new ct?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

new ct?

Post by anazelia »

is there a new creative team here? I noticed that there is a new post on making a journal in the articles section from someone I had never heard of so I googled her and she has posted on her blog a acot blinkie and it is says she in a "design team artist" for a cherry on top.

Did I miss something?
carrie123
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 699

Re: new ct?

Post by carrie123 »

Last edited by carrie123 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

I'm confused...
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
ChrissyTina
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 221

Post by ChrissyTina »

::one eyebrow raise::
Chrissy

heidi
Site Admin
Gallery: 502

Post by heidi »

Hey Ana -

Nope - you haven't missed anything.

We've always had designers do projects here and there for us. You'll find most of them in our Videos section of the site.

However, we do have something that is new! We'll be posting details soon!
ChrissyTina
Cherry Bing

Post by ChrissyTina »

Interesting.

Her blog and video definitely don't read that way, like she's just "guesting". Just sayin'.
Chrissy

Smiley-Scrap8
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 889

Post by Smiley-Scrap8 »

Ronny
carrie123
Cherry Cola

Post by carrie123 »

Hmmmmm.....
jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Post by jmo95 »

ChrissyTina wrote:Interesting.

Her blog and video definitely don't read that way, like she's just "guesting". Just sayin'.

I agree. I just watched the videos and checked out the blog.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image
ChrissyTina
Cherry Bing

Post by ChrissyTina »

She said her "first DT package". No where in any video does she mention she's just a "guest". Don't know, ACOT. Sounds very shady to me.
Chrissy

carrie123
Cherry Cola

Post by carrie123 »

Plus, why would she make such a BIG production like that if it were only a guest shot? She is going on and on and thanking people left and right for the opportunity.
meteechtap
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 318

Post by meteechtap »

I agree she does not sound as she is going to be a "one " time gct. This does not feel right with me!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

Sounds to me like they are replacing the old team with a new one!
ImageImage 

FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 943

Post by FairyMouseMom »

carrie123 wrote:Plus, why would she make such a BIG production like that if it were only a guest shot? She is going on and on and thanking people left and right for the opportunity.

WORD!

And, at least out of respect to the current paper and digital CT, which is still "active" through the end of the month....could this not have been started on MARCH 1st? Just my personal thought!
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

*sigh*
this is pretty hurtful.
~pam~
JanetM
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 343

Post by JanetM »

Looks like a permanent placement to me- just wonder why she hasn't graced the board before this.
carrie123
Cherry Cola

Post by carrie123 »

I am still scratching my head on this one...
Smiley-Scrap8
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 889

Post by Smiley-Scrap8 »

May I tell you a story from my past? Take from it what you will but I feel it applies here.

When I was in my twenties I worked in a photo lab for a large warehouse store. I was just part-time while going to school but I had previously been a supervisor.
Another, larger and busier building near me was looking for a new manager of there photo lab. The previous manager did some really bad things and left the department and all the employees in ruins.
They were looking for someone who could go in, fix all of the equipment and quality issues and do it with the original staff. Those people had been trained poorly and treated poorly and did not work well together at all. On top of all of that the building was going through a remodel including the photo department. They would also be getting the latest in digital printers, the first on the east coast.
This was a lot of changes all at once but it needed to be done for the department to continue functioning.

I put in for the job and got it. It was probably one of the hardest years of my life. But when everything one done all of the original employees remained save one. The equipment worked well, the quality was good and the employee actually started enjoying each others company.

Things much change, that's life. But how you choose to address those changes and the people the changes affect is up to you.

I sort of wish the decision makers in this situation were like that larger, busier building from my past.
Last edited by Smiley-Scrap8 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronny
ChrissyTina
Cherry Bing

Post by ChrissyTina »

I left before all of this went down. And I've been absent due to other reasons. But coming back to see this? I can put aside my disagreements with people here and say, that this is down right wrong.

It is hurtful. It's shady. And I think ACOT just undermined all of the "thanks and appreciation" they said they have for their CT, past and present.
Chrissy

heidi
Site Admin
Gallery: 502

Post by heidi »

Woahhh Nelly!

We've asked a handful of crafters to do special videos for us - LilSweetPea, Kerry from Kerry's Paper Crafts are just a couple who have been doing this for us since early fall of last year. I'm surprised it wasn't noticed before. We'll continue to add interesting video projects from various sources in the future. We're happy to add Suzie to that list and I really appreciate her excitement.

Don't let the usage of the common Design Team term Suzie used cause an issue. Suzie does a great job with her videos! Hopefully, this is just another avenue of inspiration. ACOT's decision to no longer have a CT still remains and hasn't changed.

We're also excited to have the ACOT Guest Designer call! I know I heard from many of you who were worried we would no longer have a Guest every month. We're looking forward to seeing all of your submissions and hope you have fun with it!

Return to “General Talk”