Cherry Share box???

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Cherry Share box???

Post by ncokely »

Ok it is really a trash to treasures traveling box. Jules and I have pm'ed about this and wanted to see if there would be any interest. Basically the box would travel from Cherry to Cherry and you would take 10 things out of the box and put 10 things into the box and then pass it on. Unlike envies each month and Secret Sister's, this could be some of your used stash that you do not use any more, but is still in GODD CONDITION and someone else might find a use for it.

So basically it would cost you the postage to send the box to the next person. Jules also said that "you took a picture of what you took out and what you put in and posted them in a forum we had. "

We would also come up with a list of what constitues an item such as----pkgs of things like brads...need to be 20, buttons ...15, hodge podge l ...3 items and paper...5 pieces as one thing, etc.

This is just an interest only thread---if there is enough, we will post an actually sign-up thread with the guidelines.

[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Re: Cherry Share box???

Post by writerlady »

I'm interested.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3713

Post by blbabe1234 »

This sounds like a wonderful idea! I would LOVE to participate in this!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!
Indy Scrapper
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 47

Post by Indy Scrapper »

Glad to see there will be some guidelines. This has been done a few years back and it did become quite a challenge. The cost of shipping by the time I got one of these was outrageous.

If you allow paper, then the box becomes much larger and again the cost could become more. JMO
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.
handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Post by handerful »

I love the idea! But I am going to sit out. I have been burned too many times when I participated in things like this in the past.

My suggestion would be to limit it to "light" and "small" things like ribbon and buttons - Or ask participants to take things out of their packaging to save space and weight. Paper and stickers get heavy and sometimes aren't worth the cost of postage.
Image Image
RACHEL
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5461

Post by Retiree3 »

I'm interested. Sounds like fun.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

I would love to participate in this, but I too agree that we should keep it too small items (buttons, brads, ribbons) to keep the shipping costs down.
 Image ImageImage
Celticrose
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 88

Post by Celticrose »

This does sound interesting. Maybe one of those flat rate boxes (you know - if it fits, it ships) would keep the cost even for everyone.
ImageImageImage
Indy Scrapper
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 47

Post by Indy Scrapper »

celticrose wrote:This does sound interesting. Maybe one of those flat rate boxes (you know - if it fits, it ships) would keep the cost even for everyone.

That is an excellent idea. Flat rate, we all would end up paying the same and know what to expect up front.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Post by mgehrke »

I am very interested. This sounds like so much fun. I too agree with the flat rate box.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

celticrose wrote:This does sound interesting. Maybe one of those flat rate boxes (you know - if it fits, it ships) would keep the cost even for everyone.

I was going to suggest keeping it to the flat rate like ACOT ships to us in as well. Shipping is absolutely crazy these days and I've stopped doing e-bay because of it. Who wants to pay $10 for a used shirt and $8 to ship it!
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I've done one of these before - pretty sure we used a Flat Rate box but I don't remember which size. I'm possibly interested... for the one before we didn't have any required number of items. I think we were just supposed to trade something of similar value, though several people put in more than they took. :)
Image Image
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 94

Post by Monroe1218 »

I'd definitely be interested if a flat rate box was used...
Rebecca

lmcgill
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 118

Post by lmcgill »

I would be interested , particularly if a flat rate was used to keep the cost down.
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

Oo oh, yes! I was once part of an "ugly" paper train. It was so much fun to see what some called ugly and others just loved. You had to put in as many sheets as you took out.

One suggestion is to put a time limit on the lay overs. And if you know that you will be out of town as your lay over approaches, arrange for a slight detour!
Laurie

3 Pals
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 49

Post by 3 Pals »

I would definitely do it! So much fun!
ImageImage Image
Ann
gine
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 157

Post by gine »

sounds like fun :-D
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!
ammielou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 263

Post by ammielou »

Sounds like fun, I'm in!!
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 
Firegems
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Post by Firegems »

I joined one of these once and it was pretty cool. I got some really cool stuff!
Firegems

Return to “General Talk”