knew weather I needed to go back and read it, especially during the crops, couldn't remember what games I had already played.
ImageImageImageImage
1grandma
Cherry Addict

Post by 1grandma »

love2stamp wrote:
Croppinmama wrote:Love the website but I don't like how the message board feed on the side isn't grey anymore after you read it :waiting:
oh me too. That's how I knew weather I needed to go back and read it, especially during the crops, couldn't remember what games I had already played.
If you have not read a particular thread since your last post there is a little emblem at the beginning of the post. If you have made a post the emblem will not be there. That is how I tell if I need to go back to it.
Bibi
-Kami-
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 6

Post by -Kami- »

I absolutely LOVE this website!! It clearly is one of the best in my opinion. Great work, Brandon!!! Thank you!

Return to “General Talk”